where do you skate? | Page 4 | Golden Skate

where do you skate?

SparkleSk8er

Rinkside
Geez, it sounds like your rinks are fairly supportive of the figure skaters. I skate at Pines Ice Arena in Pembroke Pines, Florida. Even though it's a twin rink, it isn't near as nice as some of the other single rinks. During hockey season we barely have any afternoon ice. We no longer have mornings and when we did, it was only one hour of ice. We have two Russian coaches who are bullies to the rest of the skaters, and nobody really gets along very well.

The equipment we use like the radio to play our music is frequently vandalized by stray pucks. The rink is dirty and there are rats aplenty.

If I was closer to Incredible Ice, I'd skate there except for the fact it is a 45 minute drive and I've heard they aren't too welcoming of other skaters. :sheesh:

icy fresh

On the Ice
I loved UD when I went there this summmer. You are so lucky that you get to skate there! Where I skate, I am probably one of the top skaters because of the level of everyone and it was great to skate at UD with all of advanced skaters!

takura

On the Ice
I wish I lived closer to an ice rink....I live so far from the East Dale Montgomery mall.

Skate@Delaware

On the Ice
The Centre Ice Rink at the Delaware State Fairgrounds. (Really!). It's cool because it is in lower Delaware (and 15 minutes from me), but it's not cool because it closes from April through August.

Guess I'll be coming up to The Pond this summer!:)