Yuzuru Hanyu: 2014-15 Season | Page 149 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2014-15 Season

Pamigena

Record Breaker
I belive he will definitely make it if he stays healthy.
However, I decided to wait for the result of COC to to see if I go to GPF or not....
You know, I went to Finland couple weeks ago....
Me too :biggrin: I feel you. There's still a little pond where I cried all those tears (as soon as it gets cold enough we can skate on it). But I guess I'll be going in December anyway, since I already got the tickets, the flight, the hotel, good company, hopes and dreams and all that other stuff you don't need as long as you don't care for a little joy once in a while :biggrin: 

(ignore me. Stupid day. Making pointless posts helps me :popcorn: )

lbc2138

On the Ice
I belive he will definitely make it if he stays healthy.
However, I decided to wait for the result of COC to to see if I go to GPF or not....
You know, I went to Finland couple weeks ago....

Oh dear! I would have been so sorely disappointed (but understanding of course).
I was originally going to Barcelona for the GPF but decided to wait a little and might go to Shanghai for Worlds instead since going to 2016 Worlds in Boston is a no-brainer.

Esopian

Final Flight
This is out of topic, but I just received the "YUZURU" photobook by Sunao Noto in the mail and it's absolutely amazing! The design of the tri-fold covers is stunning and so beneficial to the viewer.

Flipping through each page, the photo collection is really well organized, structured and most of all, shot! There are never-before-seen photos, contains all of his competition scores in chronological order and the colour/quality of everything in the book is extremely precise and professional.

Noto-san is an excellent photographer, he captures the best moments —as if the photos come to life (like the viewer can witness the exact live moment Noto-san took the photo). You can really tell how much he cares about Yuzu through the attention to every detail expressed in the photos and various quotes/mini-accounts included in the book.

It's probably going to forever be one of my most treasured photobooks. :eek:: I'm so happy I ordered it!! :agree: I recommend anyone who is contemplating over the price to make the right decision and purchase it, because it's worth every penny.

echotpe

On the Ice
It's probably going to forever be one of my most treasured photobooks. :eek:: I'm so happy I ordered it!! :agree: I recommend anyone who is contemplating over the price to make the right decision and purchase it, because it's worth every penny.

Yes, I also highly recommend to have this precious YUZURU! I felt that Mr Noto not only did a professional work but also devoted his deep love to take those pictures.

By the way, Oricon (Japan) released the latest book sales results today.
http://www.oricon.co.jp/rank/ob/w/2014-11-03/

“YUZURU” made two new records, the best selling both in sports and photo books in first sale week this year. It is also ranked in second place of overall categories, reaching to 23,290 copies.

Congratulation, you are one of buyers who made this achievement!

pandaatlarge

On the Ice
I went to the "YUZURU" photo exhibition early this week, it was absolutely fantastic!
This is how the entrance looks like.
Here you get a glimpse of the photos on EX.
Hey, stop looking inside, you won't get to see what's inside unless you get in!
Not a big exhibition space actually

I went there on Monday during working hours, but still there are always more than 20 people in the room (after 6pm when people finish work there are always more than 30 people, I think), most of which are ladies (from school girls to elder ladies) with 2 or 3 men. Besides Yuzuru fans, there were also many general visitors who didn't know about the event but were attracted by the photo outside.

I roughly counted about 50 photos on exhibition, the earliest one being 2007 Japan Jr. Nationals. They are all large, but some are larger than the others, each of which covers a whole board, including Hello I Love You from THE ICE 2012, Ina Bauer during OG practice, White Legend and Finale from TOI, parade in Sendai, and latest off-ice scenes from Toronto, individual and with Brian. You can have a clear look at the details of the costumes, his facial expressions, body movements, etc, so it is really stunning. Noto-san said his favorite shot is the one he took right before Yuzuru went on the ice for the first time after the big earthquake at the charity show in Kobe, I was deeply moved by this photo as well, because I believe I really saw the tears in his eyes even though he was looking up. Really really a wonderful event, thank you Noto-san!

chestnut

Rinkside
OMG you gave a very good suggestion...I just thought "I want the best seat I want the best seat" so I bought the ticket the day it was released...got the second row behind the judges. Make it please yuzu!

pandaatlarge

On the Ice
OMG you gave a very good suggestion...I just thought "I want the best seat I want the best seat" so I bought the ticket the day it was released...got the second row behind the judges. Make it please yuzu!

The second row behind the judges should be very good, personally I always prefer the judges side than the "VIP" arena SS seats on the other side. Hope you have a great trip in Barcelona.

p.s. I think I know who you are :p

chestnut

Rinkside
The second row behind the judges should be very good, personally I always prefer the judges side than the "VIP" arena SS seats on the other side. Hope you have a great trip in Barcelona.

p.s. I think I know who you are :p

Seriously you know me???? ... I should change a name I think...This is too obvious.
Of course judges' side is better because he will face me at the opening of his programme. And I'll die for that.

Meoima

Match Penalty
Yuzuru might change his mind about the jump layout, according to poster yude from the other forum:

http://www.amazon.co.jp/フィギュアスケート-2...ワールド・フィギュアスケート別冊-ワールド・フィギュアスケート/dp/4403310907

I bought this magazine yesterday (I was late,haha), there were the interviews of Yuzuru, Orser, and Bourne. I can't translate all of them but I will post some summaries :)

The interview seemed to be taken in the open practice in August.

Yuzuru said,

Free Program

He had wished to skate to "Phantom of the Opera" for a long time, so he (they) had already decided to have it as new FP from the beginning. All the music is consists of the subject "Phantom". He is not the type who skates that powerful, therefore he hopes he'll be able to show a little different phantom from the typical one, "the phantom of his own". He is planning to do 4S and 4T in the first half and 4T combo in the second half of the program, but the success rate is still low, so it's likely enough to change the plan.

Short Program

The essential part is 4T in the latter half of the program. Last season, he had succeeded in getting good scores by executing 4T beautifully gaining a lot of positive GOEs because he had the jump in the first half. However, this season, he is going to do it in the second half where he can get 10% bonus and have to execute it cleanly to gain positive GOEs, that's really hard. He also has to jump in different timing from the last year because the music itself is slow, he will keep focusing on that issue.
So he might only jump 2 quads in the long. I think that's a relief, given his health condition, especially his back injury.

HanDomi

Record Breaker
But please, please keep 3A-1lo-3S :cry:

I think he will propably go for 2 quads only in COC to not force his back, maybe he will try 3 quads in his 2nd GP, we will see

If this was said at the open practice, by now maybe he is handling this layout okay. He said himself back then that he must work on his stamina the perform it

ayarose

On the Ice
But please, please keep 3A-1lo-3S :cry:

I think he will propably go for 2 quads only in COC to not force his back, maybe he will try 3 quads in his 2nd GP, we will see

If this was said at the open practice, by now maybe he is handling this layout okay. He said himself back then that he must work on his stamina the perform it

I love the 3A-1Lo-3S too, it might be my favorite jump from the program.

Yuzu might indeed do that, he's smart and knows that remaining healthy is important since his season is just starting.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I've been pretty critical of the 1Loop in combination but Yuzuru is one skater from a very short list I enjoy watching do it. Then again he could probably make snow angels on the ice and make it look good :laugh: