Yuzuru Hanyu | Page 247 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu

DizzyFrenchie

Record Breaker
The guest artists for Fantasy on Ice 2024 have been announced:
https://twitter.com/Fantasy_on_Ice/status/1773636545506927085?ref_url=

I confess that I don't know them, but TMRevolution has, among others, sung for very well known animes, and has worn such costumes as to, on the one hand, inspire fanartists imagining him skating in one of these (but I'm hesitating, shall I post these pictures here?) and on the other hand, give worries as to the possibility of a General Public rating of Fantasy on Ice if he does...

Yuu san is half Spanish, will he collaborate with Javier Fernández?

Arigato

Final Flight
Country
United-States
And here's the short version of the Yuzu Citizen ad, equally awesome :love:

Jesus H, what a great ad! Excellent camera work and editing. Is there a full version? My browser blocks twitter trackers so I can't see anything posted from X/twitter. Thankfully that short version was a YouTube video.

Btw, he's speaking Chinese. I didn't realize they were targeting the Chinese market with this.

Magill

Record Breaker
Jesus H, what a great ad! Excellent camera work and editing. Is there a full version? My browser blocks twitter trackers so I can't see anything posted from X/twitter. Thankfully that short version was a YouTube video.

Btw, he's speaking Chinese. I didn't realize they were targeting the Chinese market with this.
This is so very true, the ad is simply amazing. Citizen revealed they have sent a crew of 40 (!) people to Sendai to shoot it with Yuzuru. The ad was received so enthusiastically they have even revealed the names of very people who created it. But they did it on Twitter so no use for you :)
And yes, it is mainly for Chinese market as Yuzu is their Brand Ambassador for China (and I think, South East Asia or some parts of it, too, including Hong Kong, Taiwan, some more but I can't remember now exactly which countries). Still, as you can hear below, Yuzu says the last sentence in the full version in English, so yes, I think they have been pretty well aware the ad was going to go viral and interest in it was going to be global.
I haven't seen the full version on YouTube yet but if you can see Instagram, here it comes (still you need to click on it to start it running and turn the sound on to hear it). Please let me know if it works for you.

Arigato

Final Flight
Country
United-States
This is so very true, the ad is simply amazing. Citizen revealed they have sent a crew of 40 (!) people to Sendai to shoot it with Yuzuru. The ad was received so enthusiastically they have even revealed the names of very people who created it. But they did it on Twitter so no use for you :)
And yes, it is mainly for Chinese market as Yuzu is their Brand Ambassador for China (and I think, South East Asia or some parts of it, too, including Hong Kong, Taiwan, some more but I can't remember now exactly which countries). Still, as you can hear below, Yuzu says the last sentence in the full version in English, so yes, I think they have been pretty well aware the ad was going to go viral and interest in it was going to be global.
I haven't seen the full version on YouTube yet but if you can see Instagram, here it comes (still you need to click on it to start it running and turn the sound on to hear it). Please let me know if it works for you.

It worked great. Thanks a million!

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
The guest artists for Fantasy on Ice 2024 have been announced:
https://twitter.com/Fantasy_on_Ice/status/1773636545506927085?ref_url=

I confess that I don't know them, but TMRevolution has, among others, sung for very well known animes, and has worn such costumes as to, on the one hand, inspire fanartists imagining him skating in one of these (but I'm hesitating, shall I post these pictures here?) and on the other hand, give worries as to the possibility of a General Public rating of Fantasy on Ice if he does...

Yuu san is half Spanish, will he collaborate with Javier Fernández?

TMR are apparently huge in Japan (and fan artists have already been making {ahem} suggestions for costumes based on the anime characters in their shows :laugh:
Jesus H, what a great ad!
Ever since the ELLE photoshoot, camera work with yuzu has been rocketing in beauty and quality, both video (ads and BTS footage) and still photography, he's unearthly photogenic, they know it, they know their work will be gorgeous and get enormous coverage.

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
By the way, yesterday was the anniversary of that iconic Romeo and Juliet at Worlds 2012, the 17-year-old Yuzuru's first of seven Worlds medals - the most for any male skater since Jan Hoffman. And a foretaste of all the magic to come...

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
And today is the anniversary of the greatest free skate of all time in 2017...

People who like to denigrate Yuzuru as only some sort of overhyped 'idol' should take a look at historical fact: even with the lack of support in a politics driven sport, his competitive record is something else and I am putting it here for later reference...

- the back to back OGMs of course
- 7 world medals, more - along with Jan Hoffman - than any skater in the post-WW2 era
- 21 international medals, including the 4 consecutive GPFs: along with Shoma (who has less gold), the most of any skater in the IJS era
- number 1 in men's rankings for five consecutive seasons, the most of any man in the IJS era and he was the youngest when first reaching number 1 (19 years, 111 days).
- 19 world records, the most in singles skating under IJS and including the 2018 historicals and the iconic centuries: he was the one who broke 100, 200 and 300 first
- the only career golden super slam, and the only triple crown since Yagudin's.
- the first quad loop
- 30 (count 'em) perfect scores for technical elements and program components

And that's just the mosts, firsts and bests :biggrin:

A lot of world-class skaters would kill for even a fraction of that. And he's only getting started on being the GOAT in his new profession.

Last edited:

Magill

Record Breaker
That was a wonderful journey down the memory lane!
Now, back to today, here are Yuzuru's comments addressing (mainly) Chinese fans on the occasion of the Citizen watch launch and the accompanying ad campaign (translations in the posts' descriptions)

Magill

Record Breaker
And here's the amazing Citizen ad with English subtitles.
As it comes from Twitter and not everyone will be able to see it, I transcribed the translation so you can know what is being said while watching a version without subtitles, that's all I can do
"Right leg forward / 360° / 720° / 1620° / Has everything come to an end? / Heading to it by burning your life / To be your own role model / From here we start / From here we vow / We return to the starting point again and again / Warriors shall keep going forward / You have the ability to go through every hardship / You have things that you want to express / You have your never ending dream to dream / Miracle may happen in the next moment / Release your power just like the sun
(Now Yuzuru speaking: ) Axel always faces forward / So do you! / Better starts now."

Magill

Record Breaker
With Yuzu Citizen promo video going truly viral, his earlier amazing photoshoots are being brought back for the public to remember and admire once again :)
Yuzuru's striking Red Magma costume itself and the photos of him wearing it at the August 2023 AERA photoshoot are on the window display at the Tokyo headquarters of Asahi Shimbun, Japan's leading newspaper, for all the visitors to admire and enjoy :love:

DizzyFrenchie

Record Breaker
With Yuzu Citizen promo video going truly viral, his earlier amazing photoshoots are being brought back for the public to remember and admire once again :)
Yuzuru's striking Red Magma costume itself and the photos of him wearing it at the August 2023 AERA photoshoot are on the window display at the Tokyo headquarters of Asahi Shimbun, Japan's leading newspaper, for all the visitors to admire and enjoy :love:

He's so regal in this outfit!
Here's a photo of the display, for Arigato and those who don't get Twitter posts:
GKHYIgzbIAAyfar