Who Will Be the American Idol? | Golden Skate

Who Will Be the American Idol?

R

rgirl181

Who Will Be the American Idol?

Vote for who you think will win American Idol. In your posts, comment on anyone you think might have won or been in the final two had they not been eliminated. Also comments in general on why you think the person you picked will win.

R

RealtorGal

Re: Who Will Be the American Idol?

<span style="color:red;font-family:helvetica;font-size:small;">Clay is MY American Idol for all the reasons I've stated previously. I would pay a large sum of money to listen to that voice... on CD or live. He is the only one I feel that way about. Just look at last night: He sang a feel-good song and made us all, well, feel good! Then he opened himself up and sang a beautiful ballad. Paula said "vulnerable performance" and that was a totally accurate assessment. </span>

<span style="color:blue;font-family:helvetica;font-size:small;">I absolutely love Kimberly Locke. I can't believe how much she has grown these past few weeks. It's just awesome.</span>
<span style="color:green;font-family:helvetica;font-size:small;">
Ruben has great potential if he can find a way to be more honest in his singing and stop hiding behind that smile. I want to see MORE of what I believe he is capable of.</span>

S

Show 42

Clay all the way........he's got a "boy next door" look complete with an engaging smile and freckles. A real cutie with one of the best voices I have ever heard. I'd buy his CD in a flash...42

R

realistic51

American Idol

I'm pretty sure it will be Clay. He has an awesome voice, but I wouldn't go see him live. I'd rather just lay back and listen to him with my eyes closed (I sound like Simon).

I think Ruben runs a good chance of winning, but not against Clay. These are my top two.

Kimberley is coming on strong, but she wasn't as good this past Tuesday. I really like her voice so these are my top 3 in the order I perceive they may finish.

H

HamiltonBrowningFan

Re: American Idol

unless Clay comes down with Larengitus(sp?) in the next couple of weeks there's no way he shouldn't win!

M

mike79

I voted for Ruben only because he's who I want to see win. It does seem like Clay will take the title though, and I'd be fine with that.

I want Ruben to win because his voice is more soulful/R&B, some of my favorite types of music. Clay has a great voice but the whole Rick Astley/Barry Manilow/Broadway thing isn't for me. I'd love to see both of them in the finals. I'm sure that both will have big careers in music sooner than later.

Kim has improved leaps and bounds over her Heat Wave fiasco. I see her finding a niche in the Adult Contemporary world.

Josh: Meh. There's no reason he should be around anymore. Kim C, Vanessa, and Rickey should all have lasted longer, but that's the way it goes sometimes. Josh is now the Nikki of this year.

S

starshinexavier

I voted for Clay. That guy just makes me smile. He's just so darn cute. And he's a total class act, and I really admire that about him. Oh, I almost forgot, that boy can SING!!!! Who would've thought that that voice would come out of him?!? Not only do I think that he'd be good as the American Idol, I also think that regardless if he wins or not, he'll be gracious of the fact that he did so well. That boy sure makes me smile and I so thoroughly enjoy watching him on TV each week.

C

CB1AB2

Clay all the way== He showed Simon that he can sing different style songs.

Josh should have been gone this week=-what was with the voting=did people actually hear him sing=he was bad.

But the funny thing is=I think he knew it was wrong that he wasn't chosen=you could see it in his face and gestures that he couldn't believe Ruben was picked and not him.

WAKE UP AMERICA=vote for the person who sings the best.

cb

H

heyang

I voted for Ruben because I would buy his albums. I like the smooth voices.

Clay is good, too - but, like Simon, I can't watch him. It always bothered me that he was making faces. He admitted to practicing in the mirror - getting rid of that many facial contortions in one week means either most were fake or he was practicing a LOT in the mirror. Now, if he were to appear on Broadway, I would go seem him. It seems appropriate there, but not for a pop star.

I agree that Josh is the Nikki of this year's AI. I would have gotten rid of him before Ricky and blond Kim.

Kim is good - she's a dark horse candidate. Not sure if I would buy her albums.

BTW, has anyone purchased Kelly Clarkson's CD?

S

Show 42

Heyang, I haven't seen Kelly's CD yet, but while looking for a Neil Sedaka CD, I came across the "American Idol" CD. I almost bought it. I think I'll go back to the store tomorrow and get it.

As to not being able to watch a singer sing, I felt that way about Jim Nabors. He was Gomer on "The Andy Griffin Show", and "Gomer Pyle, USMC". You can't believe the gorgeous sounds that came from him, but to watch him sing was painful.........42

H

HamiltonBrowningFan

<blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>Josh should have been gone this week=-what was with the voting=did people actually hear him sing=he was bad.[/quote]
I voted for him... yes I did hear him sing

Trenyce over sang hers... Josh only fails when he steps out of his vocal range... Trenyce fails when she's in her range... Josh rules!

D

Dee4707

Last week was the first time I watched the show. Clay sang first and I thought what a beautiful voice. And then.........I heard Ruben sing, oh wow!!!

To be honest, I like both Clay and Ruben but would like to see Ruben win. If either won, I would be ok with that. These two guy's voices are spectacular, ranges, strength and all that stuff. They moved me!!

Dee

H

HamiltonBrowningFan

Josh so did not deserve to go this week :(

G

guinevere

Re: Who Will be the American Idol?

<blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>Josh so did not deserve to go this week [/unquote]

You're right - he deserved to go LAST week! (and a couple of times before that...)

:p

g[/quote]

H

HamiltonBrowningFan

that he did... but he made up for it this week...

however Trenyce was just as bad last week....

L

lottafs

I'm all the way for Clay! :D

R

rgirl181

The Vegas odds makers have Ruben at even money, 1:1; Clay a close second at 6:5; and Kim the longshot at 8:1.
Rgirl

S

Show 42

That's a bit of a surprise, RGirl. Rueben has a pleasant voice, but he's not Idol material....doesn't look the part. For that matter, I guess neither does Clay, but his voice is magnificent......42

S

starshinexavier

Those odds are different than the ones in People's special American Idol edition. They have Clay at 2:1 odds, Ruben at 5:2 odds and Kimberley at around 15:1 odds. I think it'll be close between Ruben and Clay.

M

magentataupe

Clay: nice voice & outgoing personality.