Yuzuru Hanyu | Page 269 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu

DizzyFrenchie

Record Breaker
Teasers for Notte Stellata 2024 behind-the-scenes to be broadcast on News Every Monday May 6 are here, too!

Here's the TikTok:

I read that NewsEvery would post the Notte Stellata 2024 behind-the-stage broadcast on their Youtube channel, some time after the broadcast, as they usually do.

DizzyFrenchie

Record Breaker
TV Asahi also reminds us of the "Fantasy on Ice 2023 in Makuhari Marathon" on Monday May 6th from 7am, with ALL THREE WHOLE SHOWS broadcast one after the other:
https://twitter.com/tvasahi_cs/status/1785949893699461498

How funny that they chose that (infamous) psychedelic bin remover top from that Tour A group number for the photo!
This is also a reminder of what David Wilson can ask an Ice Dancer with Ice Dance blades to skate... :laugh:

I don't dare to post more announcements or recalls tonight, we may be overwhelmed. We are so spoiled!
I'm posting again Marika_yuzu's May calendar, not complete:
https://twitter.com/marika_yuzu/status/1785323491795059160?ref_url=

Magill

Record Breaker
Hi guys, here's the deal - someone made a claim that at age 10 Yuzu predicted he would win the Olympics at 19 and 23. Do any of you recall him saying that?
Yes, that was amazing, there is a video of him as a child saying he wants to win the Olympics and he wants to do it not once, but twice! I don't remember if he clarified the dates but they were sort of obvious from his age. Was he 10 then? I don't know exactly but sort of. I will try to find the video when I have more time, I tried now but it is not easy to find, still I remember having seen it a couple of times in various compilation videos :) He also mentioned it many times later that winning two Olympics was his "plan" since he was a child :)
Technically it is not predicting, but stating an intention, but you just had to see the confidence the kid was speaking with . Complete faith!
I guess this is what they refer to.
Also in one of his recent interviews he mentioned that after falling in the free skate in Sochi he was worried that failing to win that gold in Sochi would make it difficult for him to win twice due to his age! I found the vision of 19-year old Yuzu worrying backstage in Sochi he might end up winning OGM only once, in Korea - well, pretty hilarious
But, yes, there is also an interview of Brian Orser who recalled Yuzu did present to him winning OGM in Sochi and Korea as his plan pretty early on in their cooperation. And yes, the way Brian recalled it, he did specify which Olympics this time,

Last edited:

DizzyFrenchie

Record Breaker
Yes, that was amazing, there is a video of him as a child saying he wants to win the Olympics and he wants to do it not once, but twice! I don't remember if he clarified the dates but they were sort of obvious from his age. Was he 10 then? I don't know exactly but sort of. I will try to find the video when I have more time, I tried now but it is not easy to find, still I remember having seen it a couple of times in various compilation videos :) He also mentioned it many times later that winning two Olympics was his "plan" since he was a child :)
Technically it is not predicting, but stating an intention, but you just had to see the confidence the kid was speaking with . Complete faith!
I guess this is what they refer to.
Also in one of his recent interviews he mentioned that after falling in the free skate in Sochi he was worried that failing to win that gold in Sochi would make it difficult for him to win twice due to his age! I found the vision of 19-year old Yuzu worrying backstage in Sochi he might end up winning OGM only once, in Korea - well, pretty hilarious
But, yes, there is also an interview of Brian Orser who recalled Yuzu did present to him winning OGM in Sochi and Korea as his plan pretty early on in their cooperation. And yes, the way Brian recalled it, he did specify which Olympics this time,
I too am not absolutely sure that he was 10 when he first stated on TV that he'd win Olympic Gold, but for sure he wasn't 12 yet. And I know that very soon after, he had said that he would win it twice, but I don't remember the interview. We can suppose that these TV interviews were not his first announcements of course.
Here he's way older and already Junior World Champion at only 15, but there's an interview from 2006, when he was 11 where he mentioned specifically Sochi:

Last edited:

Arigato

Final Flight
Country
United-States
I too am not absolutely sure that he was 10 when he first stated on TV that he'd win Olympic Gold, but for sure he wasn't 12 yet. And I know that very soon after, he had said that he would win it twice, but I don't remember the interview. We can suppose that these TV interviews were not his first announcements of course.
Here he's way older and already Junior World Champion at only 15, but there's an interview from 2006, when he was 11 where he mentioned specifically Sochi:

Impressive dedication and focus starting at such a young age. Not to mention, his candor. Great stuff here, thanks for posting.

DizzyFrenchie

Record Breaker
Impressive dedication and focus starting at such a young age. Not to mention, his candor. Great stuff here, thanks for posting.
I must say that I preferred so much when his main (and real) rival was Patrick Chan who would say "this time he was the best, but next time..." and Yuzuru Hanyu would say "Patrick Chan is the Sun, I must surpass the Sun", which to me speak sports so much, rather than what PR companies/agents who seem to have no idea of what competition is, make today's athletes say, like, we're all friends, I wish my competitors to win... which screams falsity. I'm not speaking of athletes whose aim is at best to reach the Free Skate at championships, I'm speaking of World podium contenders: who can believe them?

DizzyFrenchie

Record Breaker
There are so many Fantasy on Ice broadcast scheduled, that we may forget some. So, as already announced, on Monday from 7am (Japan time, this will be the night in Europe and Sunday afternoon and evening in Americas), all three shows from Makuhari 2023 (it was tour A, so Yuzuru Hanyu's collaboration program was If, with Da Pump) will be broadcast as previously announced.

Now, Fantasy on Ice 2024. Both stops of Tour A (Yuzuru Hanyu isn't participating in Tour B this year) will have one show streamed live:
https://twitter.com/tvasahi_cs/status/1785549774835642757

Then, for Aichi stop (Nagoya), a delayed broadcast in July is already planned:
https://twitter.com/entermeitele/status/1785549719529508871