You be the interviewer | Golden Skate

You be the interviewer

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
ABC/ESPN and a host of different reporters get our snarky comments throughout the year because they either ask stupid questions (the same ones) every year, or because they ask very insensitive ones...

so what questions would YOU ask in a sit down interview?

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
I would like to ask a skater if they were not in the competition who would they want to win it and why.

For specific skaters....
Kwan - What would it take for you to go pro?

Cohen - If you could choose one which would it be an OGM or Oscar?

Slutskaya - Are the comments attributed to you about how you dislike the U.S. true and if so do you feel like a hypocrite for benefitting from something that you dislike so much?

Kimmie - First of all may I please call you Kim or Kimberly and would you please ask everyone else to? Which would you choose if you could pick one. Kwans record and status in the sport? Cohen's flexibility? Hughes I's OGM, short time in the sport, and Yale education? OR Lipinski's OGM, pro career and career ending injury?

Johnny W. - What color of boa... I mean scarf would look best with these pumps?:biggrin:

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Piel said:
Johnny W. - What color of boa... I mean scarf would look best with these pumps?
Piel, :laugh: :laugh: oh and................How is Camille doing??

Dee

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Great Idea, but I am reluctant to do the job of these so called journalists for them. The point is real necessary though.

First I would like to interview Johnny;
"Is there anyone that you want to spend your off time with that you have no way of contacting outside of this interview - throw off - I mean, who's attention would you like to bring to the sport? Anyone person in particular? Do you hold any animosity toward the USA, or is it just a way of trying to bring the world together - "what?" - the way that you don't really promote America so much as Russia. Is this just a fascination or do you really think that America is just a country you are from but don't support? Nothing wrong with that, be who you want, but some are confused about were you stand in the next step passed Johnny Weir? - who's got your back? How valid do you think that it is to say you felt like your bio-rhythms were off or down? Wouldn't you have know that going into the 2006 Oly games?

Second Irina, but I think all I would be able to do is sit there saying "your are so inspirational, I don't care if you like what others do or not. You are a champion and a perfect example of having a superior athletic desire no matter what place you find yourself standing on the podium. For whatever reason you do what you do, I wish others including myself could do it with such an admirable amount of power. You are a artist and should be respected! The most fitting example of what having heart is."
Yah, maybe I shouldn't interview her.

So outside of the fact I would love to sit down and talk to all of the figure skaters in the public eye, alas I must confess. The one I would love to talk to more than any,
Fumie !!!!!, "what could we do to bring the beauty back to figure skating? What do you think of a real time score board for technical componits? Were is the new scouring system taking us? Should countries even matter anymore, or could we just go to a competition of skating clubs? Should viewers be able to enjoy the performances as they do when watching live, no commintary? Do you feel like the artistic is fading in importance to the FS community, being replaced by the tech points - making it more like gymnastics or other component sports? What do you wish for you little sister, Chika? Since MK was your biggest inspiration, what is she inspiring you to do today? How important do you think the money "in pocket" is to the money spent to keep the sport funded is? Is the JC going to "fire" Miki's coach like they did yours? Do you like Manga? Did you like the Cherry Project and any of Sailor Moon? "....a bllaaaa blaaa blaaa, I could talk to her for days, years, forever. Just let me see that smile and I will talk or shut up by the look of her eyes, i kokoro den kokoro ????, uketoru ????!!!! Oh well, meow:love: :love: :love: . Now you know and I do believe she will be a face the world will see when it comes to FS in the future. I least that is my feeling.

Maybe a little off topic but not really. Good point really, I guess I didn't do it justice.

Last edited:

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
MKFSfan said:
What does this mean? When was Fumie "fired"???
Sorry, I should have said your coach and fire Miki's. I was kinda surprised to see that I wrote that.

Speaking of Sailor Moon, whatever happened to our Golden Skate stallwart "SailorGalaxia?"

He/she used to post all those cool play-by-plays of events that weren't televised.

Okami, welcome to the forum. Post often, post long!

MM :)

Last edited:

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Mathman said:
Speaking of Sailor Moon, whatever happened to our Golden Skate stallwart "SailorGalaxia?"
He/she used to post all those cool play-by-plays of events that weren't televised.

Okami, welcome to the forum. Post often, post long!
MM :)
Math, if I remember correctly (which may not be the case :laugh: ) didn't he/she go to the Olympics?? Maybe he/she is still in Torino, :laugh: :laugh:

Dee

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Piel said:
Kimmie - First of all may I please call you Kim or Kimberly and would you please ask everyone else to?
Piel, then they would have to change KImmie Street to Kimberly Boulevard or Plaza, just sounds better, :laugh: :laugh:

Dee

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Well now that I know there is a fan of SM and CP - maybe. I can't resist posting a couple links for you to be reminded or see some great manga of ice skating.
http://www.hwbhost.com/images/asakura1.jpg
http://www.hwbhost.com/images/cherry1.jpg
http://www.hwbhost.com/images/cpcast01.jpg
http://www.hwbhost.com/images/omj1.jpg

And If you have not already - my signature is a little movie clip (mpg is the only one that downloads the whole clip) of Lita, aka. Sailor Jupiter, ice skating and of course her hard luck life of romance, falling for the wrong guy. I love feedback negative or positive:agree:
- Naoko, - http://www.hwbhost.com/images/naoko.jpg - I hope you downt mind, I know Trent doesn't.

Where is this SailorGalaxia? I would love to know about these untelevised events too.

Does anyone know the best place to get TV broadcast listings?:frown: - I haven't found one that really gets them all.:cry:

Oh and to get back on topic for the board I would ask any FS what if any, types of natural supplements they take?

Last edited:

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
I notice Dee really doesn't appear to like the name Kimmie so much, I love it! I would ask her to keep it, that would be like Peggy going by Peg IMO.

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
Kimmie's fine.... until you're twelve. I know lot's of adult women named Peggy but no adults called Kimmie. Julia Sugarbaker (Dixie Carter) once said somthing about how strange it's going to be when the Tiffanys and Brittanys are 70 and sitting on the front porch yelling after their grandchildren in the yard.:biggrin:

Piel said:
...how strange it's going to be when the Tiffanys and Brittanys are 70 and sitting on the front porch yelling after their grandchildren in the yard.:biggrin:
"Hey, Dakota! Come here, Cheyenne! Time for dinner, Madison!"

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Piel said:
Kimmie's fine.... until you're twelve. I know lot's of adult women named Peggy but no adults called Kimmie. Julia Sugarbaker (Dixie Carter) once said somthing about how strange it's going to be when the Tiffanys and Brittanys are 70 and sitting on the front porch yelling after their grandchildren in the yard.:biggrin:

I currently know 2 Kimmies over 30 and one speaks 7 languages, I went to elementary with a Kim. I guess it is a matter of opinion. Best left up to the Kims, Kimberlys and Kimmies. I just thought it was interesting how that keeps getting brought up by the same poster, fine and dandy, just interesting. ?:scratch:

BTW, what else do you call a Brittny, Britannia?

Back on topic, I would like to asks Sasha how she got her cat Fluffy, I think I heard it was a fan that gave it to her. And if so, did that kinda spook her out getting a live animal from a fan? But if it isn't true, I guess that is moot.

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
seanibu said:
I just thought it was interesting how that keeps getting brought up by the same poster, fine and dandy, just interesting. ?:scratch:
I didn't bring it up-----Piel did it, Piel did it!!! Sean, just so you know.

Signed by,

DeeDee :laugh: :laugh:

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
seanibu said:
BTW, what else do you call a Brittny, Britannia?

Well, since you asked, LOL. IMO when choosing a child's name I think you should consider any nicknames that name name might have and how it will sound at different stages in the person's life. Piel's rule is never name a child something unless it sounds right with CEO after it.:biggrin: Of course my niece, Danielle tells me that when all of the Brittanys and Tiffanys are grown all CEOs will be named things like Brittany and Tiffany.

Piel who's real name is Patti (not Patricia)and has never forgiven her mother for that.

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Slow day at work for me.

Sorry I got the originator of the Kimmie should go by Kim, wrong, I think that these are not the only ones saying it anyway. Its fine, Plus, coming from someone who is called seanibu (rather cutesy and childish) it really doesn't matter all that much to me anyway - it is just my name, not defining anything but a designation that I know is referring to me, and there are tons of Seans around. Tell you the truth I really should have just left it my brain as to "wonder why that person doesn't like that name for her," or if it should be a concern. That is funny that you bring up the CEO thing, Kimmie and Sean are to names of the VPs at my employment - Kimmie makes $5 dollars a minute based on a 40 hour week. That makes me wonder why people get hung up on the little things in life. I don't know if it is able to come up on Google or if you ever get commercials for Massa Auto Pawn, but the lady featured in the commercials Name is Kimmie (the one who speaks 7 different Languages). A different example are the Arquette girls, they did not want to be called Rosie and Patty so the made that clear and are not referred to as such. So really the question is how much does it really matter, that a lady (who just recently died, friend of the family, age 92) went by Lucy and not Lucille. First thing I think of is the peanuts character, but only when I don't think of her. Anyway, hope I didn't offend - just was couious if I need to send an email to the VP of marketing and tell them to change their name or they will never make CEO:rofl:

I am just funn'n, please don't take me as being snide. I don't mean it as so.:biggrin: