2024 Canadian National Skating Championships : Pre Game Chat | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2024 Canadian National Skating Championships : Pre Game Chat

saine

Medalist
Country
Canada
They haven't made any announcements about streaming practices. They do have a livestream set up for special features/interviews though. No announcements about who will be commentating either, assuming that Ted will be one of the commentators.

FlossieH

Final Flight
Country
United-Kingdom
What has happened with Brooke and Ben? They seem to be missing? Have there been injury problems? They seem to have been off form all season.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
24 hours away or so !!!! OMG !!!! I am so excited. The bad news : it corresponds with a return to work and it's always intense for me the first week... I will see what I can do about watching but until Saturday, I will rely on archives.

saine

Medalist
Country
Canada
24 hours away or so !!!! OMG !!!! I am so excited. The bad news : it corresponds with a return to work and it's always intense for me the first week... I will see what I can do about watching but until Saturday, I will rely on archives.
I'm working from home Tuesday/Wednesday, so I should be able to watch most of the junior events. Looking at the schedule, I'll be able to catch synchro on Thursday and probably pairs/synchro/men on Friday. It'll be fun to see if Nexxice can have another upset for the title this year :)

RatedPG

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I’m going to be ON/OFF too. This thing called work gets in the way.

I’m looking forward to the archives though….

I’m looking forward to seeing the practice reports tonight.

Praying Roman is there with his skates

labgoat

Done updating WJC rewatches!
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Looks like I will be able to LIVE watch on the 12-13th and update REWATCH as work/home life permits for earlier events. Not sure how I fit in Euros yet...

saine

Medalist
Country
Canada
Skate Canada posted an instagram story with some of the commentary team. In the picture there's Charlie Bilodeau, Laurence Darveau (from Nova), Alicia Pineault, Kirsten Moore-Towers, Kaetlyn Osmond and Elisabeth Paradis. So they could be having English and French commentary this year.

Edit: Checked Ted's Instagram, he posted a picture of the French broadcast team. Also had another post that he'd be doing commentary with Kaetlyn, Kirsten and Kaitlin Weaver, so it looks like he'll be commentating the men on his own possibly.

Last edited:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Skate Canada posted an instagram story with some of the commentary team. In the picture there's Charlie Bilodeau, Laurence Darveau (from Nova), Alicia Pineault, Kirsten Moore-Towers, Kaetlyn Osmond and Elisabeth Paradis. So they could be having English and French commentary this year.

Edit: Checked Ted's Instagram, he posted a picture of the French broadcast team. Also had another post that he'd be doing commentary with Kaetlyn, Kirsten and Kaitlin Weaver, so it looks like he'll be commentating the men on his own possibly.
Seem likes they don't have a commentator for the men on neither the French nor the English...

I am probably going to watch archives in French... that way i can let those who don't watch it in French if anything interesting was said about our skaters.

Honestly, I am a bit less excited than a week ago with all the bad news but once it gets started, there is no looking back :)

rain

Record Breaker
Seem likes they don't have a commentator for the men on neither the French nor the English...

I am probably going to watch archives in French... that way i can let those who don't watch it in French if anything interesting was said about our skaters.

Honestly, I am a bit less excited than a week ago with all the bad news but once it gets started, there is no looking back :)
Lajoie/Lagha missing is especially tough.

But I remind myself that I'm looking very forward to seeing Piper and Paul, Deanna and Max, Lia and Trennt. I have everything crossed that Maddie will finally put together two killer programs and that Roman will step up. Still plenty to look forward to.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Lajoie/Lagha missing is especially tough.

But I remind myself that I'm looking very forward to seeing Piper and Paul, Deanna and Max, Lia and Trennt. I have everything crossed that Maddie will finally put together two killer programs and that Roman will step up. Still plenty to look forward to.
Don't forget my son !!!! ;)