2015 Nebelhorn Trophy General Chat | Page 50 | Golden Skate

2015 Nebelhorn Trophy General Chat

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
So pleased for Elladj that he won! His FS was exquisite.

Max can still be pretty happy with this in the knowledge that silver is not a bad start to the year and he knows what went wrong.

And good ol' Silver Fox Menshov still hanging around :yes:

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
A Canadian man winning an international event not named Patrick Chan? When did this last happen? :unsure:

Well, this is not a major event but I'm very happy for Elladj. Always a wonderful performer and he keeps improving, adding the quad last season and now breaking through internationally at 24. Big congrats, Elladj!

Waiting to see him on top of the podium.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Well folks, it's five minutes to six, the sun is up over the horizon (blasted daylight savings not starting for another week) and I'm going to have a kip and see if I can catch another couple hours of sleep.

Good morning!

Sorrento

Record Breaker
I may be the only person in the world but I don't like Max Aaron's LP. When he was skating I couldn't help but comparing him with the previous big success of Philip Mills- Tatsuki Machida. Machida wasn't my favorite but he made every move look like the ballet one, he streched his every finger and every toe, his back and overall posture were lot more impressive. I did not see any of those in Max's skate today. He does not understand his body, does not know how to dress in order to make a better presentation. I still believe he has a long way to skate until he could be marked as an artistically convincing skater. He sure can deliver it technically but his presentation leaves a lot to desire.

Last edited:

Sophie-Anna

Medalist
I didn't watch this FS live, I was watching JGP in Poland but I was following results, this thread and twitter and from what I saw Elladj must've skated pretty great. I will for sure watch the videos later. I am very happy for him, I follow his skating since 2012 Skate Canada and I like his personality a lot.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
I may be the only person in the world but I don't like Max Aaron's LP. When he was skating I couldn't help but comparing him with the previous big success of Philip Mills- Tatsuki Machida. Machida wasn't my favorite but he made every move look like the ballet one, he streched his every finger and every toe, his back and overall posture were lot more impressive. I did not see any of those in Max's skate today. He does not understand his body, does not know how to dress in order to make a better presentation. I still believe he has a long way to skate until he could be marked as an artistically convincing skater. he sure can deliver it technically but his presentation leaves a lot to desire.

Hmm, I didn't love it, but I think it's far better than that generic Nessun Dorma that everyone found so "artistic"...I give Max props for trying though. It's not really fair to expect him to turn into Machida, and he's only been working with Philip for a short time.

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Kind of amazing that someone who has never even medaled at a Canadian Nationals wins an international event. And lets face it it's not like there were tons of great skaters in Canadian Men's in the last 4 years keeping him off the podium.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
I would like to gush over Eladj, but he doesn't have his own fan fest. Well... Congratulations, Eladj! That was beautiful SP & LP, you deserve the gold :cheer:

tulosai

Record Breaker
I would like to gush over Eladj, but he doesn't have his own fan fest. Well... Congratulations, Eladj! That was beautiful SP & LP, you deserve the gold :cheer:

A lot of the skaters have fan fests and some are quite neglected... you should totally go over there and show him some love!:love:

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker

Do we have a Canadian men's thread?

I agree he deserves some gushing. I really do enjoy him and I hope he can keep the momentum going from this.

Sorrento

Record Breaker
It's not really fair to expect him to turn into Machida, and he's only been working with Philip for a short time.
Max will never turn into Machida. Neither he will turn into Carolina Kostner who his coach mentioned as an example. He just can't be a balletic skater to me. They just try to build the impossible when they could just find the body voice of his own.