Yuzuru Hanyu: 2014-15 Season | Page 110 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2014-15 Season

foruiz

Final Flight
Kei is making history. ヽ(*´∀`)ノDon't we just love these Japanese athletes. Hmm. I don't think Yuzu follows tennis.

The last time I visited a Japanese store I only hoarded Pocky and Matcha and Ichigo Kitkat, I am craving for that red Ghana now, too bad only the white and black ones are available.

SuzyQ

Medalist
This is off topic but...I just wanted to tell Japanese fans how much I enjoyed watching their countryman Kei Nishikori http://www.nytimes.com/2014/09/07/sports/tennis/kei-nishikori-reaches-us-open-final-beating-novak-djokovic.html?_r=0 beat the World's number 1 at the US Open. I wonder if Yuzu is a fan?

He is making history :agree: !

Before him, Shuzo Matsuoka's 46th in the ranking was the best of Japanese tennis players.
(I think you have seen him many times interviewing Yuzuru as a sport commentator :laugh:)

Kei is Japan's another "Rising Son".

(This expression is always used for Japanese promissing men's athletes, and actually Yuzuru has been called so many times. It's a sort of cliche by now :biggrin:)

msteach3

Medalist
Country
United-States
He is making history :agree: !
Kei is Japan's another "Rising Son".
(This expression is always used for Japanese promissing men's athletes, and actually Yuzuru has been called so many times. It's a sort of cliche by now :biggrin:)

Maybe Yuzu will take notice of tennis, if he hasn't already, as he and Kei have so much in common. ;)

smasma

On the Ice
Here's a video clip about the choreographer Miyamoto Kenji talking about Yuzu. He has been asked to name figure skaters (around 4:30) who is terrific in jumps and he picked Yuzu and Mao. He then talks about the jump position and how figure skaters with a slim figure can spin faster than others. He thinks Yuzu has a wonderful sense in figure skating. When Yuzu jumps, he spins fast, he can sense his position in the air and he can prepare himself for landing. He says Yuzu is very focus on his training and will keep on practicing until someone tells him to stop. He also talks about Yuzu is a cheerful person who plays kendama all the time.

annca

On the Ice
Here's a video clip about the choreographer Miyamoto Kenji talking about Yuzu. He has been asked to name figure skaters (around 4:30) who is terrific in jumps and he picked Yuzu and Mao. He then talks about the jump position and how figure skaters with a slim figure can spin faster than others. He thinks Yuzu has a wonderful sense in figure skating. When Yuzu jumps, he spins fast, he can sense his position in the air and he can prepare himself for landing. He says Yuzu is very focus on his training and will keep on practicing until someone tells him to stop. He also talks about Yuzu is a cheerful person who plays kendama all the time.

thank you for the trans smasma :clap:

SuzyQ

Medalist

Two points he raised as Yuzuru's strong points were "Taikan" and "Kuchu deno kankaku", and I thought "Taikan" is 体幹, body trunk, and 空中での感覚, sensing his position in the air as you explained.

Honestly, although people talk about 体幹, body trunk, I'm not sure what exactly "body trunk" means :confused:

Someone, could you please give me an explanation :scratch:

KansaiPJ

On the Ice
*仙台福祉プラザ (Sendai Welfare Plaza) is located the opposite of Sendai City Hospital. The exhibition is on the second floor lobby. You may take the Sendai Subway Namboku Line, stop at Itsutsubashi station(五橋駅).

Address: 仙台市青葉区五橋2丁目12番2号
Google map: http://www.shakyo-sendai.or.jp/n/aboutus/plaza

Attention to its closed date this year:
http://www.shakyo-sendai.or.jp/n/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/27%E5%B9%B4%E5%BA%A6%E4%BC%91%E9%A4%A8%E6%97%A5%E3%81%A1%E3%82%89%E3%81%97.pdf

Thank you very much echotpe! :yay:

echotpe

On the Ice
Vote Yuzu’s numbers in BS Japan’s ex program in September

BS Japan TV takes place an event for Japan Open. People can vote their favorite ice show numbers among 50 selected ones. The host will broadcast the numbers on top ranking. (It doesn’t mention how many numbers they will broadcast at last.)

Yuzu has two numbers among the list –
(#23) 2011 Romeo & Juliet and
(#46) 2008 Amazonic 死の舞踏

Event page: http://www.bs-j.co.jp/figure2014/

Remember this voting event? Congratulate Yuzu! He got top 2 in audience voting:
“2008 Amazonic” ranks first, and “2011 Romeo & Juliet” is the second.

And BS Japan TV broadcasted the program today. As usual, we should thank yusu01207 uploaded in nearly on time. Enjoy!
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x25emi6_140907-coi%E3%83%99%E3%82%B9%E3%83%88%E3%82%BB%E3%83%AC%E3%82%AF%E3%82%B7%E3%83%A7%E3%83%B3-yuzuru-hanyu_sport

smasma

On the Ice
Here is Carnival on Ice Best Selection - Amazonic and R&J 1.0.

