Who is your fave Northamerican Ice dance couple? | Golden Skate

Who is your fave Northamerican Ice dance couple?

Bijoux

Match Penalty
There are several I have liked, Punsalen and Swallow, Naomi and Peter, Shae and Victor and of course the current phenoms, Belbin and Agosto. If I had to pick one, I would say Shae and Victor. I think they had great technique, great presentation, and one of the best FS performances I can remember, "Riverdance," in 1998. There have been so many great NA ice dancers. Who is your fave and why?

mandykane21

Rinkside
Wow, I don't know if I could pick just one. I really liked Shae and Vic and Belbin and Agusto, but the team I'm really pulling for right now is Matthews and Zavozin.

shine

Record Breaker
Tessa Virtue & Scott Moir! And G-Rabinowitz & Mitchell right behind.

Vash01

Medalist
Only Belbin-Agosto.

I used to like Silverstein & Pekarec before they split. They had a lot of potential.

Vash

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Shae-Lynn and Victor get my vote hands down. Now that they have retired, I don't really have a North American favorite. In fact, I don't know who I really like out there in the ice dance world. So far none of the couples have captured my imagination. I hope that changes this season!!

Bijoux

Match Penalty
trying to remember

having a senior moment prematurely. What is the name of the couple that danced with SOI so many seasons, rivals of P&S in amateur days I loved them. She was from US he from Russia. they were beautiful, tall, classic line. I never saw a bad program or horrid costume-just won't come to mind. She had short hair. Tip of my tongue! GRRR! he's in law school now, I believe...

BronzeisGolden

Medalist
I've only recently become interested in ice dance to any great degree, and I would have to say that that is in large part because of Belbin & Agosto. They are both so charismatic on the ice and put so much of themselves into their performances. Before this team, I really only paid attention to Bourne & Kraatz. I love the underdogs! And, geez, if it didn't always seem like this team was battling to get out of 4th! Some other teams I liked in the past (I know, they are not North American....but I will put them anyway): Torvill & Dean, Usova & Zhulin, and K&O. Honestly, I became interested in skating in 93-94 and for some reason, Oksana Grischuk always rubbed me completely the wrong way....I think that explains, in part, why I didn't become a huge fan of ice dance at that time.

Eeyora

Final Flight
As of now it is Belbin and Agosto. It used to be Silverstein and Pekarek. I can't wait to see Jamie with Ryan o'Meara. I used to love Shae and Victor too.

STL_Blues_fan

Final Flight
Bijoux said:
having a senior moment prematurely. What is the name of the couple that danced with SOI so many seasons, rivals of P&S in amateur days I loved them. She was from US he from Russia. they were beautiful, tall, classic line. I never saw a bad program or horrid costume-just won't come to mind. She had short hair. Tip of my tongue! GRRR! he's in law school now, I believe...

That would be Gorsha Sur and Rene Roca.

I personally always preferred the European style, maybe that's why I would pick Duchesnays as my favorite NA team. Then I would pick Naomi and Peter.

Yana

gkelly

Record Breaker
STL_Blues_fan said:
I personally always preferred the European style, maybe that's why I would pick Duchesnays as my favorite NA team.

Nice choice! :agree:

I'd also say Blumberg & Seibert.

SK8LUVR

On the Ice
Favorite Dance Team

Well being from Canada I really liked Shae-Lyn and Victor but since they are retired I really like the up and coming team of Tessa Virture and Scott Moir. I really think that they have allot of potential. I also really like Belbin and Agusto from the USA but I am sad that they cannot compete at the Olympics. When a top world team cannot compete it is so unfortunate. However, Dubriel and Lauzon are Canada's only chances at the Olympics but I have yet to see them skate this year so I don't know how their programs match up with the other dance teams.:agree:

diamondqueen

On the Ice
Favorite North American Ice Dancers

Belbin/Agosto are the best.:rock: They have everything you could ask for in ice dancers, grace, speed, great control, difficulty and pure talent. I love watching them and wish them well in the upcoming season:clap:

diamond:love:

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Belbin/Agosto and Mathews/Zavozin. Since Anissina/Peizerat went pro, I have missed them a lot, but am glad to see Drobiaszko/Vanagas back. A/P and D/V were my favorite teams of the past.

Now that the US has some real contenders in Ice Dance, it is very exciting.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Bijoux said:

Renee Roca & Gorsha Sur... :) They still skate in shows as well as choreography for many of the top skaters today

I've found that I tend to like the NA style of ice dance so I have a lot of faves

Shae and Vic, Renee and Gorsha (he is soooooo hot), Tanith and Ben, Melissa and Denis ( :rock: ), and others but those are my top 4 :)

Dyan

On the Ice
My all time favorites: Wilson/McCall, Blumberg/Siebert & Roca/Sur

My favorites from the last few years or so: Silverstein/Pekarek, Belbin/Agosto, Silverstein/O'Meara, Stiegler/Magerovsky, Wing/Lowe, Dubrueil/Lauzon, Matthews/Zavozin and Virtue/Moir

Having just seen Skate America, I have three new favorites: Siobhan Karam and Joshua McGrath, Jamie Silverstein and Ryan O'meara and Christine Beier and William Beier. (The Beiers are German, but anyway... :) )

MM :)

Last edited:

dancindiva03

Match Penalty
I haven't been following ice dance for too long and I'm not old enough to remember a lot of the names I see mentioned here. I always liked Bourne & Kraatz, and also Punsalen & Swallow. I don't really remember Roca & Sur as amateurs, but I saw them in SOI and fell in love with them. Currently, my favorite NA dance teams are Gregory & Petukhov and Steigler & Magerovskiy.

merrywidow

Record Breaker
Blumberg & Seibert, Wilson & McCall, Fox & Dalley, Semanick & Gregory, Roca & Adair, Roca & Sur, Belbin & Agosto.