Yuzuru Hanyu: 2013-14 Season | Page 230 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2013-14 Season

itoja

Rinkside
In the other hand Shae Lynn Bourne don´t have any winner in her rooster of skaters as far as I can remember. Or could you refer to me one of his programs (for other skaters) that have actually win something.
Daisuke's Pagliacci won 2012-2013 Grand Prix Final over Yuzuru&Wilson' Notre Dame ;)

cruzceleste

Record Breaker
Daisuke's Pagliacci won 2012-2013 Grand Prix Final over Yuzuru&Wilson' Notre Dame ;)

Actually Yuzuru won the LP

1 Daisuke Takahashi Japan 269.40 1 92.29 3 177.11
2 Yuzuru Hanyu Japan 264.29 3 87.17 2 177.12

And that with the fall in the 4S if I remember correctly.

winterbell

Rinkside

Isn't it true that Yuzu and Wilson's R&J2.0 have won OG, GPF and WC over every single long program Shae Lynn did for men's single (if any) in 2013-2014 season?

cruzceleste

Record Breaker
Isn't it true that Yuzu and Wilson's R&J2.0 have won OG, GPF and WC over every single long program Shae Lynn did for men's single (if any) ?
As far as I can tell the only top program she have this season was Kevin Reynolds AC/DC program. And even with two 4s he only got 78.29 in Canada Nationals. SO NOT EVEN CLOSE!

cruzceleste

Record Breaker
^Jeez, don't ask a question if you don't want to hear the answer :rolleye:
Well is not really the answer that I wanted if her program didn´t won, isn´t it? ;)

My point is, if people is so eager to see Yuzuru "try" different things, at least give him a winner, a Nichols . Shae is a lovely skater, but her choreographys aren´t making eihter so I would rather have another Wilson 10 times than her.

winterbell

Rinkside
I think I agree with cruzceleste. It is quite subjective to say which choreographer / program / music / costume suits Yuzuru. Fans and audiences have the rights to express their like or dislike towards them. But I think it will be more fair to at least try to be objective towards those who help winning the gold medals. Like, I perhaps would not say I don't like or hate a choreographer / program / number / costume. I would rather say, I expect some changes. And that is what Orser and Yuzu are going to do next season.

What's more important, who can now assure us that Shae Lynn's new program will suit Yuzuru (if it is she who will do the FS choreo)? We never know. We definitely hope it will be a wonderful one. But I think it would be better to get prepared for anything comes out and learn to get used to it in the next few months. Like it or hate it, it is highly likely that Yuzu is going to keep them for a whole new season. It will be healthier to keep an open mind :p

jimeonji

Final Flight
The potential of an skater is measured in the medals he wins. And Wilson has helped Yuzuru to build winner programs. The way people refer to Wilson is like he is making Yuzuru do something he didn´t like, and this is whats bothers me. Yuzuru is not a victim, his two program under Wilson while not everybody cup of tea are very demanding and helped Yuzuru showcase his growing in the thecnical side.

The aesthetics is in the eye of the beholder, and judges like what they see on Wilson´s programs.

In the other hand Shae Lynn Bourne don´t have any winner in her rooster of skaters as far as I can remember. Or could you refer to me one of his programs (for other skaters) that have actually win something.

I suppose that you and I have a different view on what "potential" means, then. If potential is measured by medals, then has Yuzu reached his full potential? Is Yuzu a better skater than Michelle Kwan because he has OGM and she doesnt? In my view, the potential of a skater is shown in the art of his skating. He has said it himself - he is lacking in the artistic and expressive side of skating, as well as his skating skills. We all know he's got the technical down, no problem. I'm not trying to make Yuzu a victim here - I think this is just a mismatch of choreographer and skater. I have no doubt that Wilson/Orser are trying to do whats best for him. But I want to see him grow artistically, experiment, see him skate to something that will amaze me. Again, R&J2 and Notre Dame are not completely AWFUL programs. But Yuzu could do better. PW plays to his strengths, which Jeff has talked about - his passion, his wild abandonment, his youthful drive. It even masks his bad posture. But Wilson's programs don't do that for him.

I won't even go into PCS and how overscored Yuzu is. Judges do not only score based on how "pretty" something is.

Shae Lynn choreographed Dai's 10-11 Mambo SP, which he used to win 4CC. She also choreographed his 12-13 Pagliacci LP which he won GPF with.

cruzceleste

Record Breaker
I suppose that you and I have a different view on what "potential" means, then. If potential is measured by medals, then has Yuzu reached his full potential? Is Yuzu a better skater than Michelle Kwan because he has OGM and she doesnt? In my view, the potential of a skater is shown in the art of his skating. He has said it himself - he is lacking in the artistic and expressive side of skating, as well as his skating skills. We all know he's got the technical down, no problem. I'm not trying to make Yuzu a victim here - I think this is just a mismatch of choreographer and skater. I have no doubt that Wilson/Orser are trying to do whats best for him. But I want to see him grow artistically, experiment, see him skate to something that will amaze me. Again, R&J2 and Notre Dame are not completely AWFUL programs. But Yuzu could do better. PW plays to his strengths, which Jeff has talked about - his passion, his wild abandonment, his youthful drive. It even masks his bad posture. But Wilson's programs don't do that for him.

I won't even go into PCS and how overscored Yuzu is. Judges do not only score based on how "pretty" something is.

Shae Lynn choreographed Dai's 10-11 Mambo SP, which he used to win 4CC. She also choreographed his 12-13 Pagliacci LP which he won GPF with.

Again skating is a sport. There is and artistic part to it, but in the end is a sport, not the ballet. They don´t show in tv the skaters that don´t win.

Yes Yuzuru can grow up as an artist. But as far as I can tell is up to skater to develop the art part, not the choreographer. The choreographer only made the pieces work, according to the rules and what the skater can do, in any case if you want art let´s call Marina Zoueva, she is a winner artistic choreographer (just look at Davis and White pieces, of Virtue and Moir, those are art). Hell, wanna bet she will mend Yuzuru´s posture and his edges.

I will give you the Mambo, but Yuzuru´s Notre Dame won against Dai´s Pagliacci.

HanDomi

Record Breaker
I would not be so scared about diffrent choreographer. If choreography will not be good itself, it will not hurt Yuzuru's winning potential because his TES will still save him :biggrin:

winterbell

Rinkside

I think you are just too subjective. And you are not realizing it. Even not discussing about the winning results, there are people out there and also here in this forum who like Wilson's programs for Yuzu and think those programs suited him well. Your opinion won't represent all and it is not necessarily to be the truth. In my opinion, it is not the truth. And I am surprised at your confidence and optimism in Shae-Lynn's choreo, too. I am wondering if people were the same crazy about Wilson' choreo two years ago, and, how some people will criticize about her new program for Yuzu in a few months -- I am 100% sure there will be some people who don't like it. I myself will keep open-minded to all programs. Yuzu will suit himself to them and grow up with them. That is what he has done with Notre Dame and R&J 2.0., as well as PW. Jeff also praised him for acting actively during choreography.

One last thing, "I won't even go into PCS and how overscored Yuzu is." I seriously doubt it and in my opinion he has been underscored in PCS many times. And, of course, it is just MY opinion.

winterbell

Rinkside
I would not be so scared about diffrent choreographer. If choreography will not be good itself, it will not hurt Yuzuru's winning potential because his TES will still save him :biggrin:

I don't think anyone will get scared about changing choreographer. It is never our choice and will not affect us. I just think people should be open-minded and fair. Not only towards Wilson but also Shae-Lynn. Otherwise, whatever criticism on Wilson today will soon go to Shae-Lynn.

Maria Victoria

Record Breaker
After a spirited discussion on choreographers and choreography, here's a compilation by Ana@WhateverHime of the comments of various skating commentators (NBC, British Eurosport, CBC, RAI Sport, Deux TV, Teledeporte and France 2) on Yuzuru's unchoreographed fall in his iconic 2012 Worlds LP and his splendid recovery (3A-3T).
Shows his resilience and fighting spirit, and a lesson for all of us: how to get up from a fall.

Thanks again Ana for your great work!

littlexflower

Rinkside
I don't quite sure about the time. I saw rarayuzu, a Japanese Yuzu's fan posted those two on twitter yesterday. I guess the fans have just discovered the photos from a video or something.

echotpe

On the Ice
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cpk_AD2VOU8

This news is about the balance use of Yuzu's victory parade last month. The official hosts announced all balance amount will donate to Miyagi Skating Federation on purpose for raising young skaters. The amount is 7.415 million yen (around US$ 72,722). As you may know, Sendai is a city of Miyagi Prefecture. So this donation expects to benefit more young skaters besides Sendai youth.

According to another news today, any young skater who registered in Miyagi Skating Federation could apply the compensation of rink fee from the donation fund.

By the way, Yuzu is recognized with Sports Award of Kahoku (North-east) Sports Press Association this year. The ceremony was held yesterday and Yuzu's father reprenting him to attend the event.

cruzceleste

Record Breaker
According to another news today, any young skater who registered in Miyagi Skating Federation could apply the compensation of rink fee from the donation fund.

By the way, Yuzu is recognized with Sports Award of Kahoku (North-east) Sports Press Association this year. The ceremony was held yesterday and Yuzu's father reprenting him to attend the event.

Oh that´s great. Both news :clap:. Any pictures? Yuzuru´s father is like the invisible man, never have been seem...

Edit.

Just out curiosity. How much are rink fee and how long time it covers?

echotpe

On the Ice
【repo】The mental training app used by World and Olympic Champions

The Peak Performance Team promotes their latest mental training app. Three Orser's pupils make testimony of it.

Yuzu: “Peak Performance Skating helped me find balance in my life so I could focus on my goal and go for it!”

http://www.peakperformanceskating.com/?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=YuzuruHanyu&utm_content=YuzurusSecret&utm_campaign=App
One quote from PP :"Make sure your worst enemy doesn't live between your own two ears. "