Two points he raised as Yuzuru's strong points were "Taikan" and "Kuchu deno kankaku", and I thought "Taikan" is 体幹, body trunk, and 空中での感覚, sensing his position in the air as you explained.

Honestly, although people talk about 体幹, body trunk, I'm not sure what exactly "body trunk" means :confused:

Someone, could you please give me an explanation :scratch:

"体幹" means "the body excluding the head and neck and limbs". In this case, I believe Miyamoto Kenji was referring to Yuzu's slim figure. Since he's slim, he spins easily "ジャープを跳んだ時に細ければ細いほど回転が回り安い". He also said spins for skaters with less slender body line are not as stable "体の線が細くなる" "軸が太いはちょっと緩んでる感じ". This is how I understand what he said. Having said that, Japanese is not my mother tongue, so I could be wrong.

SuzyQ

Medalist
Here is Carnival on Ice Best Selection - Amazonic and R&J 1.0.

"体幹" means "the body excluding the head and neck and limbs". In this case, I believe Miyamoto Kenji was referring to Yuzu's slim figure. Since he's slim, he spins easily "ジャープを跳んだ時に細ければ細いほど回転が回り安い". He also said spins for skaters with less slender body line are not as stable "体の線が細くなる" "軸が太いはちょっと緩んでる感じ". This is how I understand what he said. Having said that, Japanese is not my mother tongue, so I could be wrong.

In Japanese, people (who are familiar with sports) sometimes say "Taikan wo kitaeru", train the body trunk, or "Kare wa taikan ga tsuyoi", he has a strong body trunk, etc. I was always wondering what the taikan (body trunk) actually means.

Kenji Miyamoto said, Yuzuru is very quick to shift to rotation from jumping, he can make a very thin rotation axis as soon as he jumps up, then he can prepare for landing while his body is still rotating. Not just the series of jump, rotation and landing, but he makes the rotation axis "kyutto - this may be the same as shu & gu/gyu said by Yuzuru :biggrin:" almost at the same time he jumps up, then, before landing, he already is ready for it. You would fall if you land on the ice while rotating, but he stops his body's rotation rightly before landing.

I heard before that Miki Ando's jump is good because her rotation speed is very fast, while Mao's jump has a very thin rotation axis. She can make such rotation axis very quickly after she jumps up. I also heard Yuzuru grasped the tip of 3A when he saw Mao's 3A.

In any case, it is a world of geniuses :rolleye:

giulia95

Medalist
echotpe, thanks for the link! youku doesn't work for me so I checked the weibo and found the same video uploaded on dailymotion - http://dai.ly/x25d3bj

thank you so much for the clip echotpe and darazam and thanks to Chinese fans for translation!:bow:

I am very impressed by Yuzu's words at the Olimpic press conference and more recently during his visit in Ishimaki...., the sense of helpless , the feelings of guilt because he “escaped” from the distressed area , the akward idea of being a sinner , all those complex emotions he expressed make me realize he still has a massive burden on his teen shoulders and the wounds deep inside him are still open wide and bleeding , no scar yet unfortunately. I don't really know how he could manage to control such a painful situation at his very young age. I think he needs to find some peace of mind finally and hope he'll find it very soon...

Sorrento

Record Breaker
Lots of thank you for everyone posting links, news and translations! :bow: It was really interesting to read Kenji's words about Yuzuru. I love to find out those small secrets from FS pros.

smasma

On the Ice
In Japanese, people (who are familiar with sports) sometimes say "Taikan wo kitaeru", train the body trunk, or "Kare wa taikan ga tsuyoi", he has a strong body trunk, etc. I was always wondering what the taikan (body trunk) actually means.

Kenji Miyamoto said, Yuzuru is very quick to shift to rotation from jumping, he can make a very thin rotation axis as soon as he jumps up, then he can prepare for landing while his body is still rotating. Not just the series of jump, rotation and landing, but he makes the rotation axis "kyutto - this may be the same as shu & gu/gyu said by Yuzuru :biggrin:" almost at the same time he jumps up, then, before landing, he already is ready for it. You would fall if you land on the ice while rotating, but he stops his body's rotation rightly before landing.

I agree with you about the kyutto / shu / gyu that he forms his axis fast and easy by tightly tugging his arms and legs together. That's the shu Oda didn't understand when he interviewed Yuzu a few months back. :laugh: As for his landings, I think he opens his arms at the very same moment he lands and that could be something very difficult to do if one is not in total control and not aware of one's position in the air. And if one is not aware of one's position in the air, then one can't prepare for landing. I think all top skaters strive to master this technique.

I heard before that Miki Ando's jump is good because her rotation speed is very fast, while Mao's jump has a very thin rotation axis. She can make such rotation axis very quickly after she jumps up. I also heard Yuzuru grasped the tip of 3A when he saw Mao's 3A.

Oh I didn't know that Yuzu got his hint to master 3A from Mao. That's good to know. Thanks for sharing that with me. :agree:

In any case, it is a world of geniuses :rolleye:

Yes, they are ALL geniuses indeed. :points: