Yuzuru Hanyu: 2013-14 Season | Page 157 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2013-14 Season

cruzceleste

Record Breaker
Today news about Yuzuru´s parade and Tshirt http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1qipy5_140422-スッキリ_sport?start=159

Can someone translate please.

Edit.

Thank you Yuzusan and Mii9000 for the info on the video. :biggrin::thumbsup::agree::yay::clap:

It is about Yuzu’s parade and the fundraising for it. The parade will cost ¥57000000. One of the staff for the parade explained that only the Olympics official sponsor corporations can sponsor the parade and the amount of money from those sponsors was not enough. So, they came up with the idea of T-shirt sales. The TV program reported how the T-shirts sold on the first day in Sendai and Tokyo. One lady came from Fukushima to buy the T-shirts. Some gentleman bought 4 T-shirts and donated \2000. A lady started to wait in front of the shop around 5:00 in the morning in Tokyo. The reporter said during the first 2 days 8900 T-shirts were sold out of 10000 they prepared. The people who are in charge of the parade did not expect the T-shirts to sell this well.

The last bit was about Dai, what he will do next season. What Dai said was that he will appear in some ice shows and take one year to think about what to do next. The narration said that he will not compete next season.

cruzceleste

Record Breaker

Meoima

Match Penalty
Hanyu+Javi being silly:
playing janken poi (sorry not sure english spelling here; japanese version of rock,paper,scissors)
http://31.media.tumblr.com/06273f1c34838e0340cab8a5eff8cf7e/tumblr_n1prgzWPJZ1svpydzo2_r1_250.gif
dancing?:laugh:
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-...mnBl3XqPM0/s640/blogger-image--1015534062.jpg
Javi is 1m73, and I see that Javi and Yuzuru share the same height in these recent photos, sometimes Yuzuru seems to be a little taller. The kid is taller than 1m71 now, for sure!! He is a growing kid!!! :laugh:

BusyMom

Medalist
Javi is 1m73, and I see that Javi and Yuzuru share the same height in these recent photos, sometimes Yuzuru seems to be a little taller. The kid is taller than 1m71 now, for sure!! He is a growing kid!!! :laugh:
Is it a good or a bad thing? I never quite get what is the right height for male skaters.

lbc2138

On the Ice
Is it a good or a bad thing? I never quite get what is the right height for male skaters.

If we're talking technically, the best sort of body for jumps would be very long and lean. Which is basically Yuzu who is already taller than some male skaters and we all know how lean he is so I think for him it's good since he's into jumping.

BusyMom

Medalist
If we're talking technically, the best sort of body for jumps would be very long and lean. Which is basically Yuzu who is already taller than some male skaters and we all know how lean he is so I think for him it's good since he's into jumping.
But too tall is not good for quad, right? Look at Abbot or Lysacek jumps. Asian men sometimes get a few inches during early to mid twenties, I hope Yuzuru will stop before him being too tall. He might well end up having a successful career in modeling instead, since height is very rare in Japanese men.

Yuzusan

On the Ice
But too tall is not good for quad, right? Look at Abbot or Lysacek jumps. Asian men sometimes get a few inches during early to mid twenties, I hope Yuzuru will stop before him being too tall. He might well end up having a successful career in modeling instead, since height is very rare in Japanese men.

I thing his height is over, I don't think he will grow again. Now, he is 1.72-73, maybe reach 1.74-75 but thats all and it is still enough.

Meoima

Match Penalty
I don't think Yuzuru will ever get taller than 1m75 at most. I am also Asian so I know. My brother technically stopped at 1m72, he's 21 now.

Anyway, Yagudin, who is also a very good jumper, is 1m75. And Plushy, the most consistent jumper so far, is 1m78, he is way taller and bulkier than Yuzuru.:)

Yuzuru's frame body seems to reach the growth limit. His body type is very similar to the guy who was sitting next to me in high school. He was 1m71 when we finished high school. Ten years later we met again, and he practically looked the same. No bear, still insanely thin. A walking skeleton indeed. Come to think of if, he might be even thinner than Yuzuru. :laugh:

I mean I have met people with similar body type to Yuzuru, so there is no worry that he will get much taller. I think Yuzuru can only get to 1m73 at most.

BusyMom

Medalist
Me eldest son is 183cm and he is only 16. I hope you right! I think my son is too tall for his skinny frame already.

Last year one of the former Japanese skaters told me that Yuzuru's height is one of the main reasons the Japanese fans attracted to him. He also said that Japanese consider tall as graceful, elegant and superior touch.