Xiaoyu Yu & Yang Jin | Page 7 | Golden Skate

Xiaoyu Yu & Yang Jin

billyspark

Rinkside
I was in the Pairs medal ceremony. I wondered if Xiaoyu spoke Japanese at the end of the medal ceremony. Am I right? I can speak Japanese but I was too far from her to understand what exactly she said...

solar

I got cat class and I got cat style
Medalist
Country
United-States
I was in the Pairs medal ceremony. I wondered if Xiaoyu spoke Japanese at the end of the medal ceremony. Am I right? I can speak Japanese but I was too far from her to understand what exactly she said...

She was speaking Japanese! I wasn't able to hear her clearly in the video I was watching though. When they were at the NHK trophy, she also did interviews in Japanese

s_parks

Record Breaker
Devastated for Yu/Jin. The Chinese fed has sped past the French and Korean in screwing over their own skaters. But, what can be done but for Y/J to simply improve and skate better- they're basically getting the same treatment Sui/Han got before their world medal.

s_parks

Record Breaker
Is this Yao Bin's influence? Ughhh

Probably, and the people who are under him. I can see that Zhao is trying to make things as fair as possible, bit as long as those older officials stick around things will stay screwed up.

Lota

Record Breaker
Sorry if this is a silly question but what happened?

Long story short, there was a test skate for the top 4 Chinese teams this week to decide which 3 were going to Worlds. Despite being clean (at least in the LP, haven't seen the SP yet) Yu/Jin got kicked off the team. You can see the videos and more on the Chinese teams in general HERE.

I personally am very surprised (and sad :cry: ). I had an inkling that if Peng/Zhang were healthy, they would be sent to Worlds and, despite some mistakes, their LP was strong. But I always thought that Wang/Wang would be kicked off. I like them too, but at least for me they have the least scoring potential in the whole team, at least less than Yu/Jin do. So that's why this decision comes as a huge surprise. I hope Yu/Jin stay strong and meet the next season with all guns blazing :dev2:

Last edited:

Sunny Little

On the Ice
Long story short, there was a test skate for the top 4 Chinese teams this week to decide which 3 were going to Worlds. Despite being clean (at least in the LP, haven't seen the SP yet) Yu/Jin got kicked off the team. You can see the videos and more on the Chinese teams in general HERE.

I personally am very surprised (and sad :cry: ). I had an inkling that if Peng/Zhang were healthy, they would be sent to Worlds and, despite some mistakes, their LP was strong. But I always thought that Wang/Wang would be kicked off. I like them too, but at least for me they have the least scoring potential in the whole team, at least less than Yu/Jin do. So that's why this decision comes as a huge surprise. I hope Yu/Jin stay strong and meet the next season with all guns blazing :dev2:

Thanks for explaining to me. That is just terrible decision-making by the Chinese fed. Based on the performances of the four pairs throughout the season, I really thought Sui/Han and Yu/Jin are guaranteed a spot on the world team. Seriously, didn't Yu/Jin medal at both their GP events AND 4CC? What else must this young team achieve to make that world team? :scratch2: I only started following pairs this season, so I don't really understand how and why such a decision was made by the fed. :gaah:

Good luck to Wang/Wang and Peng/Zhang though. I like them too but I like Yu/Jin just a tad bit more. I hope that they come back strong next season with great programs, blow everyone's socks off and win all the medals. :angry1:

yyyskate

Record Breaker
extremely sad about this decision. this is my last chance to watch "Humanity and Love" live and watch Xiaoyu Yu and Yang Jin in person.
They will for sure retire their programs next season, and I dont know and not sure when will they visit US again.
:cry::sad21:
utterly SAD....:sad21:

solar

I got cat class and I got cat style
Medalist
Country
United-States
How unfortunate, I was really looking forward to seeing Yu/Jin at worlds. I'm upset they're not able took, especially since they were off the team last year too. After making the Grand Prix final twice. :sad21:

eta

Medalist
Just found out :cry:

Why?! They've been scoring higher than both Peng/Zhang and Wang/Wang this season :confused:

ginsengtea

Rinkside
I think I'm most sad at the fact that all season they had no reason to think that they weren't going to be at Worlds, especially after what happened the season before where Pang/Tong made a surprise comeback and suddenly they were off the team. They'd established themselves as Chinese #2 this season, beaten both Wang/Wang and Peng/Zhang, and while there was injury on her part they maintained some very decent results. The fact that the Chinese fed waited until the last minute to have one event that determined the final roster was clearly just because they were hoping that Hao Zhang would recover in time. It was an excuse to put P/Z on the team regardless of how they looked or how messily they skated and that's upsetting. That Y/J weren't far behind after the short and skated a clean long while P/Z made serious mistakes and were held up by domestic judging doesn't help either.

Y/J have won multiple GP medals, made GPF twice, and proven themselves over and over again this season and the last. It's ridiculous.

They're such a talented team with a load of potential. I hate to see them constantly being screwed over by their federation.

Last edited: