Yuzuru Hanyu: 2014-15 Season | Page 44 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2014-15 Season

HanDomi

Record Breaker
Nam attempting a 4S (looks like 4-revolution?). If he can jump 4S consistently, I can see him becoming a potential strong rival to Yuzu.
http://instagram.com/p/q2ptWToKa2/?modal=true

Quite big UR still. I think talking as potential rival to Yuzuru is too big right words right now. Maybe around 2018, but his jumps must get bigger to think about that. Yuzuru main rival will be Javi :)

But surely cricket club is becoming quad overload right now :laugh:

skatefan22

Medalist
Quite big UR still. I think talking as potential rival to Yuzuru is too big right words right now. Maybe around 2018, but his jumps must get bigger to think about that. Yuzuru main rival will be Javi :)

But surely cricket club is becoming quad overload right now :laugh:

I see. How come you guys can count those revolutions? I honestly can't tell whether a jump is triple or quad :bang: In this video, I thought it would be a quad due to the reaction of the people standing around the rink. :rolleye:

ayarose

On the Ice
I see. How come you guys can count those revolutions? I honestly can't tell whether a jump is triple or quad :bang: In this video, I thought it would be a quad due to the reaction of the people standing around the rink. :rolleye:

Practice and practice and practice. I started with those with slower speed and used to put it in slow motion but shifted to those who rotate fast since I discovered it's easier if I train my eyes using them. I still miss sometimes like when I first watched Yuzu's TEB 2013 Ex but it was so smooth I initially thought it was a 3T.

Uhm, just a little present. It's not complete yet but please do enjoy.

skatefan22

Medalist
Practice and practice and practice. I started with those with slower speed and used to put it in slow motion but shifted to those who rotate fast since I discovered it's easier if I train my eyes using them. I still miss sometimes like when I first watched Yuzu's TEB 2013 Ex but it was so smooth I initially thought it was a 3T.

Thanks for the advice!
And did you made those videos?? Thank you for compiling all those precious moments! :love::clap:

Klarnet

On the Ice

Not just you, B.Esp commentator also said it was triple

Meoima

Match Penalty
I have just come across an intersting comment on the other forum about Yuzuru and his mother.

According to that poster, she remembered watching a video of Yuzu right after he won a gold medal, maybe when he was still in junior. He was asked if he'd spoken with his family. He said something like: "I've spoken with my mother and we had a fight." The interviewe was surpised and Yuzuru just replied: "Oh, we fight all the time. She told me it was the worst skate of my life!"

It's interesting to know that his mother is one of the best critics he ever gets. :laugh: I wonder what was their talk after he won gold at Sochi with 2 falls. :think: Oh, mama Hanyu is surely awesome! I admire her!

ayarose

On the Ice
I have just come across an intersting comment on the other forum about Yuzuru and his mother.

According to that poster, she remembered watching a video of Yuzu right after he won a gold medal, maybe when he was still in junior. He was asked if he'd spoken with his family. He said something like: "I've spoken with my mother and we had a fight." The interviewe was surpised and Yuzuru just replied: "Oh, we fight all the time. She told me it was the worst skate of my life!"

It's interesting to know that his mother is one of the best critics he ever gets. :laugh: I wonder what was their talk after he won gold at Sochi with 2 falls. :think: Oh, mama Hanyu is surely awesome! I admire her!

Actually, I watched that interview. Ueda asked him if he had spoken to his family but he said he haven't yet. He said that he had a chance to talk to his mom and they talk about his regrets about his Sochi FS since it was below par compared to some of his previous skates. I don'r remember him saying they fought. I do remember reading about him showing his upset or angry with his actions though instead of words.

SuzyQ

Medalist

I was also interested in the relationship between the mother and son.

Just see this video about the rivalry between Yuzuru and Tatsuki after the Worlds, around 41:00.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2sU3El9n6kQ

Yuzuru: Good. I could succeed in the revenge. My mother said to me this morning, "Mao-chan did revenge of her short program of Sochi."
Ah... I have got three (titles)...

His mom implied his long program failure in Sochi :laugh:

He also said somewhere,
"After the SP failure (of the Worlds), we had a family meeting about how this happened."

Anyway, being the mother of a genius is beyond my imagination.

Sorrento

Record Breaker
Oh I hope those were just conversations and not like they all gathered in court and go: "Today we all gathered to discuss the failure of our family member in short program on blah-blah date in blah-blah event. Will the defendant please raise! Do you have anything to declare?!" Come on!:biggrin:

jimeonji

Final Flight
Is he only trying 4S? Because I've never heard about his 4T
He has only posted videos and talked about the 4S. I suppose he might want to try 4T later on when his 4S is stable so he'll have two types of quads.