Yuzuru Hanyu: 2016-17 Season | Page 104 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2016-17 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elaine666

Final Flight
Well outside of runthrough he landed 7 out of 10 but before that he popped it 3 times. Within runthrough he land once in SP and once in FP, then fell once in SP, so it depends on how you look at it. It does look like the overall success rate is 70% but if you count the pops too it is roughly 50-60%, so i think it is a matter of perspective. (This is solely based on the information on his open practice day)

Success rate during practice doesn't always mean success rate during competiton, Didn't Yuzuru said during olympic season the success rate of his 4S is about 70-90% but he barely land them in competition? But at the same time, I don't know, I have this feeling he would not struggle with 4Lo as much as 4S during 12/13 and 13/14 seasons. :think:

I feel the same way. It's only been a season for him to improve the GOE of 4S from -3 to +3 (I would award +5:love:), and his 4S has been quite consistent over last season. That's being said, once he finds the trick, he nails it. I am going to SCAC and SC this year so I would have my finger crossed for that 50% of success rate:laugh:

mcq

Record Breaker
I feel the same way. It's only been a season for him to improve the GOE of 4S from -3 to +3 (I would award +5:love:), and his 4S has been quite consistent over last season. That's being said, once he finds the trick, he nails it. I am going to SCAC and SC this year so I would have my finger crossed for that 50% of success rate:laugh:

OH how lovely! :luv17: You are going to see the debut of his programs, live!! :biggrin:

Do share with us later about your experience seeing him skate live at AC and SC later and what you think about the programs in person. :biggrin: I don't expect him to be perfect on his first competition, but I do hope it is a decent debut :) Best of luck to Yuzuru and have a good time there Elaine! :agree:

Lambari

Final Flight
Irrevelant but, even though I can't remember much, this night I dreamt that Yuzuru was my new Pharmacology teacher and that I choreographed Maria Sotkova's new programs lol what. He might be better than my current one though because well ...Basically anyone can be :dbana:
My first figure skating related dream in years I think (?) I'm not sure. Can't beat that one dream that was posted here before though. It was a fairly normal dream for my standards. :laugh:

Last edited:

YuzusHydroblade

Match Penalty
Irrevelant but, even though I can't remember much, this night I dreamt that Yuzuru was my new Farmacology teacher and that I choreographed Maria Sotkova's new programs lol what. He might be better than my current one though because well ...Basically anyone can be :dbana:
My first figure skating related dream in years I think (?) I'm not sure. Can't beat that one dream that was posted here before though. It was a fairly normal dream for my standards. :laugh:

I would go back to school if Hanyu was my teacher haha. I would bribe him with Pooh merchandise
Edit: And headphones. I forgot the headphones

Rissa

Record Breaker
Thank you Alia! I hope, though, he won't wear a pinkish costume.

omg, I love the #1 pinkish costume... well, maybe not the pinkish part but the design:luv17: Right up my alley, but for the LP, not the SP. The last one, black, would look greazt for SP. Actually, something along the lines Yuzuru's White Legend costume would look great for SP, just darker.

Biellmann

Match Penalty
there you go ;)

:hap57:

I just watched Seimei at NHK to remind myself what he is capable of. At NHK it was the first time he skated it clean, it was something special. I hope we Will see at least one clean skate this season :yay: :cheer:

Status
Not open for further replies.