Yuna Kim | Page 145 | Golden Skate

Yuna Kim

lbc2138

On the Ice
Really random and probably off-topic but couldn't find a better place to ask this question (if it already hasn't been answered)

With Yuna retiring, has she expressed interest in coaching? Does she already sort of give tips to her compatriots despite having to go against them this Olympic season? Would she be more willing to either coach or consult the Korean figure skaters now that she's officially retired from competition? She definitely opened the flood gates in terms of the popularity of the sport amongst Koreans and it would be wonderful to see other young skaters carry on not only Yuna's legacy but South Korea's standing in figure skating.

cooper

Medalist
Really random and probably off-topic but couldn't find a better place to ask this question (if it already hasn't been answered)

With Yuna retiring, has she expressed interest in coaching? Does she already sort of give tips to her compatriots despite having to go against them this Olympic season? Would she be more willing to either coach or consult the Korean figure skaters now that she's officially retired from competition? She definitely opened the flood gates in terms of the popularity of the sport amongst Koreans and it would be wonderful to see other young skaters carry on not only Yuna's legacy but South Korea's standing in figure skating.

in terms of coaching.. i read an article before that yuna said she won't be a good coach because she lacks patience that's why she will never be a coach.. as for her fellow koreans.. she said that she will continue to support korean skating (already is by funding) and promote figure skating in general as much as she can.. that's why she will continue to have an ice show every year.. i believe she's still training on the ice.. it may not be competitively but to be in good shape all the time.. that's why she will continue to train w/ them because they only have 1 ice rink..

cooper

Medalist
Sweet YuNa. Does anyone think YuNa could be a choreographer? She might not have the temperament for coaching but I think she might have it for choreography.

she was asked about that too.. and she said she won't be as good as david wilson.. so she will not try..

jimeonji

Final Flight
I'm a bit new to figure skating so I'm really not sure what forums/fansites there are for Yuna, but I was looking at some news from Korean sites today and discovered this article about what Brian Orser thinks about the ladies' results: http://www.hani.co.kr/arti/sports/sports_general/633442.html

I have a pretty good grasp of Korean for someone that's not Korean, so I understand the basic main idea of the article, but I wanted to know if there's any translation of the article (or if anyone here can translate it) so I can be sure of what it says. From what I understand, Orser said stuff about him expecting Mao to win OGM, for Yuna's and Carolina's scores for the short program to be higher, and more stuff? It also seems that it was a translation of a Japanese interview with Orser. Sorry if someone posted this already, but I checked back a few pages and it doesn't seem like anyone did. Thanks in advance for any answers!

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
I have been snooping around other forums and I found this link:

http://music.naver.com/promotion/specialContent.nhn?articleId=4798&pcWeb=true#

BAM! The webpage has the list of mp3 songs they're going to use plus some info about the skaters. It's surprising that they added Massot quickly though :think:

EDIT: The mp3 service only works in S. Korea (sadly) BUT at least we know which music the other skaters are using!

jimeonji

Final Flight
I have been snooping around other forums and I found this link:

http://music.naver.com/promotion/specialContent.nhn?articleId=4798&pcWeb=true#

BAM! The webpage has the list of mp3 songs they're going to use plus some info about the skaters. It's surprising that they added Massot quickly though :think:

EDIT: The mp3 service only works in S. Korea (sadly) BUT at least we know which music the other skaters are using!
thank you for the link!

Jinseo doing Growl... :popcorn:

ahy

Final Flight
Wow, SoYoun is the only korean(except Yuna - -)doing 2 programs, u go girl!!

ahy

Final Flight
Yuna attended a ceremony for her retirement commemorative medals
http://s29.postimg.org/ihg1v33qf/2774763_C535_E068_D2_B99_EA.jpg
http://s29.postimg.org/nhdi319d3/23695633535_E068_E265_E77.jpg
http://i2.media.daumcdn.net/svc/image/U03/news/201404/28/mk/20140428170908590.jpg
http://i2.media.daumcdn.net/svc/image/U03/news/201404/28/osen/20140428170305550.jpg

Thoughtful outfit, black dress + yellow ribbon and less makeup. No accessories.
All the proceeds of the coins will be donated to Korean fs at first but not they will be donated to the victims of the Sewol ferry tragedy.
She looks so sad and with reserved facial expressions.
She tweeted "Earnestly praying for a miracle to happen" a week ago.
Pray for South korea.

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
@jimeonji - you're welcome! Jin-seo's pick of EX music is quite interesting indeed....:laugh:

@ahy - hmm maybe the 'I dreamed a dream' program is SP? I kinda wish she would use Susan Boyle's version instead :eek:hwell: oh and thanks for the yuna pics. My condolences to all those who are affected by this tragedy. May the country find a way to smile again. :cry:

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
I really hope so! She might as well jump in the bandwagon of using lyrics :think: buuut if the program does end up as her next year's EX, then it's okay. My excitement for her programs (and for the other Korean skaters) will continue as usual.

ahy

Final Flight
I was so excited when So Youn got into top 10, i really hope she can gain confident from this and go up against the russians, but then she also had to improve her spins and step sequences. While her jumping technique is really great. Her puberty seemed over already. Ok, im going back to Yuna. She must be pleased with her and yea. I'm happy that Yuna may not be persuaded to go to 2017 wc to get tickets for sk...KSU better bring their acts together... it's so annoying to see them doing nothing while the skaters actually have an awful lot of potential... see how they did to yuna when she was young and maybe now as well. ..

s_parks

Record Breaker
I was so excited when So Youn got into top 10, i really hope she can gain confident from this and go up against the russians, but then she also had to improve her spins and step sequences. While her jumping technique is really great. Her puberty seemed over already. Ok, im going back to Yuna. She must be pleased with her and yea. I'm happy that Yuna may not be persuaded to go to 2017 wc to get tickets for sk...KSU better bring their acts together... it's so annoying to see them doing nothing while the skaters actually have an awful lot of potential... see how they did to yuna when she was young and maybe now as well. ..

I too hope that Korea gets some more facilities and support. Korea did surprisingly decent at junior worlds this year, placing 6th and 10th in ladies and 6th in ice dance. No strong men right now but I'm keeping my eye out on cha jun hwan(he's only 12). Lots of potential, as you said, but poor training conditions.