Yulia Lipnitskaya | Page 100 | Golden Skate

Yulia Lipnitskaya

papa

Match Penalty
Beautiful words by Ilya, about Yulia and her programs. :)

Thanks to quiqie for the translation: From Russia with love [#14]: Summer to Autumn 2014

an extract:

«I hope that fans out there will hear me: please don't wait for anything extraordinary from Yulia this year, don't blame her if something doesn't go well or, on the contrary, don't praise her too much. Yulia works hard, she learned new spiral positions, new spin entries, new spin positions, new jump combinations. She does pretty difficult jump combinations at practices, and she is quite determined"

"in the beginning of her short program Yulia lets go of the kite. The kite symbolizes her dreams, like a guardian angel saving her from mistakes. Then she goes to the big city, the megapolis, but she still looks up from time to time, searching for the kite — as a sign that she haven't forgotten her dreams."
http://thegirlinredcoat.tumblr.com/post/97172380781/kite

[The free] it's Juiet without Romeo, there will be confusion, but I tried to avoid suffering, drama, poisoning and death. No one is going to die on the ice. In the end, Yulia again will cover her face with her hand, in analogy to the curtain falling."
http://33.media.tumblr.com/f2cdd8e95f4dcd9606583b71f619d675/tumblr_nbrlom803e1tuatvvo1_500.gif

Looks like Ilya is a spokesperson for team Yulia, he said what many of us were saying here before: nobody expect miracles this year, just to watch Yulia skating, enjoying it and having fun. :)
The whole story of program preparations this season will be worth of listening though - maybe next summer we will know all the drama...:rolleye:

sjid

Final Flight
I think we already have a miracle in the SP. It is a great achievement even now. Anywhere you stop the picture you see her body shaped by the music. Fantastic shapes. It is violent, it is serene, even the most difficult elements blend obediently into music. Where is the judge who can properly reward this?

But must they call the soul a kite, even for visual purposes?

sjid

Final Flight
Sam, A few pages back you were asking for names of skaters who portray themselves. Yulia in Megapolis is an example. Yulia's Olympic dream proved to be elusive but she continues to work toward it despite all the turmoil around her.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Sam, A few pages back you were asking for names of skaters who portray themselves. Yulia in Megapolis is an example. Yulia's Olympic dream proved to be elusive but she continues to work toward it despite all the turmoil around her.

I was thinking about that today. The exact same thought.

I thought about her move to Moscow and how she still from time to time searches for that girl she once was in the Ural Mountains and the dreams she once had.

Someone put this together on her fan page. It might be photoshopped but it definitely looks the part.
https://pp.vk.me/c540109/c7007/v7007816/154ec/Ft8cZk53Ic4.jpg

darazam

On the Ice
Someone put this together on her fan page. It might be photoshopped but it definitely looks the part.

:love:

Text at the picture:
But, soft! what light through yonder window breaks?
It is the east, and Juliet is the sun.
Arise, fair sun, and kill the envious moon,
Who is already sick and pale with grief,
That thou her maid art far more fair than she:
Be not her maid, since she is envious

Scott512

Record Breaker
Because the flowers are mostly from the RFed, remember it's not a competition only a few real fans of different athletes were there. I'm not worried about that because when Yulia starts skating at competitions she'll have the public on her side again. SHe's got this natural gift to draw people towards her no matter of their age sometimes despite their own wishes.
I agree. Yulia has good looks and is very fragile so some people root for her because of that.

sjid

Final Flight
I was thinking about that today. The exact same thought.

I thought about her move to Moscow and how she still from time to time searches for that girl she once was in the Ural Mountains and the dreams she once had.

Never underestimate the formative power of a grandmother when combined with Mother Nature.

Alba

Record Breaker
There is an interview of Moskvina translated by TAHbKA on FSU: From Russia with love [#14]: Summer to Autumn 2014

Question: How would you describe Yulia Lipnitskaya?

Tamara Moskvina: She doesn't need my descriptions, it's enough checking her last season results. She is the best skater in the world, who showed her best in the most difficult competition, raised the interest in figure skating with her flawless light skating. She did a lot for figure skating.

:) :thumbsup:

papa

Match Penalty
Question: How would you describe Yulia Lipnitskaya?

Tamara Moskvina: She doesn't need my descriptions, it's enough checking her last season results. She is the best skater in the world, who showed her best in the most difficult competition, raised the interest in figure skating with her flawless light skating. She did a lot for figure skating. :) :thumbsup:
Last sentence is maybe the most important.
You can dislike or even hate Yulia, but you can't deny this.

(By the way - I am a living proof of this statement. :laugh::agree:)

starlight97

Final Flight

YES
My friend told me to look at figure skating on YouTube because apparently it has some similarities with Rhythmic gymnastics (what I'm doing).
The first vid that came up was Yuna's Vancouver performance. I thought wow what a beautiful skater and what a beautiful sport. I was about to close the page and then I saw a little girl in a red coat (immediately thought of SL cause this is one of my favorite movies) and thought. . Huh? What's that?

The second vid was Yulia at skate Canada. I watched it and thought
"WOW. Who is this girl?!"
And from then on I was sold. I watched all of her videos on that evening and fell in love with the sport because of her.

waterskiiiepic123

On the Ice

Me too, although I was a fan of figure skating since Witt times but after Yagudin I've stoped watching single skating for years and now Yulia brought me back,lol! I've never thought that at my age I can root for someone so strongly I must confess that my Yulia's obsession is getting pretty strong! The fact that she's finally chosen her LP was on the sport TV news in Russia,, that has never happened before(I read it on a Russian site).:laugh:

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Yulia posted this on her fan page today.

Yulia Lipnitskaya
Today at 12:05 pm
Attention! I broke all the accounts, including the long abandoned by Sprashivay.ru and other ...... All mail, VC, instagram ... Please do not send me messages in a personal and apologize in advance for any misunderstandings! For yet, there are idiots who do not live in peace.

Here it is in Russian
Yulia Lipnitskaya
Today at 12:05 pm
Внимание! У меня взломали ВСЕ аккаунты, включая давно заброшенные на Спрашивай.ру и прочие......Все почты, ВК, инстаграм...Пожалуйста, не присылайте мне сообщения в личку и заранее извините за возможные недоразумения! К сожелению, есть идиоты, которым не живётся спокойно.

MalAssada

Medalist
I wonder what kind of idiots she is talking about, I've never heard of Yulia calling anyone an "idiot" or even losing her temper :slink:

Alba

Record Breaker
I wonder what kind of idiots she is talking about, I've never heard of Yulia calling anyone an "idiot" or even losing her temper :slink:

I think she is talking about the kind of idiots who hacked her accounts?
I think she was soft, by calling them just idiots. :biggrin: