ISU rules for adult competitions | Golden Skate

ISU rules for adult competitions

Diana Delafield

Frequent flyer
Medalist
Country
Canada
I've been reading the rules for the ISU Adult competitions, knowing perfectly well I'm a terrible traveller and don't want to travel that far and then have to skate at the end of the journey. But still, my current pairs partner keeps hinting....

So I've looked at the rules for the Pairs Masters level, and just want to clarify a term that has probably changed a bit since my day, "pivot figure". I'm assuming they mean what we're doing in the picture? Actually that was the preliminary to a back outside death spiral with, obviously, a reverse in my position just starting to happen as the free leg swings forward and him just starting to lower his pivot, but if that's a pivot figure then the skaters could stay at that point and meet the requirement? We'd want to do an ice level death spiral ourselves; I'm just trying to get a few new-to-me terms straight, having never read the regulations before.

Attachments

• 11 spins - indoors.jpg
    11 spins - indoors.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 41

gkelly

Record Breaker
I've been reading the rules for the ISU Adult competitions, knowing perfectly well I'm a terrible traveller and don't want to travel that far and then have to skate at the end of the journey. But still, my current pairs partner keeps hinting....

So I've looked at the rules for the Pairs Masters level, and just want to clarify a term that has probably changed a bit since my day, "pivot figure". I'm assuming they mean what we're doing in the picture? Actually that was the preliminary to a back outside death spiral with, obviously, a reverse in my position just starting to happen as the free leg swings forward and him just starting to lower his pivot, but if that's a pivot figure then the skaters could stay at that point and meet the requirement? We'd want to do an ice level death spiral ourselves; I'm just trying to get a few new-to-me terms straight, having never read the regulations before.
Yes, that is the idea