Why are "run-throughs" bad? | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Why are "run-throughs" bad?

mskater93

Record Breaker
What are you all talking about when you talk about edge?

But sometimes people say Zzz doesn't have deep edges, what does that mean?
For twizzles, different edge means starting on a forward or backward edge either inside or outside. If you start one twizzle on a forward inside edge, the other one (or two) cannot start with a forward inside edge and so forth.

In addition to "lobey" looking patterns, you can see depth of edge in the lean on the blade, particularly in ice dance. A really deep edge will look like the side of the boot is almost touching the ice.

Greengemmonster

On the Ice
Is there a way to fall that's less dangerous?

Do you know if you're going to fall during midfall? Or do you just cop it and hope you don't break anything?

tafattsbarn

Rinkside
Is there a way to fall that's less dangerous?

Do you know if you're going to fall during midfall? Or do you just cop it and hope you don't break anything?

I know i'm gonna fall as soon as i take off. If i have a bad take off then i need to be prepared to try to save a jump or fall. I'm very rarely surprised by a jump fall, though of course it does happen occasionally.

If i have a good take off then i'll almost always land the jump as my axis is very stable and i don't often worry about losing a jump mid air. If it's bad then it's bad from the start.