young teen trapped in car at school dies from heat | Golden Skate

young teen trapped in car at school dies from heat

Johar

Medalist
I found this from an updated, more detailed article:

'It appears there may be a defective locking system on the car but we are still need to do further tests to determine if that's true and correct,' Madera police detective Sgt. Robert Salas said.

Detectives also discovered that the horn does not work if there is no key is in the ignition.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...d-Madera-California-school.html#ixzz2esPO2vjh
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Johar, I have a Honda and there are a couple of ways to program the locking system. I don't care for the one I have right now which is you can't open the door unless the car is in "Park." It's kind of like the child safety locks on the back doors. I have found a couple of ways to get around it. The option I want is to when I put the car in reverse it locks the door, but you can open anytime you want.

The family and young girl may not have known that you take the key and push the unlock and it opens the door. After reading this I need to get that programmed differently.

What kind of cockamamie idea is it to have a car where you need to turn the ignition to honk the horn? What dingbat auto designer worked that one out? My God, if an ignorant parent leaves a young child in a car (not an uncommon occurrence), and the vehicle starts to heat up or roll down a hill, it would save the kid's life to be able to honk for attention. On the other hand, what possible advantage is it to anyone in any situation for a horn to be protected from use?

Johar

Medalist
I bet her brother feels terrible; he was the one who drove his 14-year-old sister to school.

All these child-safety features and other "safety" features are a PITA. Not surprised this hasn't happened before now. I fear I will burn to death in an accident if I can't get mny door open because of these features.

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I fear I wull burn to death in an accident if I can't get mny door open because of these features.

Actually, I read a story that someone drowned because of the doors. I don't remember the particulars but the car went into the water and the person couldn't open the door to get out.