Who did the music piece justice? | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Who did the music piece justice?

jenaj

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Best Swan : Oksana Baiul, 1992 Olympic exhibition, runner-up, Johnny Weir, 2006 Olympics
Best Tosca: Michelle Kwan 2004 US Nationals
Best Scheherazade: Midori Ito, NHK Trophy, 1989(?); runner-up, MK, 2002 Nationals
Best Afternoon of a Faun: Janet Lynn, various
Best Gershwin Concerto: Yu Na Kim, 2010 Olympics
Best Rach 3: Michelle Kwan 1997-98 SP
Best Rach Prelude in C# Minor: Jeffrey Buttle

Kinga

Medalist
The best Liebestraum - Mishkutenok/Dmitriev, hands down.
The best Pink Floyd - Delobel/Sch
The best Adagio by Albinioni - Denkova/Stavisky
The best rumba - Torvill Dean, 1994.

I'll have to check that one out, Dragonlady. I found Joannie Rochette's Samson in 2010 at Canadian nationals stupendous. I don't remember Buttle's, so I need to compare.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
It was good for a little while. :cry:

I know, all of these playoff games have started out really good/edge of your seat. Then by third quarter one team breaks out and the other one forgets there's a second half to play or something. Watching the Giants cream the Falcons right now...

now my (AND Kristi Yamaguchi's) Niners are stuck battling the Saints next week.

skateluvr

Record Breaker
Kitt who else skated to Lady Caliph? Sublime is right on the money.

Aranjuez belongs to NK Worlds 2003
Meditation On Thais has to be G&G -signature piece. Bartek has Sasha for many performances. Flawed but still who did a better Swan, Dark Eyes, Romeo and juliet? Fernanadp's Hideaway was adorable.

lavender

Record Breaker
Sasha's program's always very good, shows off her style!!

Michelle Skated to Ikuko Kawai's version of Aranjuez, which is still the best, the more classical rendition by rodrigo well Joannie Rochette was good for me there.. - that program transformed her.

As for the overused Piano Concerto No: 2 I hope a lot of people can agree, but no one has come close to Chen Lu, that program especially world's 96 was breathtaking - Michelle and Chen double gold there.

Yu Na Danse Macabre "BOY" that was good (best rendition), loved her OO7 too though........

I agree that Michelle has the best program to the Kawai's version...well the most impact

I think Takeshi Honda had the best version to the classic rendition by rodrigo.

Best Rach 3: Michelle Kwan 1997-98 SP
Best Rach Prelude in C# Minor: Jeffrey Buttle

I think of them when anyone else skates to these. 2 of the best shorts ever.

Last edited:

Kitt

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Johnny

Kitt who else skated to Lady Caliph? Sublime is right on the money.

Johnny had a portion of Lady Caliph in his last Olympic LP. The rest of the music was by Ennio Morricone, correct me if I am wrong.

I loved that program too.

periperi

On the Ice
I feel that Honda's program to Aranjuez has Kwan's beat by a mile. :p It'll be interesting if Chan does end up skating his program to this piece without major disruptions because I think he could pose a threat to Honda's #1 spot on my list.

ryanbfan

On the Ice
Best Romeo and Juliet... Sasha's FS at the 06 Olympics. Extremely bittersweet program but it was skated with such emotion and feeling.

Best Dark eyes... Sasha's SP @ 06 Olympics. She was on fire.

And someone else beat me to it but it's so true... the BEST phantom of the opera is Meryl's and Charlie's!

heyang

Record Breaker
Carmina Burana - Paul Wylie

Totally Agree!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5JH_GthgfY Can't imagine what SOI would've been without Paul's various numbers after he got his confidence boost in Albertville.

Malaguena- Kristi's Olympic LP http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dozwFZ5NoNs Not the best performance of it, but I can't find one of US Nationals.

Unfortunately, there isn't a You Tube video of Punsalan and Swallow's Umbrellas of Cherbourg.... there is one of Usova and Platov's but P&S's was so much better.

Editing to add the 'making of' vidoe of Kristis' Malaguena. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7-6BF1W_8I&feature=related

Last edited:

lavender

Record Breaker
IMO Honda and Michelle didn't skate to the same Aranjuez music. Honda skated to the slower classical rendition.