Yulia Lipnitskaya | Page 149 | Golden Skate

Yulia Lipnitskaya

sjid

Final Flight
I slept thru it :biggrin: This is all she needed to do. She still seems to be having jump issues with her new boots and losing some good points because of it but I fully expect to see her continue to improve. It's amazing how competitive she still is even when she is off of her game. Most skaters would kill for a silver! When she gets back in top form she is going to light it up!!

Once this Romeo and Juliet is fully realized and performed to its potential its going to be something to see. :love:

I was thinking along these lines, Sam. They are taking the prudent approach, conservatively choosing elements despite the handicap on scoring. This performance is a huge improvement over very recent CofC. I sense they have been hashing things out to make expectations more in line with her challenges. Her disposition after the skate was much better than for similar situations in the past. She seems now more capable of accepting imperfect performances. This tolerance will go a long way in helping her progress, higher scores will come. I was really concerned after CofC, but the negative effects from those disappointments seem to have been talked and practiced away. She is back on the right path.

This video gives us a longer look at Eteri during Yulia's performance. http://vk.com/wall243068906_170 Thanks, sorenkay. She is riding on every movement. Yulia and Eteri are perfect for each other.

Last edited:

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
Her dress looked expensive. Omg the look she gave me was worth The ticket :love:

I was so excited when I saw you! I thought, please let Alba hand Julia the present directly! And then there you were :cheer:

starlight97

Final Flight
Her dress looked expensive. Omg the look she gave me was worth The ticket :love:

LUCKY YOU ALBA !!
We were all thinking about you and it was really great seeing "one of us" there in the audience!
I thought you were lucky to be there and that you would already be extra lucky if she received your present in the end, but that you could actually hand it to her in person. ..Yes!:cheer2:

I think we are all equally happy and envious :yes:

Alba

Record Breaker
I was so excited when I saw you! I thought, please let Alba hand Julia the present directly! And then there you were :cheer:

I was lucky with the seats. Not only I could see them skate perfectly from there but the entrance and exit of the skaters was right there.
The arena was small also therefore it was easy.

@ Meoima: Yes I did. Hope the quality is good as it looks. :)

@Snow: the most tender, innocent look and smile I've seen. :love: I couldn't do anything else but caressing her face. :love:

@Starlight: It really was beautiful seeing her in person. I feel much better now and it's really funny to read some of the "fantasy movies" that people do create based on I don't know what. :laugh:

Last edited:

FIREBIRD

On the Ice
It's great to see that Yuliya is getting back to her old self! I absolutely :love: her Juliet dress, so beautiful and mature! Even though she is still having difficulty with her jumps, she is easily winning silver medals. Once she starts landing her lutz and flips, and starts skating clean performances like she did the previous season, she will defiantly smoke any competition and go back to taking gold medals! :cheer2:

And Alba, it's so great that you actually met Yuliya! :shocked:

stryke

On the Ice
I was lucky with the seats. Not only I could see them skate perfectly from there but the entrance and exit of the skaters was right there. The arena was small also therefore it was easy. @ Meoima: Yes I did. Hope the quality is good as it looks. :). @Snow: the most tender, innocent look and smile I've seen. :love: I couldn't do anything else but caressing her face. :). @Starlight: It really was beautiful seeing her in person. I feel much better now and it's really funny to read some of the "fantasy movies" that people do create based on I don't know what. :laugh:

Wait so you actually met her? Like you went up and talked to her? To Yulia Lip just to confirm? I think I would have fainted or been really wobbly in the knees.

borzaya

Final Flight
That's so great that Yulia is coming to her normal self! :yes: :cheer: The results are pretty good for now, but as the season goes on, I'm sure she will be better and better! Go Yulia! :cheer2:

Alba, I'm so happy for you that you have seen Yulia in person! Lucky you! :thumbsup:

Meoima

Match Penalty
I was lucky with the seats. Not only I could see them skate perfectly from there but the entrance and exit of the skaters was right there. The arena was small also therefore it was easy. @ Meoima: Yes I did. Hope the quality is good as it looks. :). @Snow: the most tender, innocent look and smile I've seen. :love: I couldn't do anything else but caressing her face. :). @Starlight: It really was beautiful seeing her in person. I feel much better now and it's really funny to read some of the "fantasy movies" that people do create based on I don't know what. :laugh:
Alba, now that Yulia is in GPF, do you plan to go there as well?

Imagine

Medalist
Nice costume, it's not as iconic as Sasha's or even Yulia's own SL from last year, but it definitely looks nice on her...some color would have given it a bit more life. Anyway, I'm still skeptical regarding that cut of Romeo and Juliet but it's starting to come together for sure...I love the beginning and the ending but the middle part is kind of sluggish. Glad to see her smile again!

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Maybe her dress will be like last years SL red coat and she'll slowly add to it. I like the less flashy look myself and hope any changes are minimal.

Welcome aboard Fer :hb:

sjid

Final Flight
Yulia chooses costumes that tell us something about the character, as in Schiindler's List and Megapolis. Her R&J begins with Juliet awakening, before she discovers the love that will color her existence. This neutral costume is a symbol of her life before she feels the vibrant colors of love.

sjid

Final Flight
Yulia is very fast and light, that's where the PCS comes from. I'd love to see her skate to fairy music one day. Some Enya perhaps?

Meoima, The middle section of Yulia's R&J makes me think of fairy music, beginning at about a minute and 25 seconds into the piece. Here Juliet enters a magical world, the music is like the flickering of thousands of candles.

I am curious, does anyone know if this music is by Rota, or is it by another composer and inserted by Yulia? It doesn't sound like Rota. If she inserted it, it's a stroke of genius.

Isabel_O'Reilly

Final Flight
I was thinking along these lines, Sam. They are taking the prudent approach, conservatively choosing elements despite the handicap on scoring. This performance is a huge improvement over very recent CofC. I sense they have been hashing things out to make expectations more in line with her challenges. Her disposition after the skate was much better than for similar situations in the past. She seems now more capable of accepting imperfect performances. This tolerance will go a long way in helping her progress, higher scores will come. I was really concerned after CofC, but the negative effects from those disappointments seem to have been talked and practiced away. She is back on the right path.

This video gives us a longer look at Eteri during Yulia's performance. http://vk.com/wall243068906_170 Thanks, sorenkay. She is riding on every movement. Yulia and Eteri are perfect for each other.

Actually, it was the mistakes that made her score so low, with the full BV of her elements she would have been at 61 points(Elena's was 62.08 for comparison), with her usual GOE she would have easily cracked 70-71 points, also her PCS would have been higher and she could have easily challenged Elena for gold. I hope they don't needlessly change that layout too much but rather that Yulia be 100% confident again. I hope she will be confident enough to do harder triple-triple combinations, but all she needs to do is go clean and she can win no matter the layout.

I agree with you that she seems more able to handle imperfect skates and accept doing well even if it wasn't quite the result she wanted. Also I'm so happy she made the GPF.

Last edited: