Yuzuru Hanyu: 2014-15 Season | Page 565 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2014-15 Season

Windy

Rinkside
Oh it is my bad...I usually do not let out my worries here...and I am very positive about him despite the worries.

Right before GPF, I posted here saying that I woke up that morning and felt very good about him. And right before the WCs, I posted again that I felt good about him. Shall I get a little credit on my intuition? :)

He will go through the ups and downs like anybody else (I like those two British fanboys but I do not like that they called him "God"). I am positive that he will use his talents and his body appropriately, with some lessons to learn and adjustments to make.

Oh no of course I wasn't trying to blame you or anything. I was just moved by your words because I also feel like that about him sometimes, but I could not put it into words as well as you did.

And I don't think it is a bad thing at all. It's great if we can stay positive but also as fans we can't help but worry about so many things, as long as we dont go overboard (aka being so negative/paranoid...), I think its good to let out sometimes. I'm grateful for us to have this warm and supporting place, where we can share our feeling, love and hope toward the person we all treasure so much.

Last edited:

Rissa

Record Breaker
Does anyone know where I can get HQ file of Yuzuru's performances from Barcelona from Eurosport? And I mean really HQ, preferably 1080 ts file. I would like to try my hand at editing and incorporate clean quad jumps from Barcelona into the Worlds SP and LP so that it would seem like one perfromance (or as close as one can get with different color schemes of the arena) but I need equally good quality footage, Youtube files don't quite cut it...

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
Anyone watching TSL's recap on the men? Lots of nice stuff on Hanyu and Pooh.

skatefan22

Medalist
It seems Yuzu has some inflammation on the his abdominal cut because some dissolvable stitches failed to dissolve. So he will need another small surgery to remove those stitches. But considering WTT is approaching, he decided to delay the surgery.

Last edited:

Rissa

Record Breaker
It seems Yuzu has some inflammation on the his abdominal cut because some stitches failed to dissolve. So he will need another small surgery to remove those stitches. But considering WTT is approaching, he decided to delay the surgery.

Initially I was happy that Yuzu will compete at WTT but this is ridiculous. Just how skating with that inflammation scream "success" to him? It's enough to look at Mura or Anna Pogorilaya to see what happens when one skates in bad condition. :no:

skatefan22

Medalist
He is crazy. Now I understand why David Wilson compared Yuzu's love to skating to Romeo's love to Juliet - he is willing to sacrifice everything for his love. Crazy!

Hanmgse

Record Breaker
It seems Yuzu has some inflammation on the his abdominal cut because some dissolvable stitches failed to dissolve. So he will need another small surgery to remove those stitches. But considering WTT is approaching, he decided to delay the surgery.

Wait, is the JSF going to allow that? :confused:

xibsuarz

Record Breaker

GDI Yuzu. Are they even going to let him compete like that? That's more than enough reason to skip out on the event. In that condition, his performance could turn out even worse (not that I care much about that if he's sick but he certainly does), as well as his condition; taking time from training for next season. I just hope it's nothing serious.

padme21

On the Ice
*sigh* it's always something isn't it. First COC then surgery, the ankle injury, and now he has to have his stitches removed! MY POOR HEART CAN'T TAKE MUCH MORE OF THIS! Seriously is Hanyu trying to kill me?!!! I know he wants redemption for Worlds but I think he should sit this one out. All I can hope is that he cleared it with his doctors!😷😱😰

oriquey

Final Flight
I hope this is an April Fools joke. I really do. Because I went on tumblr to find the article and the original source and there is none that I can detect. If someone has the original source, please share the link.

Additionally, I've experienced something similar and it occurred within the first week after surgery, which followed a very high fever and etc. I don't know if this can happen three months after surgery.

Last edited:

ranran

Zamboni time
On the Ice

What!? he decided to delay the surgery?! Would love to see him compete but not so eager if his condition is not fit for it! :cry:

ranran

Zamboni time
On the Ice
I hope this is an April Fools joke. I really do. Because I went on tumblr to find the article and the original source and there is none that I can detect. If someone has the original source, please share the link.

Additionally, I've experienced something similar and it occurred within the first week after surgery, which followed a very high fever and etc. I don't know if this can happen three months after surgery.

I hope so~ I hate April Fools though but if it means the condition is a made up it would be a relieve...

Rissa

Record Breaker

April's Fool? Oh God please let it be April's Fool. If it is, it's a good one because I swallowed it hook line and sinker. It sounds exactly like something Yuzu would do.

Eloyse

On the Ice
Can anyone explain how serious this situation is? Have an abdominal inflammation and still train quads and compete? What is the worst possible consequence?

oriquey

Final Flight
Can anyone explain how serious this situation is? Have an abdominal inflammation and still train quads and compete? What is the worst possible consequence?
Not sure about the whole thing but if there is inflammation, there might be an infection. It may result in a fever.