2015 Nebelhorn Trophy General Chat | Page 55 | Golden Skate

2015 Nebelhorn Trophy General Chat

gravy

¿No ven quién soy yo?
Record Breaker
Maybe I'm stuck in some COP of the past, but isn't the choreographic sequence supposed to be after the step sequence?

Dr. Jenn

Medalist
Ok. The illusion mesh. Why? The dress would stay up just fine with some straps- it was good enough for Sasha and Michelle. There is no reason for full sleeves of illusion mesh. Why is that a thing now, it just looks bad. :scowl: Less is more, people, less is more.

Agreed!! The illusion mesh wasn't a great match for her skin tone either, which is a big no-no.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Kailani CRAINE (AUS)

Music: Romeo and Juliet (Kissing You, O Verona)

White long-sleeve off-the-shoulder dress, grey straps

3F
3Lz+2T - e
3Lo+2Lo
FSSp
ChSq
2Lz - e, twofoot. <
2A+2Lo+2T
3Lo - hand down
2A - landed, maybe <
CCoSp3p
StSq
LSp

She has good energy, just needs to polish everything up

FS: 46.86+47.30 = 94.16 (SB), 144.58 (PB), 2/9

Last edited:

tulosai

Record Breaker
Well, after just one seasons of literally everyone having had the exact same idea about using a 'new' R&J arrangement, I am already sick to death of this one...

Very good skate though!

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
I actually don't mind her costume :) I think her skating actually has some really pleasant qualities,but perhaps this music wasn't the best choice for her...

The dress part of the dress was beautiful, but why the 'invisible' sleeves? I just don't get it.

Dr. Jenn

Medalist
That was a pretty decent skate for Kailani, other than a few jumping issues - although I'm guessing that several of her jumps will be reviewed. I really liked the program. It was nice to see her range and connection to the music. I find her a very enjoyable skater to watch. :)

gravy

¿No ven quién soy yo?
Record Breaker
"It's interesting how these skating classics always keep coming up."

Translation:

"Why the hell do all these skaters keep insisting on choosing warhorses."

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Karoliina LUHTONEN (FIN)

Music: Maleficent - Once Upon a Dream by Lana Del Rey; Maleficent - The Christening by James Newton Howard; Clair Voyant by Two Steps from Hell

Black long-sleeve dress, shredded skirt

2A
3Lz+3T - twofoot, stepout/hand down, looked 3T<<
2Lo
3F+2T+2Lo - fall
StSq
FCSp
2F
2Lz
2S+2T
ChSq
CCoSp3p
LSp

Lots of double jumps, I guess she doesn't have the easier triples?

FS: 37.81+39.60-1.00 = 76.41, 125.00, 5/10

Last edited:

tulosai

Record Breaker
I actually really like this new Finnish skater for some reason... I hope we'll be able to see her again this season.

Dr. Jenn

Medalist
That was a rough skate by Karoliina. She seemed very slow, and the program was really empty. I just did not see the level of commitment this type of music requires.

tulosai

Record Breaker
Karoliina LUHTONEN (FIN)

Lots of double jumps, I guess she doesn't have the easier triples?

I think she probably has them in theory but they weren't working out for her today... or maybe they just don't work out for her most of the time, it's hard to know without having ever seen her before :)