Worlds online | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Worlds online

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
The only thing I can't believe is that they're showing arm wrestling instead of the ladies freeskate on Saturday!!! I really hope that changes! There's really *very* little coverage of the ladies free right now.

True. Eurosport is very unpredictable. Sometimes yeees :clap:(I remember Washington 2003 watching ladies' free at 2-3 am with happy tired eyes) and sometimes nooooo :banging:(snooker and tennis games going on forever stealing time from figure skating)

Buttercup

Record Breaker
The Eurosport UK TV schedule is on the website but only two weeks ahead each time. At this point, that means only a schedule for the 24th; they appear to have the compulsory dance starting at 20:00 UK time. I think the first half and part of the second half of the men's and ladies' SPs will be evening/not too late night, as well as the OD. The final groups in pairs (SP and LP) and dance (FD) will be in the early morning rather than middle of the night for most of us at or around CET.

LA is already on daylight savings time, so that narrows the time difference for anyone still on standard time - good for early events, not so good for the later stuff.

But - the late night/early morning times means whatever coverage they are planning is less likely to be preempted by evil things like snooker. Let's hope so!

Alicja

On the Ice
Complete Eurosport schedule as of today is the following:

March 24th

21:00 - 01:00 CD live

March 25th

10:00 - 12:30 Pairs SP
14:30 - 16:00 CD
16:00 - 18:00 Pairs SP
21:45 - 01:00 Men SP live

March 26th

10:00 - 12:30 Pairs LP
12:30 - 13:45 Men SP
16:45 - 18:00 Pairs LP
21:45 - 0:45 OD live

March 27th

10:00 - 12:30 Men FS
12:30 - 13:15 OD
15:45 - 18:00 Men FS
21:45 - 01:30 Ladies SP live

March 28th

09:30 - 11:00 FD
15:00 - 16:30 FD or 21:40 - 23:00

March 29th

19:30 - 21:00 Ladies LP
23:00 - 01:30 Gala live

(all times CET)

Last edited:

rosee

On the Ice
Theses times are GTM right? it's just not gonna be possible for me to watch anything live! Things start like at 1am and finish at 5am...I'm sleeping during that time! I'll have to check the results in the morning.

Dodhiyel

Final Flight
The Eurosport UK [
....less likely to be preempted by evil things like snooker....

:laugh:

You can tell how desperately some of us love figure skating from an expression like "evil things like snooker" lol .

Thanks, Buttercup. A laugh is what we need right now. ;)

Over at the Stars on Ice website, they have a poll asking if and where one will be watching Worlds on TV. I did not notice a space for real feedback, though, so I fear that my vote for NBC will give them the impression that I care only for ladies' skating, when in actuality, it is the men's skating which I am the most curious to see.

In business, there are three things that matter the most: know your demographic, know your demographic, know your demographic. In the figure skating business world, they don't seem to...maybe some day in the far-flung future, they will. I can dream...

rosee

On the Ice
I'm seriously depressed! I won't be able to watch anything, neither live nor taped. It's all during school. I can't believe I'm gonna waste two hours in a Philosophy class when I could be watching the FD live.
1795 suggested to postpone the event until Delshoes are ready. I want to postpone the event until my holidays :cry:

irinas

Rinkside
Here is the official coverage of Turkish TV Channel TRT3;

Wednesday

03:50 Dünya Artistik Patinaj Şampiyonası "Çiftler Kısa Program" - Pairs' - Short Program [ LIVE ]

14:00 Dünya Artistik Patinaj Şampiyonası"Çiftler Kısa Program" - Pairs' Short Program - [ Repetition ]

17:50 Dünya Artistik Patinaj Şampiyonası"Erkekler Kısa Program" - Men's Short Program First Half [ LIVE ]

22:30 Dünya Artistik Patinaj Şampiyonası"Erkekler Kısa Program" - Men's Short Program Second Half [ LIVE ]

Thursday

03:45 Dünya Artistik Patinaj Şampiyonası"Çiftler Serbest Program" - Pairs' Free Program [ LIVE ]

21:20 Dünya Artistik Patinaj Şampiyonası"Buz Dansı Orjinal Prog." - Ice Dance Original Dance [ PROBABLY LIVE ]

Friday

02:25 Dünya Artistik Patinaj Şampiyonası"Erkekler Serbest Program" - Men's Free Program [ LIVE ]

17:35 Dünya Artistik Patinaj Şampiyonası"Bayanlar Kısa Program" - Ladies' Short Program First Half [ LIVE ]

22:20 Dünya Artistik Patinaj Şampiyonası"Bayanlar Kısa Program" - Ladies' Short Program Second Half [ LIVE ]

Saturday

03:20 Dünya Artistik Patinaj Şampiyonası"Buz Dansı Serbest Program" - Ice Dance Free Dance [ LIVE ]

15:00 Dünya Artistik Patinaj Şampiyonası"Buz Dansı Serbest Program" - Ice Dance Free Dance [ Repetition ]

Sunday

00:50 Dünya Artistik Patinaj Şampiyonası"Bayanlar Serbest Program" - Ladies! Free Program [ LIVE ]

That's what has been published so far.

In Turkey's time zone !

Last edited:

herios

Medalist
I mentioned before here, on Quebec CBC on line site:

http://www.radio-canada.ca/sports/patinage/

worlds will be featured and could be captured outside Canada as well. Here is the full schedule:

Mardi 24 mars 2009

16 H 00 Patinage artistique - Mondiaux de Los Angeles - Danse imposée

21 H 00 Patinage artistique - Mondiaux de Los Angeles - Cérémonie d'ouverture

22 H 00 Patinage artistique - Mondiaux de Los Angeles - Couples, programme court

Mercredi 25 mars 2009

12 H 00 Patinage artistique - Mondiaux de Los Angeles - Hommes, programme court

22 H 00 Patinage artistique - Mondiaux de Los Angeles - Couples, programme long

Jeudi 26 mars 2009

15 H 30 Patinage artistique - Mondiaux de Los Angeles - Danse originale

20 H 30 Patinage artistique - Mondiaux de Los Angeles - Hommes, programme long

Vendredi 27 mars 2009

21 H 30 Patinage artistique - Mondiaux de Los Angeles - Danse originale

11 H 30

Samedi 28 mars 2009

19 H 00 Patinage artistique - Mondiaux de Los Angeles - Femmes, programme long

Dimanche 29 mars 2009

17 H 00 Patinage artistique - Mondiaux de Los Angeles - Gala

Dodhiyel

Final Flight
Thank you both so much, irinas and herios; you have done a big service for a lot of people. :clap:

figuristka

Medalist
Thanks for the info

If there is anyone who knows Finnish can they tell me when the Worlds will be shown here in finland. I tried looking up the tv guide but cannot figure it out. I unfortunately don't get eurosports anymore since they made a pay extra channel.

figuristka

Medalist
I think i see the word skating in finnish on the Urheilukanava channel. If someone could help post the times for the skating i could use the help as its harder to read the different events.

Daniel5555

On the Ice
Can someone actually see the stream from Radio-Canada.ca?
I just tried it several times and it's doesn't work. But I watched 4CC there...

Anyway I'm planning to watch ladies at Spanish TV, but I want to know if someone can see that stream outside Canada/US.

figuristka

Medalist
I just tried it . It played an Ad but then just stays black and says waiting.Worked for me for 4cc too.

Engwaciriel

On the Ice
i've been watching french eurosport on tvants, really good quality! there's also french eurosport on justin.tv, think the channel was called moopiepie or something like that..

if u have JLC tv the czech channel ct4 is also showing some skating (superb quality when it works!)