Yuzuru Hanyu | Page 266 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu

Magill

Record Breaker
I would be very pleased with the idea, but I wonder, because I don't know if it would lead me to play video games... I've never been into anything else than Tetris or bubbles or the like, also solitary and mind-jong, and it was long ago. I believe that many of those who now love RE_PRAY, had never heard about the games featured previously, and are not very much into the games themselves at the moment, except for what relates to RE_PRAY, which by the way is a great achievement (bringing us to love this show with a theme/medium so unknown).
Of course, a number of real gamers are now Hanyu fans, or would be interested in such a game, but how many of them? If Yuzuru Hanyu does it though, I'm sure that he will succeed.
This is true. The world of games is pretty foreign to me. Still I love the way Yuzu has been using the game environment as a metaphore allowing him to dig deeper and make some pretty amazing statements in Re_Pray. Being a stranger to this world did not prevent me from appreciating it, although I guess there are many more sophisticated aspects we cannot see and which are more difficult for us to appreciate not being familiar with the games themselves.
But the music, wow! I never realized there was so much so great music made for games. That was a real surprise!

Magill

Record Breaker
Just a kind reminder this is the last effective day of Re_Pray availability on Beyond for those who have access !
Although we may have high hopes Re_Pray will shortly follow Notte Stellata 2023, Prologue and GIFT to Blue Ray and DVD, and maybe even more based on Yuzuru's gentle hints at the final of the last show, that maybe, someday, somewhere.,.. still the last moment for binge watching this masterpiece today making it a Marathon Monday indeed :whistle:

DizzyFrenchie

Record Breaker
This is true. The world of games is pretty foreign to me. Still I love the way Yuzu has been using the game environment as a metaphore allowing him to dig deeper and make some pretty amazing statements in Re_Pray. Being a stranger to this world did not prevent me from appreciating it, although I guess there are many more sophisticated aspects we cannot see and which are more difficult for us to appreciate not being familiar with the games themselves.
But the music, wow! I never realized there was so much so great music made for games. That was a real surprise!
Most of the best composers nowadays, compose, often chiefly, for movies (including anime), and for video games. I was at a conference given by Witold Lutoslawski (there wasn't real music in video games, I think) who said that at the beginning, and still sometimes, compositors would perceived movies as a kind of alimentary activity, as opposed to "serious composing", I would say that it was a bit the same for ballets until Tchaikovsky, then it gradually changed, maybe with producers needing to differentiate with quality and allowing more to composers? If Toby Fox, who expressed his admiration for Yuzuru Hanyu, could tell us...

DizzyFrenchie

Record Breaker
Just a kind reminder this is the last effective day of Re_Pray availability on Beyond for those who have access !
Although we may have high hopes Re_Pray will shortly follow Notte Stellata 2023, Prologue and GIFT to Blue Ray and DVD, and maybe even more based on Yuzuru's gentle hints at the final of the last show, that maybe, someday, somewhere.,.. still the last moment for binge watching this masterpiece today making it a Marathon Monday indeed :whistle:

I too really hope "more from RE_PRAY", at least DVDs and Blu-Rays, but I confess that I'm not expecting them for this year.

And the Credits video has passed 900,000 views! And counting, of course. I tend to expect it to reach the million views rather soon. Maybe earlier than Goliath, which progresses slowlier?

DizzyFrenchie

Record Breaker
Today there were also the results of the lottery to be able to order the limited edition boxes of the GIFT DVDs and Blu-Rays. I don't know how was the lottery for the DVDs, because they "only" contain nice boxes and a hoodie, but the lottery for the Blu-Ray boxes, which had a keychain with a handmade glass bottle containing original melted water from the GIFT one-off ice rink at Tokyo Dome, seems to have been a bloodbath, given the number of "annihilation" posts (it's a fan term to say that one has lost at a lottery, usually to be able to buy tickets for a show) on everybody's timelines, with very few posts from lucky winners, and also given the result of this poll on Twitter:
https://twitter.com/dollhanyu/status/1784875899352952853?ref_url=

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Here, Messenger of Darkness becomes Messenger of Annihilation to bring the bad news of a fail at the lottery:
https://twitter.com/pohrin_s/status/1784896906176422006?ref_url=

Oooooh, spooky. It's pretty damn amazing how many people obviously applied for a bit of water in a bottle (oh, and the discs as well :biggrin:)

CVDance is a ballet school in Kansas City, where much revolves around Yuzuru Hanyu and his programs, many fans already know them.
The school manager got tickets for Fantasy on Ice and they are going to travel there, and if I understand correctly, mean well to visit Sendai too:
Wow! Their reports should be amazing...

DizzyFrenchie

Record Breaker
Oooooh, spooky. It's pretty damn amazing how many people obviously applied for a bit of water in a bottle (oh, and the discs as well :biggrin:)

Wow! Their reports should be amazing...
But the discs themselves are much cheaper to buy, to ship and for customs (for international buyers). And they don't need a lottery!

Magill

Record Breaker
Simply beautiful...

Strikingly beautiful indeed. It is just such an amazing moment when a real life scene looks like a glorious canvas painting and it is striking a deep deep chord in us. Re_Pray with its great narrative is also built of these tiny perfect moments when you just want to stop, breathe and drink it all in. I am so grateful to Yuzuru for creating it, really.

DizzyFrenchie

Record Breaker
If you are planning a visit to Sendai, you are likely to be eligible to a visa fee waiving:
https://twitter.com/yuzuspiration/status/1785262981342781692?ref_url=

At first, I thought that it was because the Japanese wish of welcoming more tourists was conflicting with the saturation of some most touristic sites (such as the Gion neighbourhood in Kyoto), the solution being that tourists choose to visit other places in Japan, but they say, and the choice of the prefectures (Miyagi, Fukushima and Iwate, the most affected by the earthquake) confirms, that this is an initiative to work for the reconstruction of Tohoku. This must be heartwarming to Yuzuru Hanyu.

Magill

Record Breaker
Yuzu, Gucci and GQ - more photos are here! As great and classy as ever! A truly new take on the man in his suit :love::love::love:
(hope DIzzie will approve this time ...) :)

DizzyFrenchie

Record Breaker