What Nijinsky fans think of Plushenko's program | Page 2 | Golden Skate

What Nijinsky fans think of Plushenko's program

Glacierskater

On the Ice
soogar said:
I wouldn't put too much stock in what Dick says. Dick goes out of his way to say crappy stuff about Plush, Sokolova and other Russian skaters. Granted when Dick made that comment, Plush's program was still kind of rough. However I thought it was uncalled for as most skaters' programs (even MK's) are rough in the beginning of the season. Mike's Civil War program was really tepid and Dicky didn't say that Lincoln/Founding fathers were rolling in their graves.

I've never seen Nijinsky dance (just pictures) and the guy was really stocky and he didn't have good bodylines. Plush has better body lines and I thought his tribute was brilliant.

SOOGAR,

I did notice that early in the season Dick was seemingly negative toward Pleshy, but it seemed like he was more complementary toward him at the end. I was watching the Marshall's Challenged the other day and mentally noted this...and it was not his strongest performance either, as I believe that he was skating injured, and it appeared so....not hacking, just stating what I saw. I love his skating. And I love Maria Callas, so THANKS for recognizing, JOE!

Oh, and in follow up to Pavlova fainting from lack of attention after performing: Honey, get 'ova yourself! I cannot imagine being THAT self centered and out of touch with reality.

I almost forgot to add that I loved this performance of the tribute.

Last edited: