Which jump combination is best for Adult Bronze? | Golden Skate

Which jump combination is best for Adult Bronze?

1flip1der

Spectator
I'm putting together an adult bronze level program and trying to decipher the USFSA and ISU rules is driving me bonkers.
Right now my planned jumps are:
1F
1L
1Sal-1L-Waltz jump
1F-1T
But I'm trying to figure out if I could/should change it to
1F
1L
1L-1E-1Sal
1F-1T
Help. Please.
Thanks.

Elija

On the Ice
I'm putting together an adult bronze level program and trying to decipher the USFSA and ISU rules is driving me bonkers.
1F
1L
1Sal-1L-Waltz jump
1F-1T
1F
1L
1L-1E-1Sal
1F-1T
Help. Please.
Thanks.
Do what you’re most comfortable with. A better executed jump with lower BV is going to be be better overall than harder jumps not being counted if you don’t rotate them properly. Also, I didn’t know a waltz jump could be counted for bronze? Where I live, a waltz is an unlisted jump as it’s not one rotation and has no base value. Maybe it’s different in other countries. We also can only do two combos of two jumps for bronze, not a three jump combo. If you’re definitely allowed to do three, do whatever is going to get the most points but that you can also do consistently under pressure. Presumably you have also discussed this with your coach? They should be able to suggest what would be best.

MiraiFan

Final Flight
I got dinged on my Eulers both times I competed--if you add it, make sure it's all the way around. If it's not, it won't count and will invalidate your combo...

1flip1der

Spectator
Do what you’re most comfortable with. A better executed jump with lower BV is going to be be better overall than harder jumps not being counted if you don’t rotate them properly. Also, I didn’t know a waltz jump could be counted for bronze? Where I live, a waltz is an unlisted jump as it’s not one rotation and has no base value. Maybe it’s different in other countries. We also can only do two combos of two jumps for bronze, not a three jump combo. If you’re definitely allowed to do three, do whatever is going to get the most points but that you can also do consistently under pressure. Presumably you have also discussed this with your coach? They should be able to suggest what would be best.
In USFSA, we're definitely allowed to do one 2 jump and one 3 jump combination or sequence. A sequence is "any listed jump immediately followed by an axel-type jump." But since we're not allowed to do an axel in Bronze (which I'm not doing successfully yet anyway), I'm doing a step out after my sal-loop to a waltz jump (because my waltz jump is huge and fun;-).

1flip1der

Spectator
I guess what I'm really trying to figure out is if the Euler will be counted as a loop or a a distinct jump? I have a loop on it's own earlier in the program and I don't want to get dinged for having three loops.

k8a

Rinkside
I don't know about the USFSA rules, as they seem to be slightly different, but everywhere I have skated euler has its own abbreviation and counts as a separate listed jump when used between two other jumps in a combination, so it's not the same as a loop. You can also use it as an unlisted jump as a part of footwork etc.

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
1F
1L
1Sal-1L-Waltz jump
1F-1T
1F
1L
1L-1E-1Sal
1F-1T
Help. Please.
Thanks.
I'm confused-which L's are Lutz (Lz) and which are Loop (Lo)?

treblemakerem

On the Ice
For usfsa, you can do 2 loops and an euler. They are worth the same points but count as different jumps. If you can rotate it consistently, the euler is worth more, so I would do that one.

Elija

On the Ice
I guess what I'm really trying to figure out is if the Euler will be counted as a loop or a a distinct jump? I have a loop on it's own earlier in the program and I don't want to get dinged for having three loops.
Yes Euler is a separate jump to loop.

Elija

On the Ice
This is the link to the most recent technical requirement 2023/2024 for adult skaters for ISU

For adult bronze you are not permitted to do axel type jumps…so I think you waltz jump is out
The US seems to have different requirements to the ISU for some reason for bronze. I just looked them up too cause was so curious about the three jump combo and waltz jump, neither of which would be allowed under isu rules. Worth keeping in mind for US skaters who want to compete internationally.

MiraiFan

Final Flight

Coach Aimee

PSA Ranked
Rinkside
For adult bronze you are not permitted to do axel type jumps…so I think you waltz jump is out
Yes you can do waltz jumps in pre-Bronze and Bronze.
That is correct. You ARE permitted to do Waltz jumps:
Screenshot 2023-10-05 at 10.34.34 PM.png