What's your 5 favorite programs of this season? | Page 2 | Golden Skate

What's your 5 favorite programs of this season?

rain

Record Breaker
Piper and Paul RD and FD
Yelim Kim SP
Fournier-Beaudry/Sorensen FD
Lajoie/Lagha FD
Shoma Uno LP

Honourable mentions to Junhwan Cha's LP, Jason Brown's SP and LP, Hawayek/Baker FD (really missed them at Worlds), Kaori Sakamoto's LP, Keegan Messing's SP, Bradie Tennell's LP

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
In no particular order

Bradie Tennell SP
Isabeau Levito SP
Jason Brown SP & LP
Junwhan Cha SP
Emily Chan/Spencer Akira Howe SP
Madison Chock/Evan Bates FD
And, of course, Ilia Malinin, laser-like precision and accompanying joy in the sport.. his artistry is making strides and his friends at Workds gave him a Master Class in art technique..

So so many more..

Mai Miahara.. I have no words.. I adore her
Shoma’s S & L .. fierceness, dignity
Denis’s SP .. lightness, grace
Alexa & Brandon, Grit.. determination
New teams Ellie & Danny ..
Lea & Trent .. jaw-dropping achievement

Last edited:

CrazyKittenLady

Get well soon, Lyosha!
Record Breaker
Country
Austria
Minsol Kwon - Cats (FS)
Adam Hagara - Freedom (SP)
Mihhail Selevko - What Could Have Been (FS)
Lajoie/Lagha - RD
Ilya Yablokov - Stayin Alive (FS) and Andrei Anisimov - Vampire's Ball (FS)

I'm cheating a bit because I'v chosen six, but I just put the two Russian boys into one bullet point to make it work. ;)

klena

On the Ice
Adelia Petrosyan SP (Voila)
Veronika Yametova SP (Royal Blood)
Kamila Valieva Gala (Wednesday)
Kaganovskaya Angelopol FD
Andrey Mozalev both SP and LP

Last edited:

Rina RUS

Final Flight
Country
Russia
this is almost a carbon copy of many of the comedic programs that Kurt Browning did. Copycat!!!

I guess your words mean that many programs by Kurt Browning are almost carbon copies of other programs by Browning from your point of view? Maybe in this case Yagudin’s program can be “almost a carbon copy” of MANY Browning’s programs at once.

It would be more fair, if you could show ONE concrete program by Browning about which you could say: “it especially reminds this Browning’s program”.

(Did Browning have a program in which he played with circles of illumination? I sincerely don’t remember for sure.)

I see that the video of Yagudin’s program which was posted here, doesn’t work anymore, so I can post another link. (this is not the video by the Channel One, but it is a good video)

(People also say nothing is new in this world. :) As far as I know even “Romeo and Juliet” by Shakespeare wasn’t a new story, but only a new version of an old story.)

Last edited:

MiraiFan

Final Flight
Tough to just name five...
Jason Brown LP (sublime)
Bradie SP (love the music and costume on her)
Isabeau's LP--just beautiful!
Kanadai's Phantom FD--not a phantom fan, but WOW!
Fournier-Beaudry/Sorensen FD

Bonus: I really enjoyed Sofia Stepchenko's LP a lot

noskates

Record Breaker
Oh please......watch any of Browning's comedic programs and you'll see what I mean. This was not a bipartisan comment or anything against Alexei or his country - it was an observation of many years of watching Kurt skate in SOI and pro competitions. Hiding from and pouncing on the light circle on the ice is iconic. And IIRC Kurt has even choreographed some of Alexei's footwork in programs so yes the crossover would be natural. It was not meant as a derogatory remark. And yes, many of Kurt's programs have bits and pieces from his past programs. Suffice to say he's been very successful, much loved and an icon in the sport. And just informationally, I'm from the US - not Canada.

JimR

On the Ice
I don't know where to start. All of Kamila's programs should be number one.

1. Kamila - SP. I think this Interstellar program is perfect and hope she continues next season with it. I'm looking forward to the Team Tutberitze shows where she doesn't even have to think about jumps it will be perfection each performance.
2. Kamila - FS - For pure emotion, the Kazan performance was the most perfect in terms of components. Russian Nationals for emotion delivering two perfect quads and a 170 skate the highest of the season. She came from a long way back to win silver. The GP final performance not far behind with two perfect quads to get silver.
3. Kamila - Shaman and Wednesday - I can't split them. Both completely different. This is the best dancer on ice ever. The shaman performance is more rewatchable if anything despite how viral and well choreographed Wednesday was. There's such an explosive power to it.
4. Adelia - SP. So delightful and she sings as she skates.
5. Agata Petrova - FS - A star of the future. Plastic hands.

Edit. If there was 6 I'd give Mark Kondratiuk's SP but that's really 7.

Last edited:

Rina RUS

Final Flight
Country
Russia
Oh please......watch any of Browning's comedic programs and you'll see what I mean.
I’ve seen Browning’s programs. That’s why it is weird for me that you see his programs as a bunch of “carbon copies”. Your previous post was not about some “bits and pieces”, but you said that the program was “almost a carbon copy of many of the comedic programs”.

As for me, I am OK with the fact that all contemporary skaters try to repeat the jumps invented by Axel Rudolf Paulsen or by other skaters, that every artist takes something from other artists (I already mentioned that it was so even in times of Shakespeare). I think such “bits and pieces” are not a reason to say: “This program is a carbon copy! Copycat!!!”

I only can say: “Oh please, your words about a “carbon copy” are ridiculous, if you don’t mean any concrete program”. :)

And just informationally, I'm from the US - not Canada.

I didn’t say anything about your country, or about USA, or about Canada.

Last edited:

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Shoma FS, EX
Jason - Impossible Dream
Piper & Paul - Evita
Jun - Michael Jackson SP
Kaori - FS
Emily & Spencer - SP

Impossible to choose only 5! 😀 Many times I don't watch ice dance, but I enjoyed a lot of the programs at this comp. Kana & Daisuke honorable mention for Phantom. Fear and Gibson for their FS. Riku & Ryuichi SP. Kevin Aymoz Gladiator. Adding: Forgot to mention I was SO happy for Nicole Schott.

Last edited:

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
So hard to narrow it down!

Keegan's SP & free skate
Bradie's SP, I would include her free skate if it weren't for the Greta "voiceover!"
Fear/Gibson free dance
Jason's SP & free skate

Oops! I chose 6 programs!

Last edited:

FaustinaF

Rinkside
Oh yep, it's too hard to really choose the top 5 programs. Let's see.. I will name 5 but not 5 in preference's order!

- Keegan Messing FS
- Isabeau Levito SP and FS
- Ilia Malinin FS
- Jason Brown SP (but also FS, but doing so I'm writing 6 programs...😁)