Who will retire after this season? | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Who will retire after this season?

Ryan O

Final Flight
Country
Canada
So, are they going or are they going not?
I wouldn't mind to see them one last time.

I think it's time for P&B to retire, particularly after their unsportsmanlike comments in Sochi about some of their competitors.

Anna K.

Medalist
Country
Latvia
I think it's time for P&B to retire, particularly after their unsportsmanlike comments in Sochi about some of their competitors.

I think they're practicing dubious comments they will later make as coaches :laugh:

I meant I simply liked their programs this year, both. They're kind of the last of Mochicans of that old-fashioned French dance artistry that is kind of dying out these days. But it's a matter of taste :)

Ryan O

Final Flight
Country
Canada
I liked P&B's FD in Sochi and don't have anything against them.

I was just saying that since it was reported in that French article after the FD that they were quitting and that they weren't happy with I&K's marks and that Fabian felt he had given more to ice dance than Charlie White or Scott Moir that perhaps they should stick to their original plan and retire.

Anna K.

Medalist
Country
Latvia
I liked P&B's FD in Sochi and don't have anything against them.

I was just saying that since it was reported in that French article after the FD that they were quitting and that they weren't happy with I&K's marks and that Fabian felt he had given more to ice dance than Charlie White or Scott Moir that perhaps they should stick to their original plan and retire.

Uhm, in the sense of years he had given to ice dance Fabian is certainly right. If ice dance has gained more from him tham from Charlie White that's still a question :laugh:
I'll better shut up about that French article that I haven't read but if they prefer dancing to taliking I'll be always happy to see them :)

Ryan O

Final Flight
Country
Canada
Well, it's certainly true that Fabian is older than Charlie or Scott and has been around for longer, but that doesn't mean he's had a greater impact.

But French is my 2nd language and so I'm also going by the translation and interpretation I've read. Perhaps Fabian was a bit hot after the FD results and would phrase it differently now. ;)

Anna K.

Medalist
Country
Latvia
Well, it's certainly true that Fabian is older than Charlie or Scott and has been around for longer, but that doesn't mean he's had a greater impact.

But French is my 2nd language and so I'm also going by the translation and interpretation I've read. Perhaps Fabian was a bit hot after the FD results and would phrase it differently now. ;)

Well, some say that 4th place is the worst. One more reason to go to the Worlds and aim for better ending that will help them to chill out :)