2014 Trophée Eric Bompard Ladies SP 11/21 | Page 26 | Golden Skate

2014 Trophée Eric Bompard Ladies SP 11/21

SXTN

Final Flight
Why does Julia get high PCS? Higher PCS than Mao in the Olympics and even close to Yuna or Carolina?

Even in comparison to Radionova, Edmunds or anybody else, it looks like Julia is walking over the ice. No skating, no gliding at all. In addition, every single movement looks laboured. Small, tiny jumps.I give her the spins though.

cptnhastings

On the Ice
Can anyone explain why Yulia got negative GOE on her flip? :confused:

A couple people on a prior page said that they likely factored in the lack of steps into the jump. I was confused too at the range in GOEs for that so went hunting for answers in here.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
OK, sorry that this probably doesn't relate to whatever you are discussing, but I haven't watched the competition yet. So, I'm not reading the thread until I do.

OMG!!! OMG!!! OMG!!! :shocked:

You know that "Good luck" message I posted for Anna on Facebook the other day. Well, she's only gone and posted the picture to her Instagram!!! :shocked:

http://instagram.com/p/vq76FgLYhI/

When I was making it, I was hoping she would appreciate it. But I really wasn't expecting her to do this! :shocked:

Thank you Anna!!! :bow:

CaroLiza_fan

Yer cute when you swoon. Yay you!
:cheer:

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
OK, sorry that this probably doesn't relate to whatever you are discussing, but I haven't watched the competition yet. So, I'm not reading the thread until I do.

You know that "Good luck" message I posted for Anna on Facebook the other day. Well, she's only gone and posted the picture to her Instagram!!! :shocked:

When I was making it, I was hoping she would appreciate it. But I really wasn't expecting her to do this! :shocked:

CaroLiza_fan

Wooohooo congrats! :)

They are only starting to show Eurosport on TV just now, can anyone tell me when did they see Alba again?

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
A couple people on a prior page said that they likely factored in the lack of steps into the jump. I was confused too at the range in GOEs for that so went hunting for answers in here.

What I'm surprised about though is that the judges actually marked her down for it, her being a popular skater. With V/T and Mao we've seen them two-foot throws/jumps and get +GOE.

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
Wooohooo congrats! :)

They are only starting to show Eurosport on TV just now, can anyone tell me when did they see Alba again?

I saw her on yt after Stolbova/Klimov's skate. She mentioned her appearance there in Julia's fan thread. I'm not sure about anywhere else, but I'll be on the lookout for her when I re-watch the performances tonight :laugh:

Isabel_O'Reilly

Final Flight
In K&C Yulia said: "At least I won't be skating the last tomorrow" :cheer2:
I like that girl's sense of humour :cheer:

I think it's good because did you notice the two times she had to skate last because she was in the lead (RC ahead of Carolina and COC ahead of Elizaveta) she had meltdowns. She seems to skate better as long as she's within a few points of the lead.

jkun

Final Flight

I think she has plenty enough steps to avoid the "no-steps" penalty...

Icey

Record Breaker
I like Ashley's costume; it's very reminiscent of a "Chloe" dress that was very popular. I don't find her plump. I wish someone would costume Julia better; she's so much better than her costume imo. The Top appears fuschia and the bottom Red, it basically clashes. They could get the youthful/Sailor/Schoolgirl gist with something more worthy of her talent and more flattering.

Odd because the red stripes in the top and the red in the skirt look the same to me.

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
Wow finally watched Meite's SP on Eurosport, I really enjoyed it. Massive jumper, great music edit, why no love from the judges? I want her to continue and encore to 'freedom'

Icey

Record Breaker

Would that be a basis for giving it a negative goe? Maybe 0 or small +, but imo not a negative.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Yulia usually has a solid 3f but this one today had a bobble on the landing. Similar to that of under rotated jumps. Maybe some judges thought it was UR and the tech panel did not. I don't think it was myself but there was a bobble for sure. Watch the one she did at CoC. It was waaaaay better.

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
Judges will give Yulia no mercy from now on, that's what I feel. She skated in principle the same as in China and got 3 points less. Will be hard to fight with Radionova tomorrow. Still if they both are clean they will win with an at least 10 point margin over anyone else.

Well, if her flip was in fact worse than in China then it is business as usual.

Last edited:

Pamigena

Record Breaker

CaroLiza_fan
you probably don't want to hear this, but you're adorable :biggrin: