World Figure Skating Championship Practice Reports and Chat | Golden Skate

World Figure Skating Championship Practice Reports and Chat

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Here's a thread to discuss practice reports from Worlds

(or even supply practice reports, if somehow you are lucky enough to be in the rink)

GoldenSkate is tweeting practice reports:

npavel

On the Ice
I wonder if someone has heard of Daniel Grassl. I got no news, no practice reports, nothing

icewhite

Record Breaker
I wonder if someone has heard of Daniel Grassl. I got no news, no practice reports, nothing

Didn't seem to go too badly, but still the problems on his Ltz, with underrotations and possible edge calls. Will probably depend on whether the judges call it...

icewhite

Record Breaker
Ilia seems to go very well.

I don't know why they push through with Vasiljev's quads if he simply can't do them with any security.

AlexBreeze

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
https://www.instagram.com/stories/goldsk8/3063376471686202096/

JEMPa2m.jpg

mrrice

Record Breaker
I liked this post on Ilia and hope to see more details on practice, other than on his IG acct.

I'm excited for Illa. He really seems to have a level head and relies on his training to speak for him. He's a new National Champion and I think he's going to represent us very well. I haven't heard much from Jason's Camp. I wonder how he's looking. He's always a wildcard if skaters don't go clean.

figureskatingandrainbows

As Kao Miura once said, スケートって難しい
Record Breaker
Country
Olympic
Some notes from our saviours Jackie Wong and the wonderful people at Goldenskate:

WOMEN
Kaori has been a little hit-or-miss, especially with her lutz and 3+3. Her last practice today was far better, though. Some people were concerned with Mai doing just figures on some of the sessions, but she's been doing jumps on most of the other sessiins and looks as consistent as ever. Haein has been crushing her practices, as has Chaeyeon. Yelim has had major lutz issues and some very inconsistent practices. Rinka started off the week with a clean FS runthrough, but has been less consistent ever since then. Her 3A success rate is ~50%. Isabeau and Bradie have looked strong in practice, while Amber has been... well Amber. She's had some struggles with the 3A, apparently taking a few nasty spills on it in practice. Loena has been dealing with a small ankle injury, and her jumps have been inconsistent. Kimmy and Nina Pinzarrone have both been doing well.

MEN:
Very men, Ilia has been the most consistent (yikes) along with Jason. Shoma has been very men, struggling on practice sessions and then nailing a free skate. Sota and Kazuki have been skating well. Adam has landed 4F and 4Lz. Deniss seems to be slowly wrangling the sal under control but his first few practices were disasters. Daniel's 4Lz has been very up-and-down for him but overall has been practicing well. Matteo has 4Lo woes, Jun has been kind of crushing it, Boyang's 4Lz lives, Keegan has been doing pretty well (and living it up apparently), Kevin has equipment issues, Andrew's quads have been a struggle, and Lukas and Conrad have been not splatting.

PAIRS

Lia and Trennt have triple throws now and SBS jumps have been a hot mess for prrtty much everyone.

DANCE

KanaDai are popular in Japan. In other news, grass is green, the sky is blue, and Maddie and Evan still have the boring costumes.

mrrice

Record Breaker
Some notes from our saviours Jackie Wong and the wonderful people at Goldenskate:

WOMEN
Kaori has been a little hit-or-miss, especially with her lutz and 3+3. Her last practice today was far better, though. Some people were concerned with Mai doing just figures on some of the sessions, but she's been doing jumps on most of the other sessiins and looks as consistent as ever. Haein has been crushing her practices, as has Chaeyeon. Yelim has had major lutz issues and some very inconsistent practices. Rinka started off the week with a clean FS runthrough, but has been less consistent ever since then. Her 3A success rate is ~50%. Isabeau and Bradie have looked strong in practice, while Amber has been... well Amber. She's had some struggles with the 3A, apparently taking a few nasty spills on it in practice. Loena has been dealing with a small ankle injury, and her jumps have been inconsistent. Kimmy and Nina Pinzarrone have both been doing well.

MEN:
Very men, Ilia has been the most consistent (yikes) along with Jason. Shoma has been very men, struggling on practice sessions and then nailing a free skate. Sota and Kazuki have been skating well. Adam has landed 4F and 4Lz. Deniss seems to be slowly wrangling the sal under control but his first few practices were disasters. Daniel's 4Lz has been very up-and-down for him but overall has been practicing well. Matteo has 4Lo woes, Jun has been kind of crushing it, Boyang's 4Lz lives, Keegan has been doing pretty well (and living it up apparently), Kevin has equipment issues, Andrew's quads have been a struggle, and Lukas and Conrad have been not splatting.

PAIRS

Lia and Trennt have triple throws now and SBS jumps have been a hot mess for prrtty much everyone.

DANCE

KanaDai are popular in Japan. In other news, grass is green, the sky is blue, and Maddie and Evan still have the boring costumes.
:thank: :thank: :thank:

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm excited for Illa. He really seems to have a level head and relies on his training to speak for him. He's a new National Champion and I think he's going to represent us very well. I haven't heard much from Jason's Camp. I wonder how he's looking. He's always a wildcard if skaters don't go clean.
I’ve seen several articles on FB. FWIW

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

Mr Rice, US Fan Zone had an article on Jason preparing for Worlds that you may find interesting.

He announced his comeback to the U.S. Championships on November 2, 2022. But if he was going to come back, he was going to do it his way. That meant an unconventional training schedule – continuing to do shows while he prepared.
"I really want to make it clear to all the readers, I've been training really, really hard. Just in a very different way," explained Brown, who was training three different show pieces in the leadup in addition to his two competitive programs.

And a practice photo from Saitama: