Worlds 2014_Russian sweep possible? | Golden Skate

Worlds 2014_Russian sweep possible?

skateluvr

Record Breaker
With the mass exit of big 3, akiko, kanako, iffy gold and wags post olys, could Russian teens sweep?

What order and why? ty.

Cherryy

On the Ice
Probably not, because only 2 russians can go to worlds and Olympics, right? Or am I mistaken?

skateluvr

Record Breaker
I am asking for answer too. If they have combined placement of? they will get a 3rd world spot this year? I hope they get it back asap-so many good girls.

AllYouDoIsTalk

Match Penalty
Umm, I'll go with Radionova for gold (she's age eligible, right?). For silver, umm....Certainly not Lipnitskaya, she won't compete (still recovering from a sore neck stemming from Olympic gold medalitis), umm maybe Tuk (a fighter, that one-- the Rocky of ladies figure skating; always up for a bit of redemption after a horrible showing at home Olympics) for silver. For bronze, umm...Agnes Zadwaski (sp?)-- she's quarter-Russian, right? Yeah, her.

seniorita

Record Breaker
Radionova is not eligible this year for Worlds and ladies have two spots there.

Barb

Record Breaker
I thinks when skaters speak about retire they are considering worlds like their last competition, specially japanese skaters because worlds 2014 is in Japan

FSGMT

Record Breaker
No, this is NOT possible, simply because Russia has two Ladies spots... And Caro has already confimed that as long as she's healthy she will compete there ;)

Shayuki

Record Breaker
Not possible, for obvious reasons(2 spots).

As for the next WC, They will very likely have 3 spots and Radionova elogible so it already is quite possible, though not super likely. 2016 should be the year where this is the most likely because Russia will have boatloads of extremely good 15-year-olds eligible for that WC.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
When I read the title I was like are you crazy there is no way russia could win men's (probably because Plushy if he skates would only do olympics), women's too junior or young, dance even if D and W retired with V and M after oly's B and S or I and K would have to beat the Italians, the Second Canadians and Americans and the French who would want to seize the day. yes, in pairs they would have a good chance if V and T continued. But as we know it is impossible for aladies sweep and they have bigger problems - can they regain three spots. it took the usa quite a while to regain three spots.

Srin Odessa

On the Ice
It's likely that several of the Japanese ladies will compete at Worlds 2014. If not from JSF pressure to compete at a domestic competition, then from pressure to help maintain three spots for the next generation.

koatcue

Medalist
Country
Russia
I think Julia could medal. Not a sweep 4 sure) I hope we get 3 spots though

pangtongfan

Match Penalty
Caro being there hardly makes it impossible for Julia or Adelina to win.

Caro is a late season skater. She probably wont skate perfectly, but will be skating alot better than she is right now. So unless she gets a ton more consistency, Kostner is not losing to Sotnikova at Worlds. Julia is more of a threat though.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Julia should threaten for a medal, but if Kostner skates even reasonably well, she'll medal or even win. With the dropouts, Wagner actually has a shot at a World medal along with Gold.

kovarkovaelegant

Rinkside
It would be nice to see Wagner get a medal or even the gold at the 2014 Worlds. Who all is going. I am guessing both Kim and Asada wont go.

kovarkovaelegant

Rinkside
Asada probably WILL go - it will be in Japan

I think she said Sochi will be her last competition. I don't see her having the emotional energy to go after Sochi which will be very emotional for her, win or lose. She has competed at Worlds at home before, so it is not like it would be a super new experience for her.

kovarkovaelegant

Rinkside
Caro being there hardly makes it impossible for Julia or Adelina to win.

Caro is overrated. She is so inconsistent that anyone can beat her at any moment. She has some finishes like 11th and 15th in major events during her prime, yet people talk about her like a medal lock. It makes no sense. I hope she medals in Sochi though after a long career near the top, but I wouldn't bet on it. Kim and Asada are the only locks for medals in Sochi Games.