• Sit

Votes: 35 26.9%
  • Layback/Catchfoot layback/Bielmann/Attitude

Votes: 38 29.2%
  • Forward/back Cross

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Other

Votes: 11 8.5%
  • I don't skate but I'm going to post my favorite to watch!

Votes: 11 8.5%

• Total voters

MsLutzy

Rinkside
I enjoy doing sit spins as well. First, they're super easy, you don't travel as easily as you might in other spins. Second, you can add a lot of variations to it, which makes doing sit spins fun and a time for creativity. It's also nice how you can throw one in a combination too.

Mrs Redboots

On the Ice
The Husband, who is trying desperately to get a second spin to fulfil the "well-balanced programme" requirements this year, is finding the parallel spin (camel spin) a lot easier than the sit-spin. At first he thought he'd find the sit easier, but then we worked together on the parallel, and his coach helped us, and he now finds it easier. Even I, who can barely spin, have a mini-parallel spin, the only problem is that my free leg is still far from parallel! Ah well.....

icy fresh

On the Ice
Although I still love laybacks, which I was I voted for, I now love doing flying cameles even more. When I do them, I feel like I'm flying! It's a really fun feeling. Then when I land in my back camel, my position is stretched and I can spin really fast and it feels great!

Sk8Gr808

Rinkside
I absolutely LOVE flying camels!! Oh they are fun, I especially love the "whippy" feel of the fwd-bwd transition.

As for layback, when done right I like them. When I do them, I travel more than I do in twizzles!!:eek:hwell: (need to work on that. . . .), but it's getting better, and I'm starting to like them more.

doubleaxel

Rinkside
I love the catch-foot layback. Because... it is the only layback variation I can do. For some strange reason, I can do a layback, but my camel spin is just... ugly. That is very weird, since usually a layback is considered harder than the camel. *rolls eyes* But I enjoy sit spins, too. :)

Zuranthium

Match Penalty
Forward scratch spin, because I can power through it. Spins are by far the weakest area of my skating.

gkelly

Record Breaker
Layback, with straight leg or attitude or dropped leg. I enjoy the leaning back, although I don't bend incredibly far.

Catch-foot? I haven't tried, because based on my attempts at the position at the boards I'm afraid I'd get stuck or get a cramp and fall over. Biellmann? Hahahahaha, never gonna happen.

chinesechanfan

Rinkside
my all time fav is definately the layback because like some mentioned the layback is very easy to do and i could do about 10 different 3-variations of layback and 30 different variations in isolation.

another one is upright variations like the one sasha cohen always does at the end of her programs and the corkscrew spin that she does in her romeo and juliette exhibition. i could also do backspin double loop and a very slow bielman spin (partly because my shoulders are flexible and i haven't learn how to pull it up properly.)

i thought of sit spins but then again i voted against it because of the flying sit variation. because im naturally turned in on my hips, my knees kept collapsing inside on me whenever i landed the jump-in on the flying sit.

silver.blades

Medalist
Country
Canada
Spinning's the best part of figure skating:love: . My favorite spin is the layback. I just like the feeling of it, but the camel and broken leg are really close as well. I also really like the upright catch foot back spin right now and sit spin variations. I really like combination spins, the longer the better:biggrin:

Last edited:

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
I would have to say layback. i can always think of new positioins and it is really easy for me. My laybacks have always been SO centered. :love:

LateComer

Spectator
My favorite would be a flying camel. Or really anything that ends in a back spin such as a sit-change-sit or camel-sit-change sit, etc. I've always loved sit spins as well.

greig

Rinkside
I love doing the Bielmann spin!Ever since ive seen Irina do it it has become my fave spin and that was years ago but i only got the hack of it lately.Its a bit weird for a male skater to do the bielmann spin though..but sure who cares.I also just started landing the tripple toe.i land it about 2 out of 5 times but thats not that good.