Which man will win a World title first(if any) | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Which man will win a World title first(if any)

First of these men to win first World title(if any) will be?

• Joubert

Votes: 17 19.8%
  • Lysacek

Votes: 27 31.4%
  • Weir

Votes: 14 16.3%
  • Takahashi

Votes: 3 3.5%
  • Oda

Votes: 11 12.8%
  • Sandhu(really a stretch)

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • Buttle

Votes: 7 8.1%
  • either other or none of the above

Votes: 5 5.8%

• Total voters
When Stephane is forced to retire because of the injured knees, it will be Jeffrey Buttle who will finally skate without errors.

Joe

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Okami said:
I'm also selfishly hoping for more of his amusing exibition programs. "Rooster", anyone? :p

His Super Mario Brother's routine was part hilarious part cute and part disturbing lol but I agree we need someone like him to skate more often

slutskayafan21

Match Penalty
Joesitz said:
When Stephane is forced to retire because of the injured knees, it will be Jeffrey Buttle who will finally skate without errors.

Joe

Jeff will retire before Stephane probably, or at latest the same year.

Vash01

Medalist
I had a tough time deciding between Joubert and Lysacek. I am projecting that by next season Evan will have a consistent quad and he could beat Joubert. He will need to skate strong in both SP and LP, however. The SP seems to be his undoing. I also expect Joubert to improve in some areas which should make for an interesting competition.

However, if I had my wish, Takahashi will become consistent in jumps and win the world title. Unfortunately I don't feel this is going to happen. Oda will win before Daisuke does.

I picked Lysacek to win the world titlte first, but my gut says Joubert might win it in 2007.

Vash

If Joubert and Lambiel remain healthy they will continue to compete with each other for the gold Worlds.

Should something happen which prevents them from skating through 2009, then any of the other mentioned men could win and maybe even Tommy Steenberg or Steven Carriere or Christopher Mabee. Who can predict with any accuracy in 2006?

Joe

slutskayafan21

Match Penalty
If Lambiel gets his triple axel more solid and does a better job capatilizing on his spinning ability by the choices of spins he puts in his program, and Joubert rides the confidence resurgence he had from the 2007 Worlds, I expect those two to share all the World/Olympic titles between them over the next 4 years.

With that in mind of course I voted for Joubert.

I was glad to see some mentions of Takahashi in this thread. I too thought he was underscored in the Olympics and hope to see him do well this year.

Kasey

Medalist
With several moderators posting in this very thread, how is it that a stupid troll is allowed to personally insult and bash another poster multiple times? Must you be slutskayafan21 to be allowed to get away with such nasty and reprehensible behavior? There IS a reason why that idiot has been banned at other figure skating boards you know. Whatever. Yet another reason why THIS board is losing posters.