Who do you consider the most overscored women singles skater in recent history? | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Who do you consider the most overscored women singles skater in recent history?

Most overscored women singles skater in recent memory?

• Total voters

DaveT

On the Ice
I have heard several judges remark that this is one thing they like about the new judging system.

Under the old system, there was a certain amount of self-generated pressure along the lines of, gee, that really wasn't all that great, but my goodness, she's the World Champion so I guess the perfromance must have been better than I thought. Plus, judges didn't want to look foolish by giving a 5.2 when everyone else was giving a 5.8.

Now, so I understand, it's a lot easier just to push the buttons on the computer after each element and let the points add up as they may. Somehow there is less pressure this way.

Do you really think it is any different today with PCS? Seems like a certain level of skater automatically gets put in a range and that all those scores match even though they are different components. For example, we watched all the skaters from the bottom up at 4CC, each group of skaters as we progressed had a higher set of PCS, for example, first group starts in low 4s but the very next warm up group you could have the first skater worse than any in the previous group but somehow now we are in the 5s for PCS. And your choreography = your transitions = your performance execution, et al, and according to the scores all skaters do all these things equally well and better as the day goes on.