Yuzuru Hanyu: 2013-14 Season | Page 182 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2013-14 Season

Hanmgse

Record Breaker
Oh I'm the type who tend to avoid popular people because of the type of crowd that usually comes in package so knowing my habit whenever I came across this kind of fever as you call it, I told myself to check it out first before saying he's overated or something. Same goes with other people not just hanyu. You can say this habit is my weakness.

Oh I see, it has happened to me too. But it's actually nice that you investigate instead of hating without knowing more :thumbsup:

ranran

Zamboni time
On the Ice
hehe isn't? Yeah it just doesn't seems fair to assume before knowing anything. Moreover I'm glad he is getting more acknowledged after sochi or else I would've never known about hanyu.
Oh I see, it has happened to me too. But it's actually nice that you investigate instead of hating without knowing more :thumbsup:

SuzyQ

Medalist
Thank you SuzyQ, much appreciated! :) I had already stumbled upon that site
It has taken away hours of my lifetime - and I don't need them back! :laugh:

Oh, did you :eek:

Then, you have been travelling through the wood of Japanese words ! Applause to your hard work!

Did you try the button upper left 並び順 Order of posts?

投稿日時の新しい順 From the newest
投稿日時の古い順 From the oldest
閲覧数の多い順 From the most accessed

Recently I'm enjoying cuteness of baby Yuzu (although not exactly :p) with the second button :eek::

Pamigena

Record Breaker
Thanks :laugh: it really was sheer coincidence that I found this site.
I might have used google.co.jp to browse through pictures (yes, I'm insane. told you.)
and google is structured in the same way in any language :)
so that was fairly easy to navigate.
And on that other site I didn't actually use any buttons but << and >> so those translations are extremely helpful! :agree: thanks a lot!

cruzceleste

Record Breaker
An Interview with Yuzu after his parade with an appearance of Pandalion

They are a local band in Sendai.Some members were part of Hi-Fi Camp…Yuzu mentioned in the past that he really likes their music…they will also appear in Yuzu’s own (one-time?) ice show “Together on Ice”

So cute when he sang along with them^^ (or should I say lipsync since you don’t actually hear him) I think he mentioned he listened to them alot in the Olympics

cr: rikarikarikarin
Link: http://seobiiiiieluv.tumblr.com/post/84331620197/an-interview-with-yuzu-after-his-parade-with-an

cruzceleste

Record Breaker
An Interview with Yuzu after his parade with an appearance of Pandalion

They are a local band in Sendai.Some members were part of Hi-Fi Camp…Yuzu mentioned in the past that he really likes their music…they will also appear in Yuzu’s own (one-time?) ice show “Together on Ice”

So cute when he sang along with them^^ (or should I say lipsync since you don’t actually hear him) I think he mentioned he listened to them alot in the Olympics

cr: rikarikarikarin

Link: http://seobiiiiieluv.tumblr.com/post/84331620197/an-interview-with-yuzu-after-his-parade-with-an

skatefan22

Medalist
To start my contribution XD I dunno if anyone share this here yet but here is the link to all Figure skating HQ performance in Sochi
Team event commentary by CBC and individual by NBC inclusive of all pairs, mens and women SP & FS

http://kickass.to/sochi-2014-figure-skating-11-14-feb-pairs-men-sp-fp-720p-60fp-t8791028.html

Oh, that's brilliant!! I have been looking for Sochi HD videos for a while!! Thank you, Ranran! ;)

Might be a silly question, but is there a way to download individual video instead of the whole file, which is quite big?

HanDomi

Record Breaker
Might be a silly question, but is there a way to download individual video instead of the whole file, which is quite big?

When you are downloading trough torrent then at download confirmation in torrent software downloader you can select files on the list which you want to download only

Meoima

Match Penalty
Shizuka: You were saying that the jumps are your only strong point, but I’m personally drawn to your spins the most.

Yuzu: *laughs in embarrassment* Spins, huh?

Shizuka: They have fast rotations and beautiful forms. There were not many young athletes who attempted to add in expressive movements within their spins. Ever since you’re little, I’ve always thought that you’re really good at spins. It’s rare to find a male athlete who could spin with such fast rotations.

Yuzu: Thank you. It was around the time when I was a fifth-grader, I think that I lost my (home) rink and had to commute to another one. Stephane Lambiel came to that rink once, or maybe more than that, to attend an ice show in Sendai. He gave me some guidance on spins, spun together with me, we did things like that. To be honest, I love spins as well and I think it’s probably the best way to showcase my flexibility.
Lambiel! You gave him the tips for your spins? And Plushenko gave him the tips for his jumps. What a combination. Omg! I wish both of these legends will cooperate and gave he the best choreography ever in the future. ;)

DonneeDarko

Rinkside

Thank you so much, baterka! I just love Tara's comment in the SP, "Now I'm happy....This is what we've been waiting for." And at the end, she described his quad landings as not ordinary but extraordinary. And Johnny seemed speechless until the end, when he had so much praise and said that everything Yuzuru does is difficult but he makes it look easy...."like water...under a bridge."

Maria Victoria

Record Breaker

Thanks Pamina for the link! No wonder Yuzuru's spins remind Chris Howarth of Lambiel's (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjmKI_2fFpA, 5:10). Glad to know spins will be given more credit under the new rules as this will play to Yuzuru's strength. Really, he and Jason Brown have both made spinning high art in the men's competition, rivalling that of the ladies'.

Thanks also to all those who posted links and welcome to ranran (great first post btw)!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ana@WhateverHime did it again, this time making a video of Yuzuru's Olympic SP with "favorite comments from BBC, NBC, CBC, France 2, Teledeporte and Sky Sport. Translations included :)."

http://www.trilulilu.ro/yuzuru-hanyu-best-comments-olympic-sp

Thank you again Ana! Great job!

echotpe

On the Ice

Glad to watch the warm and joyful scenes at the beginning of a day!

It reminds me another music film, which the band specially produced for Yuzu to support and cheer his Olympics competition. The song that band sang in the interview is main theme of the film.

【video】Yuzu’ support project from Sendai

They invited over one hundred persons in Sendai from various segment, wrote their cheering messages in board and recorded with board by themselves. The film link was sent to Yuzu by email just the day before he attended the team competition.

He replied the email to thank the strong support from local people and committed he would do the best to win.

Indeed, Yuzu took the gold medal as a gift of Sochi coming home, as one person in the film asked him. :agree: What a son of Sendai!

Maria Victoria

Record Breaker

It reminds me another music film, which the band specially produced for Yuzu to support and cheer his Olympics competition. The song that band sang in the interview is main theme of the film.

They invited over one hundred persons in Sendai from various segment, wrote their cheering messages in board and recorded with board by themselves. The film link was sent to Yuzu by email just the day before he attended the team competition.

He replied the email to thank the strong support from local people and committed he would do the best to win.

Indeed, Yuzu took the gold medal as a gift of Sochi coming home, as one person in the film asked him. :agree: What a son of Sendai!

Oh that video of support from the people of Sendai was so touching, I could imagine how much strength and inspiration Yuzuru drew from the video for his Olympic competition. So lovingly and creatively done! You can see people from all walks of life (teachers, students, married couples, restaurant workers, etc.) united in their support for Yuzuru. Even the local mascots, including "Pedobird," had their personalized messages of support for Yuzuru. No wonder he dedicated his victory to them!

Thanks for sharing echotpe!

Hanmgse

Record Breaker

omg I never saw this before, what a touching video :cry: I'm pretty sure Yuzuru felt so happy and inspired to do his best, and he did ;)