Yuzuru Hanyu: 2014-15 Season | Page 86 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2014-15 Season

giulia95

Medalist
As far as we know , Yuzu is constantly under medications for his respiratory tract. IMO, it's not smart to joke with unhealthy lungs::no:

moonkat

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Yuzuru has just repeated that he wants to go pro after the next Olympic in a recent interview.
Kinda sad though, but we all know FS career is not long. I bet he will try his best in the next 4 years in every competition, maybe that's why he planed all the quads in LP: http://seobiiiiieluv.tumblr.com/post/95468000327/cr-yuzu-ka127

Credit to seobiiiiieluv tumblr.

It makes sense. With the ways he's been challenging himself, his body is gonna burn out fast. I was actually hoping he only planned 4 more years. It's such as relief, especially after Plushenko message about winning as many medals as possible...

GermaricanMix

On the Ice
It makes sense. With the ways he's been challenging himself, his body is gonna burn out fast. I was actually hoping he only planned 4 more years. It's such as relief, especially after Plushenko message about winning as many medals as possible...

Yuzu has been saying only 4 more years for a while now, right? I think that's very smart. Last thing I want to happen is he needs spine surgery like his idol Plushenko.

makaihime

Final Flight
Its not at all surprising that he's saying the next Olympics is his last considering he won every major title in his competitive career already. He probably wants to move on and live his life like a normal person without the restrictions of having to train and so on. Although whether he'll actually retire after 2018 is another story. He has an extremely competitive personality and if he doesn't get the results he wants this quad, he might decide to stay for another year or two.

But I'll be cheering him on regardless of what he chooses to do. I just want him to be happy and healthy. :yes:

HanDomi

Record Breaker
He will propably retire, but I can't imagine him giving up quads in exhibitions even after that :biggrin:
Just wishing him to have in 2018 olympics dream LP performance that he wanted in Sochi :agree:

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
Well let's look at skaters he idolizes. Plushenko and Arakawa. Plushenko has of course done so much damage to his body (not trying to sound negative, I respect how much he has pushed himself over his entire career) & I am willing to bet that as his fanboy he's been concerned in the past for his health and is well aware of just how much stress competing for well over a decade can cause. Then we have Shizuka. She's had soo many beautiful exhibitions after her retirement, I think it's clear if you keep up with her skates how fulfilling a pro career can be! And of course he's being coached by a man who had a pro career spanning 19 years! :eek: Combining all this with the success he has already obtained, even with his super-competitive spirit, it's not surprising to me that he's aiming to start a pro career after the next quad.

cruzceleste

Record Breaker
I actually think that Yuzuru could have a life away from the ice, he once a long time ago said he wanted to be sport psychologist, and I think will be a great one, and as a pro skater he could do both things perfectly.

I wish him health and success these next 4 years so he can retire in peace and have the best life.

shiroKJ

Back to the forest you go.
Record Breaker
Lol, I wonder if Hino called him and made him to do it? He looked so reluctant :laugh: Anyways, I hope all of them donated at least a little for the cause :yes:

Just wishing him to have in 2018 olympics dream LP performance that he wanted in Sochi :agree:
I second this. Whatever he chooses to do, I just hope he accomplishes all that he wants and live without regrets. ;)

won0066

On the Ice
Bravo! :clap:

Do you hear him sigh before he pour water over his head?? That's soooo cute~~~! :laugh:

Its very cute. ALS charity aside, and hoping lots of Yuzu fans will donate, he's probably wondering why so many people would get such a kick out of him pouring a bucket of water over his head. Hahaha....he's a good sport for doing it.