Your favorite sport(s) besides figure skating? | Golden Skate

Your favorite sport(s) besides figure skating?

icewhite

Record Breaker
Road cycling. Sports climbing (lead).
I also watch other sports, mostly Olympic sports like athletics, horseback riding, but only at some big events here and there, not really following the sports.
There are always times when I follow one sport more and then I do not really look at it for years other than at maybe the Olympics and WC. Currently I do not watch any soccer, although I actually find it a very interesting sport. Just no players I'm currently interested in and too much money, sports washing, weird lifestyles going on. But that would likely be my number 3.
Oh, and sometimes I watch biathlon, but mostly because it's on all the time in winter in Germany.

TT_Fin

The second worst besserwisser in the world
Record Breaker
Country
Finland
I watch occasionally quite many when there are some big competitions going on. Biathlon, climbing, track and field and swimming are the favourites, maybe. From these track and field I can buy tickets go to watch at place if possible, also local competitions. I am a weird Finn, I don't care so much about hockey.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Curling, track and field, short track speed skating (assuming speed skating was for long track here)
Interesting to see tennis favoured by so many users because 1) I am a huge fan of tennis 2) but Olympic tennis is not the same at all... and I dislike most of it :) :)

Thanks for the poll. Always fun to see different answers.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Sad you didn't include American football, basketball, or baseball as well. Lol.
It's not explicitly said in the title of the OP poll per se but there is a mention about other olympic sports in the forum where we can answer specified olympic sports

Arwen17

Final Flight
You should have artistic gymnastics and rhythmic gymnastics on there separately. And you should add ballet and irish step dance just because lol. And probably add stuff like artistic roller skating and artistic swimming. Horseback events would probably be pretty popular too.
Figure skating isn't the only artistic sport activity.

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
What a strange selection of options. Apart from tennis, none of the six mainstream sports (football, rugby, tennis, cricket, golf, horse racing) are even there.

That said, I wouldn't be picking any of them anyway!

My Top 3 would be:

1. motorbike racing
  2. car racing
  3. snooker

But, if it was a combined motorsports option, then my third option would probably be netball.

CaroLiza_fan

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
You should have artistic gymnastics and rhythmic gymnastics on there separately. And you should add ballet and irish step dance just because lol. And probably add stuff like artistic roller skating and artistic swimming. Horseback events would probably be pretty popular too.
Figure skating isn't the only artistic sport activity.
poll is about olympic sports not artistic sport activity nor motorized sport :slink:

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Biathlon is missing, that would be my pick :biggrin:

There are a lot of ski sports missing. And mostly Nordic disciplines at that. For example:

• Cross-Country Skiing
  • Nordic Combined
  • Biathlon

But, if it was a combined motorsports option, then my third option would probably be netball.

Actually let me revise that. Ski Jumping would be my third choice. But, of sports that aren't there, it would probably be between biathlon and netball.

CaroLiza_fan

Clairecz

On the Ice
Country
Czech-Republic
Football (soccer), biathlon and track and field.
(And then also climbing (lead), ski jumping, cycling (both road and track) and artistic gymnastics.)
I certainly watch more biathlon than figure skating now.