Who will make 2021 Worlds for FRA, GER, and SWE? | Golden Skate

Who will make 2021 Worlds for FRA, GER, and SWE?

haribobo

On the Ice
Who do we expect to make Worlds team from these countries?

For comparison, last year's teams:

FRA- Aymoz, Meite, Hamon/Strekalin, Keriven/Pierre, Lauriault/LeGac, Papadakis/Cizeron

GER- Fentz, Schott, Hase/Seegert, Hocke/Kunkel, Muller/Dieck

SWE- Majorov, Algotsson

Bluediamonds09

Medalist
In France, for the ladies I hope maia mazzara or some up-and-coming talent is chosen. But I have no idea how the training conditions have been for these skaters.

Bluediamonds09

Medalist
Or, maybe the former Russian skater- turned French skater, whatshername....will have recovered from injury by now, let's hope!! She can't have switched countries for nothing.

figureskatingandrainbows

As Kao Miura once said, スケートって難しい
Record Breaker
Country
Olympic
France will definitely send Aymoz, but Papadakis/Cizeron are out, which is a huge blow.

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
Or, maybe the former Russian skater- turned French skater, whatshername....will have recovered from injury by now, let's hope!! She can't have switched countries for nothing.
Why don't you believe in Meite with all her experience and great skating? Injured?

sparklestan

On the Ice
I think you’re talking about Anna Kuzmenko. I was wondering how she was doing. Any news about her?

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Why don't you believe in Meite with all her experience and great skating? Injured?
Mae is still in Florida going by her instagram and unlikely to travel for Nationals next weekend, and may not be able to travel for Worlds either.

ETA: As Lauriault/Le Gac aren’t travelling for Nationals either and may not be able to travel for Worlds, the ice dance team most likely to be named for Worlds is Galyavieva/Thauron, who’ve started to eclipse them regularly over the past year. But it will depend on how they do at Nationals. They only skated the RD at Masters de Patinage.

Last edited:

Andrea82

Medalist
Mae is still in Florida going by her instagram and unlikely to travel for Nationals next weekend, and may not be able to travel for Worlds either.

ETA: As Lauriault/Le Gac aren’t travelling for Nationals either and may not be able to travel for Worlds, the ice dance team most likely to be named for Worlds is Galyavieva/Thauron, who’ve started to eclipse them regularly over the past year. But it will depend on how they do at Nationals. They only skated the RD at Masters de Patinage.

At the behind close doors Challenge held in Cergy in late December, G/T scored 189.21 with Lopareva/Brissaud at 182.97 and Lauriault/Legac at only 171.15

If L/L went back to Canada (and I see they are not in the entry list for Nationals), yes, I would expect G/T and L/B to be named for Worlds.

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
Sweden:

Nikolaj Majorov is the only one to have the tech minimum I think. And the best.

For women I hope they choose Josefin Taljegård. She, Anita and Matilda were pretty much equal last season. This season(though not many competitions for any them of course) I see Josefin as the most consistent. I get the feeling Anita struggles with injuries and that Matilda is still struggling with nerves.

Performance wise Josefin is the most enjoyable for me. I bet she would thrive from competing at home worlds. What a dream for her. Leaving competitive skating after 2015 Junior Nationals, then coming back almost two years later.

ETA Actually it seems like Cassandra Johansson is the only one to have the minimum tech for both SP and FS(from Nordics 2020). So if the rules stand I suppose she will go to worlds. (If not someone else makes the minimals before worlds)

Last edited: