Which American pair will break out in 2007/2008 season? | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Which American pair will break out in 2007/2008 season?

KwanFan1212

Joey Votto Fangirl
Final Flight
They've been steady performers for some time, but younger teams keep jumping ahead of them (she's 22, he's 27). Starting in 2003, their placements at U.S. Nationals were 12th, 10th, 5th, 7th, and last year, 4th.

Maybe this will be their year to make the podium.

Actually, they jumped back ahead this year by finishing fourth over a couple of teams who placed higher than them the previous year. Fourth was outstanding for them and I'm still anxious to see a video of their LP from Spokane because everyone has told me it was wonderful. :) I would LOVE to see Amanda & Mark make the podium again this year. They've improved SO much over the last few years and I'm eager to see their new programs at the Indy Challenge next month. They have such a special way of taking the audience on a journey with them during their programs and their biggest obstacle is consistancy. If they can find that, they have the difficult skills and the presentation to do really well internationally. I believe in them! :agree:OK, granted, I run their website and I'm highly biased but that's neither here nor there, LOL :laugh:

Cal Girl

Rinkside
If Vise/Trent get their throw quad salchow out there with some decent sbs jumps they will get a nod. Their throw 3's are huge and they have nice lifts and I believe a split 3 would be something they could attain simply with the height/size difference.
I like McLaughlin/Brubaker but he is tiny and she is young. However, she does a wonderful job for someone her age. She is a good competitor and has a very nice line. I hope they continue to grow as a team and get consistent with their sbs triple. They have the most potential for 2010 if she doesnt grow.
Love Castille/Okoloski but they have been around a long time and I worry about their ability to get a sbs triple consistent. However, Inoue/Baldwin were never that consistent and they always managed to place well. C/O have a great look on the ice with wonderful expression and maturity that comes from skating together a long time. I am hopeful they will continue to be the team to beat this year!
Vlassov/Meekins are good but a little too mechanical for my taste. They do have consistency and nice unison and I too believe they can outlast many of the teams. They already have.

If Vise/Trent get their throw quad salchow out there with some decent sbs jumps they will get a nod. Their throw 3's are huge and they have nice lifts and I believe a split 3 would be something they could attain simply with the height/size difference.
Exactly. He's tall enough to toss her around. Isn't that what Pairs is all about? Acrobatics!

Joe

Fozzie Bear

On the Ice
Castile & Okolski were the highlight of the American pairs season for me. I hope they can continue to build on the success of last season.

I wish Nam and Lefteris would skate to less frenetic music. They could learn to relate to each other much better if they didn't have to rush all the time.

Lanie

On the Ice
I really want Vlassov/Meekins to kick some butt at Nationals, and at Skate Canada. They're a great hard-working team, two awesome people.