Yuna Kim | Page 196 | Golden Skate

Yuna Kim

sam0987

Rinkside
:yahoo: So happy to see her wonderful dancing:luv17: YUNA is the dancing Queen. I miss her :sad4::hopelessness:

yyyskate

Record Breaker
maybe she wants to rest and she has already achieved everything there is to win in figure skating. She has also been plagued with injuries. For me, her health is more important than more medals and fame. She has all that already. :)

having said that, I also wish she would do more ice shows. I miss her skating too and her programs, both competitive or exhibition, are just beautiful.

Little confession tho: I wish she'd have used Nessun Dorma as an LP in Olympics and Adios as a gala. :)))

some thoughts about this. currently. ISU reward the number of jumps sticked in one program, in terms of TES (the rules such i/e edge call etc.) just add the ways how tech caller and judge can control TES, The real quality of TES is not properly awarded. PCS, the new tread may lookes like ISU reward the number of transitions, but actually, it is just who come from strong fed and who is those fed's no.1 (if that skater happens to have lots transitions use transition as a excuse, if not, use others)
If Yuna still competes and wish to be competitive, she will need to cram her programs with jumps and perhaps purposeless transition in order to win.
She could/had never win over a 7 triple program with a 4 triple program. although she is the OG champion and WC champion. Those titles never brings her that cushion/benefit in any of her comps in her career, not like it has to other renowned skaters.
Yet, those titles only brings her enormous burdon. because she is the Queen of lady's figure skating, any result less than win will be disappointing to her country man and some of her fans and will become the best bashing material for haters etc..
But Yuna is only getting old, she cannot always do perfect clean programs every time she competes (those can only be achieved by prepub teenagers for 1 or 2 seasons). Her extreme consistency as it showed in 2013 london and 2014 Sochi, comes from her extremely hard word and repetitively consistency training, she is the only one skater (among all the live competitions I watched) do full run-throughs in every practice session, with full set of jumps and always almost clean.
Yuna wanted to develop her artistry. but her push-boundary art piece such as Giselle, Homage to Korean, KoV and Adios. are so much under-rated. Yuna's truly sincere artistic endeavor was not rewarded by ISU apparently , I dont think she want to cram her program to achieve the so-called artistry/PCS nowadays and also, I dont think her fans want to watch her only-for-point programs. and haters will only bash her for that (if she did it in order to win). She never reused her program in her career, and every one of her program is different. So Yuna as we all know her will never do such kinda thing.
Further, Yuna has achieved everything that is to achieve in figure skating. She won all titles, she pushed her artistry (did justice to all genres in her career and created new genres and did homage to her country) and technically left legacy, that is truly textbook technique.
So there is really no reason for her to continue compete.

She could definitely do more light-hearted ice shows when she has more time and rest well. I think even Yuna's ice show. Yuna always treated it very seriously, alway give her fans her best. So I wish she maybe could be less strict and less perfectionist about herself, hence light-hearted, in terms of ice shows.

As for Nessun Dorma as Sochi FP. some people had similar wish, such as whatif Yuna reused LM may be she will win. Maybe the grandiose of the music will warm the sochi audience's cold heart. But the truth is, no matter what music Yuna use, be it Nessun Dorma, or move the entire LM performance from london ice to Sochi ice. Those hostile audience will never cheer for a non-Russian skaters. they will still chanting and all that.
Instead, an epic performance like LM or Nessun Dorma will be a total WASTE in that kinda environment. LM is so epic, partly because, those very supportive/knowledgeable/passionate(about figure skating) Canadian audience's support and love (and it is a full house). And Nessum Dorma is in front of her adoring home audience, in front of a live orchestra. Those 2 performances deserves those kinda audience. those kinda loving audience made those performances once-of-a-lifetime figure skating diamonds.

On the other hand, I think Yuna's 2 Sochi programs is perfect for those hostile environment. It sends the message of Goodbye (Sochi is indeed her fareware ). Adios Nonino, is an elegy for late father, but actually, it is a story about a son's rebellions against his father's traditional tango music idea (who is ironically his biggest opponent regarding his tango revolution ), until, the pass-away of his father. the son's reflection, remembrance, resolution, reassurance, release and reborn.
How similar Yuna's situation in Sochi is to this song!!! Those hostile environment only adds up to her performance, we saw the resolution, the rebellion, the determination, the fight etc. that we never saw at her previous Adios nonino performances(korean national), which made it also once-in-a-lifetime performance and Olympic moment/experience. If you wanna glory, Yuna has already done it in 2010 OG. How do you top that, just like Yuna never repeat herself in terms of her programs), Yuna did it in Sochi.
I think every one of Yuna's legendary performances all happened at the right place!
When I think back all these coincidences in Yuna's career. I cannot help but marvel, Yuna is indeed a life's miracle. who knows, maybe God made the perfect plan.

Last edited:

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker

Gosh you are right. Looks like they just blocked access from Singapore IP for some reason! (I had it set to view the GP series and hasn't changed back).

I was wondering how come I got a black box "This video contains content from allthatskate. It is not available in your country."
I also tried to access this clip earlier too which was signed with a copyright notice 2010 ATSLA Day2 "Dream On" /Copyright ⓒ YunaForum All rights reserved. but got the black box white bold text notice saying This video contains content from YunaKim. It is not available in your country. I was like.. WHAT?!!! Oh really?? Yuna has claimed copyright from Yunaforum fancams? Wow! Since when?! That's a new one - but she is the Queen and all... :laugh2:

Thank goodness, after I changed my IP back, it went fine. Thanks SunnyStars! Oh and thanks Youtube, thanks for a laugh on a otherwise dreary day.

Last edited:

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
no longer working for me as well, used hola Canada, South Korea, etc. still not working.....:sad4::sad4:

Try UK. I actually use Astrill on a paid VPN service. Great to access youtube and fb from China. Much more reliable.

Last edited:

yyyskate

Record Breaker
Very strange you can't access in the US. Why would they do that? :( Surely an error?

The other link that YunaKim claimed copyright also not working for me.
I think it perhaps is a error from Youtube, or ATS, why do they do that. I will try again later.
If it is indeed geoblocked, I will be really :sad4: I didnot save any of Yuna's video. I just assumed they will be on youtube forever.