Best comeback of the season | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Best comeback of the season

Osmond4gold

Record Breaker
What does it have to do with comebacks?
What comments were made? (The originals in russian were pretty much constatation of facts.
But then, i guess i wouldnt compare those two, as imho both T in V/T and D in D/R are equally classless. At least transkov doesnt make weird hand gestures while skating =P

moreil,

There is a huge difference in a person who shows excitement and passion for the sport, versus a person who publicly degradates another, based on their perception of physical features. Maxim's comments were disgusting and have no relevance in this sport.

Bruno Marcotte must have extraordinary self control, as if someone said such vile things about my wife, a good old schmuck in the face, would be a start!

Last edited:
I think Chan made a good start. His results were uneven, but he was awe-inspiring at Skate Canada, Canadian Nations, and Four Continents. I don't think he needs to try to out-quad the quadsters. IMHO his mind set should be, "You got yours, I got mine. Let's get it on."

gmyers

Record Breaker
Trankov criticized d/r's skating. D/r attacked trankov personally. There no comparison. There is no defending d/r.

gmyers

Record Breaker
I believe when he was commentator last year for Russian TV, he made very disparaging remarks about Meagan & Eric style, and went on to talk about appearance. The man has no class. Respect should always be given to your fellow competitors.

Meagan IMO, is the hardest working female skater today both on and off the ice, and she and Eric are so deserving of their wins.

She has no class. Attacking trankov personally. Not based on anything in skating or aesthetics.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
sure but he is saving another quad for next year ;)
I think Chan made a good start. His results were uneven, but he was awe-inspiring at Skate Canada, Canadian Nations, and Four Continents. I don't think he needs to try to out-quad the quadsters. IMHO his mind set should be, "You got yours, I got mine. Let's get it on."

Osmond4gold

Record Breaker
She has no class. Attacking trankov personally. Not based on anything in skating or aesthetics.

Again gymers, you are mistaken...go back and do some research before posting inaccurate statements, disguised as facts.

karlowens2

On the Ice
Best comeback? Pogorilaya! If Gracie was embarssed by the 2 mistakes imagine what Anna must of felt after those horrible skaes this season. All sequins and chiffon rolling around on the ice. Sometimes face down. Ice cracker Anna they called her. I would have run out of the arena and taken the rest of the season off. She showed great courage to keep at it and fix whatrever was causing that.

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
I read some FS forums but I don't remember for those articles when Trankov really attacked Meagan on this way...

LRK

Record Breaker

So what is the fuss about? Trankov praised this, he criticized that. OK, maybe a slight undertone of, "We can beat these guys going away." :)

Or is the accuracy of the translation in question? Maybe he said something mean that was smoothed over in this transcript?

Osmond4gold

Record Breaker
Its just the opposite so you need to take your own advice.

I got my facts right, unlike someone who tried to excuse Maxim actions last year, insinuating that Meagan & Eric were having a mental meltdown (check your postings).

Meagan obvious knows and hears more than both of us, and said enough was enough with comments of height gaps, styles and body types ...to name a few. There's nothing you can do about what God gives you, but she has the right to want titles just like any other skater, or "classically" trained Russian Pair out there.

Obviously. it is working for them. :)

Last edited:

LRK

Record Breaker

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
I read from many people that the issue is that he said these things as a commentator and of course, if he were retired, that could be seen as his opinion but since he's still competing, it's not well received at all.

Last edited:

gmyers

Record Breaker
I got my facts right, unlike someone who tried to excuse Maxim actions last year, insinuating that Meagan & Eric were having a mental meltdown (check your postings).

Meagan obvious knows and hears more than both of us, and said enough was enough with comments of height gaps, styles and body types ...to name a few. There's nothing you can do about what God gives you, but she has the right to want titles just like any other skater, or "classically" trained Russian Pair out there.

Obviously. it is working for them. :)

You just are not getting the point of what is being said. She criticized him personally and his mental state he criticized nothing but skating relating things.

Osmond4gold

Record Breaker
You just are not getting the point of what is being said. She criticized him personally and his mental state he criticized nothing but skating relating things.

I am talking your words not anyone else, as you own them. :palmf: Read your previous posts from last year in your profile, where you questioned both D&R's mental state ....so inappropriate.

Last edited:

MaxSwagg

Match Penalty
This is absolutely outrageous! Max Trankov has NEVER mentioned let alone attacked Meagan Duhamel, and certainly not on a personal level. The only thing he has criticized is their skating, and it was JUST criticism. Everything he said is true and he's certainly more accomplished and talented than she. If I were him, I would demand a public apology for her blatant defamation on several occasions. He has NEVER said anything personal about any skater and the people who keep spreading these LIES...it's unconscionable! And of course they can never provide proof. Meagan Duhamel is a crybaby. I have first-hand experience with her as she clapped back because I made several critiques about her skating on social media. I responded right back to her and we kept going until she gave up. The fact that she can't take another person's criticism or opinion shows her mental state, as far as I'm concerned. Though I don't know her so I will giver her the benefit of the doubt; however she's shown herself in a very tactless light several times over compared to Maxim Trankov.

As far as comebacks are concerned:

1. Aliona (solely based on her efforts and name, NOT Massot's - got gifted several component points)
2. V/T (fairly consistent throughout the season with quality skating and performance, had to fight through injury)
3. Patrick (started strong, poor short program performances and the one time he did do it fairly well he bombed the FS for which I blame the ice; he also won 4CC and SC)
4. Mao (started strong, unfortunately got sick and didn't have enough time to recoup, though she won CoC and came third at NHK)

Last edited:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
why you would bother criticizing an athlete on social media is beyond me. Maxswagg... wow.

Last edited:

mrrice

Record Breaker
Random Alert!!!!!! As a former professional vocalist, I'd like to say that the end of American Idol and Ryan Seacrest is almost as exciting as meeting Maria Butyrskaya. Almost....I don't really mind American Idol. It's Ryan that I can't stand.