What? No current "Survivor" thread???? | Page 3 | Golden Skate

What? No current "Survivor" thread????

GlitterTwist

Rinkside
I don't think an all-girl alliance is going to work. Caryn and Katie strongly dislike each other and Caryn was against an all-girl alliance last time. However, this alliance would be the best shot for any of the girls to win. If it is Tom-Ian-Some Girl in the final three, that some girl is just not going to outlast Ian or Tom. I'm not sure if Tom/Ian would bring the other to the final two with them though. I know they are good friends and have not showed any signs of betraying the other yet, but both Tom and Ian are strong contenders and both are well liked and would get some votes.

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I am rooting mainly for Tom but wouldn’t mind if Ian got it. I am hoping that Tom, Ian and Caryn stay strong together. From the previews, it seems that Katie may be working on Ian. I could see Ian voting Tom out or vice versa. It’s a game but I sure hope that one of the girls don’t get it.

Now, there’s the show Thursday and then the last show is on Sunday, May 15th , right?

Dee

Aloft04

On the Ice
I think Caryn's loyalty is entrenched with Tom and Ian, so Jenn or Katie are toast this week - I don't care which one.

I still have this niggling thought that somehow they're going to shake things up by bringing back the annoying show tune lady and the hunky kid from the first show of the season....they only got about 5 minutes of air time. There has to be a reason.

So is Dee right in her speculation of a May 15 (Sunday) finale?

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
Aloft04 said:
I think Caryn's loyalty is entrenched with Tom and Ian, so Jenn or Katie are toast this week - I don't care which one.

I still have this niggling thought that somehow they're going to shake things up by bringing back the annoying show tune lady and the hunky kid from the first show of the season....they only got about 5 minutes of air time. There has to be a reason.

So is Dee right in her speculation of a May 15 (Sunday) finale?

ITA as to who's toast now -- and who would have thought Caryn would have made it this far?

I, too, thought Jonathan and Wanda were going to be coming back at some point -- but at this point in the game, with only 2 episodes left, I can't imagine what point they would serve. I have thought, thought, that maybe soon they're gearing up for a "first-round losers" edition, so by eliminating 2 right off the bat in Palau, they're 2 players closer to that goal.

According to the commercials shown during the Elvis movie last night, Dee is correct and the finale is on Sunday.

Aloft04

On the Ice
:laugh: I like your thinking, JonnyCoop! Instead of Survivor All-Stars, do a Survivor Never-Had-a-Chance reunion with all the 'first outs' up to bat again. I like it!!

Maybe call it "Survivor - Dead on Arrival". I'll have my people call Jeff Probst's people. We'll do lunch.

heyang

Record Breaker
I think TV GUide mentioned that Survivor Finale was on a Sunday. That makes me happy because I avoid a conflict with Apprentice finale.

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Aloft04 said:
:laugh: Maybe call it "Survivor - Dead on Arrival". I'll have my people call Jeff Probst's people. We'll do lunch.
Aloft, :laugh: :laugh: Great Idea!!

I've really enjoyed this Survivor. I've liked all of them even All Star but this one was really good especially with the new challenges. What about you, how do yo rate Palau?? It's gone by much too soon.

Dee

Aloft04

On the Ice
Dee - I like this season's show. It seems to be on track for a deserving winner instead of a hanger-on flying under the radar. At least I hope so.

Beautiful setting too!! I was amused by how Ian's BO became an issue during the food reward - how could he not want to spend time in that wonderfully clear, warm water?! :think: Maybe some strategy?

I'm hoping for Ian or Tom to win.

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I forgot to mention this before. I thought it rather strange when Greg, Jen and Katie were greeted by friends and family members on the cruise. Do you think they had all the family members waiting somewhere and then chose those family/friends from the survivors who won the challenge? That seems kind of mean to have all the family/friends there and not get to see the survivors. It seemed like it was fixed but I don't want to think so. What do you think?

Dee

Skate Sandee

On the Ice
Dee4707 said:
I forgot to mention this before. I thought it rather strange when Greg, Jen and Katie were greeted by friends and family members on the cruise. Do you think they had all the family members waiting somewhere and then chose those family/friends from the survivors who won the challenge? That seems kind of mean to have all the family/friends there and not get to see the survivors. It seemed like it was fixed but I don't want to think so. What do you think?

Dee

In a word, yes. All family members/friends would have been brought there. In which case, the ones who didn't win simply got a free vacation, but didn't get to see their Survivor friend/relative. You can bet that there was a lag of probably an hour between the end of the challenge and when the winners boarded the yacht so that the applicable family/friends could get boarded and stowed out of sight first.

It could be that this week's challenge (which in Survivor time is 3 days following the last reward challenge) will involve family participation. They've done many challenges in past tribes where the family either competes with or competes on behalf of the Survivors.

Skate Sandee

On the Ice
WOW! Another nailbiter of a tribal council. I thought Ian was done for sure! Then I see that all 4 voted for Caryn, so clearly there's something we didn't see. They couldn't have all just decided on Caryn based on her rant at TC. Maybe Katie let Jen know that she was voting for Caryn, and Jen wisely followed the others. But now I wonder what Jen is thinking. She has to wonder if she's now the odd man out (odd woman actually). But maybe Katie will turn once again. For once, I can't actually see this whole thing coming from a mile away.

I was :rolleye: at Katie's whole "you hurt me" breakdown. Nice deflecting of Ian's point that she screwed him in the last reward challenge.

sk8er1964

On the Ice
My husband and I thought that Ian was very sincere in the whole Katie-emotion scene.

We, too, thought that Ian was gone. I am so glad that he isn't. I'd like to see Tom and Ian in the final two, doesn't matter to me which one is the final winner - they both deserve it.

(Though I was shocked at Ian chosing Tom to go with him on the reward -- notice how little time they spent in that?)

Last edited:

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I just have to believe that Caryn threw in the towel. Otherwise, she may be the dumbest person on earth. As a lawyer, you would think she would have more restraint but she wrote her own death warrent last night.

What is Ian thinking? I have to believe that he is using some strategy with Katie but who knows. I couldn't believe Katie's breakdown.

On the next survivor, it says:

• The Final Four rethink their strategies when a once-solid alliance dissolves with the slip of a tongue.

• After an emotional Tribal Council, arguments erupt, feelings are hurt and friendships are questioned.

• A shocking development during the Final Immunity Challenge promises to go down in SURVIVOR history.

• Tears and harsh words fuel a tense session between the Jury and the Final Two.
The final four rethink............Could that be between Tom and Ian?

After an emotional Tribal Council..........Could Katie and Ian have another argument?

A shocking development during the Final Immunity Challenge..........Jen wins Immunity?

Tears and harsh words fuel a tense session...........Now, I think tears could mean one of the women is in the final two (damn)

I am hoping for Tom but I don't think he's going to make it.

Any thoughts??

Dee

Skate Sandee

On the Ice
Dee4707 said:
A shocking development during the Final Immunity Challenge..........Jen wins Immunity?

Dee

I don't think that's shocking enough. It's probably some kind of endurance type challenge like always, and someone promises to take the other person to the Final 2 if they throw the challenge, but then reneges? Or maybe someone quits? That would be shocking.

heyang

Record Breaker
There's 2 immunity challenges on Sunday. I really have no idea what will happen.

I don't want any of the women to win. They've pretty much done very little accept hang on to coattails to get this far. They've had 2 opportunities to take control away from the men and didn't use them. The only other player who deserves to be in the Final 2 (besides Tom & Ian) is Stephanie, but the others were smart enough to eliminate her.

don't forget - Survivor is on Sunday evening.

Kasey

Medalist
Get ready for a Tom/Katie final two....and the shocker will be, Tom will not win it as a walk in the park.....Just a hunch.

What I'm wanting to know, in the final 4 tribal council, will it get to the Purple Rock of Doom? The girls voting for the guy without immunity (to assume one of them will be wearing the Immunity necklace, most likely Tom, is close to a given), and the two guys voting for Jenn? Or will Katie be flipped again?

guinevere

Final Flight
I've been trying to figure out what could be soooo shocking at the final IC - we've already seen people quit the final challenge (Rich Hatch, and less successfully, Matthew in Amazon), we've seen people make shocking final negotiations breaking previous alliances (Vecepia & Neleh in Marquesas), we've seen a player refuse to consider another's alliance options (Lil and JOnny Dorkweed in Pearl Islands). I think the only thing that could be truly shocking would be if someone actually quit the whole GAME at that point. Normally I wouldn't even consider that a possibility - but with all the players who've been so willing to leave the game this season, and with Ian's insane meltdown with Katie on Thurs, I suppose it's possible that Ian would step out of the game. I certainly hope not, but I can't think of any other scenario that would generate so much press about being a Survivor first, etc.

I am really rooting for Tom to win.

Skate Sandee

On the Ice
Skate Sandee said:
I don't think that's shocking enough. It's probably some kind of endurance type challenge like always, and someone promises to take the other person to the Final 2 if they throw the challenge, but then reneges? Or maybe someone quits? That would be shocking.

WOW - I was right about someone quitting the game in the final endurance challenge. I won't say who out of deference for the West Coasters.

Actually thought the first scenario I said was more likely than the 2nd!

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
First of all, what really annoyed me about the reunion show (aside from Jonathan's hair) was the fact that NO ONE brought up the ONE QUESTION I waited the ENTIRE EDITION to have answered -- which is, if Coby and Angie were so tight and had such a special bond at the start, then why on earth did Coby not pick Angie to be on his tribe when his time came to pick?? (And didn't he pick Caryn The Train Wreck instead??) A lot may have happened since then, but I certainly didn't forget that.

What I found especially interesting about the last episode was the fact that Jen (entirely too late) was actually starting to RAISE her game while Ian's game just went to hell in a handbasket starting from the point where he took Tom instead of Katie on his reward challenge. If one is a lousy liar, which he is, then this would NOT be the venue to be trying it out right and left. And THEN to turn around, after 38 DAYS ON THE ISLAND AND 11 HOURS ON THE POLE, to suddenly decide AT THAT POINT he wants his integrity back -- well, that is not IMHO opinion, noble, but UNBELEIVABLY FLIPPIN' DUMB. Why come that far, especially after what he pulled the previous 4 or 5 days, and THEN decide to be honorable??

And while I have no respect whatsoever for the way Katie "played" the game, I do have to say she had some of the best jury answers I've ever head. "Janu, I know you're not going to vote for me anyway, so I'm not even going to bother to answer that" (5.9!!) and "Gee, Caryn, it's called forming alliances, maybe if you'd bothered to do that, you'd be sitting here right now instead of me" (6.0!!). However, the 6.1 would have to go to Coby -- "Katie, you were lazy, you were obnoxious, you were virtually worthless, you did absolutely nothing in this game, why should I vote for you?" She was possibly the least deserving runner-up ever, but at least Tom was probably the MOST deserving winner ever, so I guess it all evens out.

What I also found interesting was the fact that Stephenie, when she was on the island playing the game, no makeup whatosever, looked radiant and gorgeous -- in the studio at the reunion show, all made up, she looked like Flatbush Frump. Maybe it was the lighting.

Next edition looks TOO COOL -- Guatemalan ruins. Tho I was under the impression that Guatemala was politically unstable, then again my info may well be years out of date. I'm almost tempted to sign up -- but, y'know, those "Death Match 3000" immunity challenges are a bit of a turn off to me; personally, I'm just not into getting my face biffed into a big rock or something. Plus with my luck I'd get stuck with the most obnoxious group of people they've had since Africa....

Last edited: