Yuna unveils new LP dress for Korean Nationals | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Yuna unveils new LP dress for Korean Nationals

CarneAsada

Medalist
She wasn't queen yet at that point. And I stand by my prediction (ok, my hope) that she will finish the transition to a fully purple dress by Sochi. No other color is quite so royal.

CarneAsada

Medalist
The World Championship, the banners, and those regal earrings said otherwise.
So a single World Championship title makes one a queen now. Who knew? I suppose Irina Slutskaya and Miki Ando were two-time queens then. As I see it, Kim's "coronation" was at the Olympics. And this time around, as she is the reigning queen, the defending World and Olympic Champion, I think the half purple is a nice touch.

bebevia

On the Ice
Maybe Yuna's team is using reverse psychology, aiming to set the bar really low with this dress, so they can go back to the original ones and the fans will appreciate them more than before. :)
Worked on me. Done even with my cognition. Darn. Like how I gave up on Mao's TT dresses.

aftertherain

Record Breaker
So a single World Championship title makes one a queen now. Who knew? I suppose Irina Slutskaya and Miki Ando were two-time queens then. As I see it, Kim's "coronation" was at the Olympics. And this time around, as she is the reigning queen, the defending World and Olympic Champion, I think the half purple is a nice touch.

Arguably, yes. But she was Queen of Korean figure skating long before that, I think.

jennyanydots

On the Ice
I like the old dress better. It was understated but classy and made her look quite striking on the ice. The new one is okay but kind of generic, typical figure skating tacky. It's hard to believe they couldn't come up with anything better.

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
I like the new costume too. And starting a new thread about it is good for ad revenue, as discussed by Yuna's fans in the thread that got moved to Nationals.

Ha... am I suppose to hate that I am (nearly) always right? (except with sport metaphors!) 2000+ views and counting in a matter of few hours $$$$ to GS!!

No. You, YunaBliss, and I all like it. That makes 3. The only way I can see to improve it is to turn it ALL purple!

Purple! Hey isn't that Kween's colour. Oh yeah... wrong forum!

aftertherain

Record Breaker
Ha... am I suppose to hate that I am (nearly) always right? (except with sport metaphors!) 2000+ views and counting in a matter of few hours $$$$ to GS!!

Someone should start a Yuna Kim Changed Her Hair Color thread. I nominate you.

Purple! Hey isn't that Kween's colour. Oh yeah... wrong forum!

It's never the wrong forum to discuss the color choices of the Kween.

Peach

Rinkside
I don't know why she changed it? It was fine before. I like the plain black one more, but this one is nice as well

waddup

Rinkside
I don't know why she changed it? It was fine before. I like the plain black one more, but this one is nice as well

She said her old dress was uncomfortable to skate in so they decided to change to this one :)

Ven

Match Penalty
Please Yuna, go back to the original black, just change the fittings and texture for your comfort.

Yuna in black >>>>>>>>>>> black/purple combo