2016 Team Challenge Cup - Day 1 | Page 24 | Golden Skate

2016 Team Challenge Cup - Day 1

koatcue

Medalist
Country
Russia
Seriously do not like the MC. He is annoying and doesn't come of genuine. They should replace him. Yes, the skaters are there to win money, but do the organizers have to make it look so obvious?

So glad to see the crowd clapping for the skaters after they made mistakes because some of them look like they were about to give up.

Congrats team asia! Hope Boyang's wrist is okay.

Who is that? o_O

ice coverage

Record Breaker
got it... but then if you really want to avoid superfluous posts, just delete without a trace... i think the thumbs up feature allows up to concur without posting ;) in other words (will that make me redundant ??? LOL) when I see I have repeated something, I delete my post and give thumbs up to the similar post ;)

Fine with me that you do things your way. Meanwhile, I will continue to do things my way.

If you don't like how I do things, that is your problem -- not mine.

I was about to go back and re-edit my previous post to offer the following non-redundant (IMO) information for those who still have not grasped the rules.

But instead I will add it to this post.

The OP of this Day 1 thread and the OP of the Day 2 thread have complete explanations of the prize money for each day.

As others have said, no team results and no individual results from Friday carry over to Saturday. Nada.
Separate prize money for each day.

The only effect of Friday on Saturday is (emphasis added):

Day #2 – Saturday, April 23 evening – Team Challenge Cup – Ladies/Men

... The Team will decide which Skaters will skate in warm-up group one and two, with the final warm-up group featuring the top scoring Lady and Man from each team during Friday night’s short program. ...

Do they give $5000 each night for the highest score? ...

The emphasis of this event obviously is the team aspect.

On Saturday, bonus money for individual entries is only for the top pair in the FS and for the top ice dance couple in the FD.

No bonus money on Saturday for men and ladies.

... The Couples with the highest score in the TCC Pair Skating Free Skate and highest score in the TCC Free Dance will be recognized in-arena and receive an additional $5,000/athlete ($10,000 per couple).

Last edited:

Marin

"Efforts tell lies, but it will not be in vain."
Record Breaker
Sorry for my ignorence about this competition but will scores here and personal bests counted by ISU ?

NicoleH

On the Ice
Eek, this is why I think the Russian Fed should have sent other girls here, Elena has been competing non stop all season, I imagine the exhaustion really just crept in here
Evgenia has been competing all season too and she just gave another perfect skate. However, I also think Radio has been wonky and sloppy most of the season. Russian fed should have sent beautiful Anna here.

xibsuarz

Record Breaker
Evgenia has been competing all season too and she just gave another perfect skate. However, I also think Radio has been wonky and sloppy most of the season. Russian fed should have sent beautiful Anna here.

But it's not up to the Federation. The Captains nominated skaters and the fans voted for their faves. And Elena won. Evgenia ended up going as replacement for Liza who withdrew.

nolangoh

Steps and Spirals enthusiast
Record Breaker
Finally woke up and watched a few videos.

OH YES MY BABY SHOMA YOU DID IT!!!

Btw (some of) the ladies's score is just lol

Last edited:

NicoleH

On the Ice
But it's not up to the Federation. The Captains nominated skaters and the fans voted for their faves. And Elena won. Evgenia ended up going as replacement for Liza who withdrew.
The captain didn't know that Anna would do so well at the Worlds. Too bad Anna peaked so late.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Sorry for my ignorence about this competition but will scores here and personal bests counted bTy ISU ?

I think the answer is No, but I am not 100% sure.

WTT is an ISU competition (along with JGPs, GPs, and ISU Championships), so WTT scores are counted for PBs.

TCC is recognized by the ISU in the same way that lots of other international comps are recognized by the ISU.
But TCC is not in the same category as ISU events such as WTT.

TheGrandSophy

Record Breaker
I didn't bother getting up in the wee hours as I couldn't guarantee I'd get any decent stream to watch. Damn!!!!

Well done, Shoma! So proud of him! :love: :cheer:

sarama

Medalist
Ashley was great, she used to look a bit ''fake'' while doing this program, but tonight she was just spot-on:clap:. Marissa's dress must be really lucky 3/3 clean SPs while wearing it!
Shoma:bow:..... I don't know how he did it.... I hope he does it again

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
Basically, apart from Medvedeva (fabulous as always) and Rodeghiero, Team Europe bombed the Day 1. :laugh: :slink:

randomfan

Record Breaker
As usual, here is my personal ladies summary that I do all the time. One thing I'd like to say was that overall each of the top 5 ladies were overscored by at least a bit though.

1. Evgenia Medvedeva: No surprise with another lovely and enjoyable performance here. I really liked it! The score though...(sigh)...whether the scores here counts towards SBs or PBs or etc. or not, I (as always) have a big problem with the scores she receives, and I'll stop here since you all know what I'll say anyway. :slink:
2. Ashley Wagner: I loved the small improvisations throughout! The clapping in the camel spin, the "I can't hear you" part, and many more. I'm sad to say farewell to my favourite SP of the season. I do think her Worlds performance was a bit better though, so I'm not quite sure why the score was a point higher.
3. Satoko Miyahara: I predicted even before I saw the video that she'd get about 73 for a clean performance, and that's exactly what happened! :jaw: (my predictions game results are terrible but my personal predictions are great! :biggrin:). Again, it was good to see another great Firedance and I hope she carries this momentum into the FS too.
4. Gracie Gold: Overscored again, but expected. Nice thinking putting the 3T even after the lutz pop and not suffering what Rika got. After all the talk about her being ashamed, I really want her to skate well tomorrow and end the season on a strong note. Go, Gold Girl! :cheer:
5. Gabrielle Daleman: Like Ashley, her Worlds performance seemed better, but anyways, I like all the jazz and fun she puts into this program. I'm happy that now the base of her scores have increased by so much, so we'll be seeing higher scores from now on.
6. Elizabet Tursynbaeva: Yes! Finally she lands that lutz! The whole program felt more alive too, and a clean performance of it really impacts the enjoyment of it. :)
7. Roberta Rodeghiero: I like that she improved more on the performance aspect, but I'm still not into this program. Kudos to her for another clean skate, though!
8. Elena Radionova: Being the fighter that we all know, her fall on the improvised combo was for me both a shock (because she usually lands these) and not a shock (obviously because it's improv). Overall it wasn't a good skate at all, but I love that she kept going and sold that footwork along with the final spin.
9. Rika Hongo: I forgot about how mad I was about the new SP pop rule until now. I had many problems with it earlier this season (So Youn Park at Finlandia and Liza Tuk at Skate Canada) so I felt really bad for Rika here. If it wasn't for that stupid rule she would've not been in last. Again, good job for selling the footwork though.

So the SP results don't contribute at all to the FS other than determining the order? That's pretty odd.

Last edited:

sarama

Medalist
The Chinese part of team Asia is keeping their kiss and cry alive:clapper:.... I wish Wenjing were there even just to be a ''glorified cheerleader'' she was so entertaining last year at WTT

Klarnet

On the Ice
So the SP results don't contribute at all to the FS other than determining the order? That's pretty odd.

Because pairs/dance perform only FS, I guess. So the contribution of singles and pairs/dance into the final score to be even

Tyranid

Final Flight
Question of the day:

Has any non-asian skater gone through growth as well as Radionova did? Ever? Remember that she is still the most stable Russian woman on the senior scene since Irina Slutskaya and has the most major competition medals.

She can still earn 60+ even with a bad skate. Lets see how well Medvedeva does next season, Armenian (and Caucus women in general) aren't exactly known for being thin and lean.

/endrant.

solani

Record Breaker
Country
Austria
"Reaction from her teammates"
:laugh2:
I suppose it isn't exactly "healthy" competiton there. Anyway, Radionova has lost her ease and I hope for her that she'll get it back. Radionova without her ease for me is like an empty shell, I'm sorry to say that. And that shell is a very pretty lady, but only a mediocre figure skater. I hope that she'll be working on important things like posture and grace in the off season, I still think she could be great. She's very talented after all.
Medvedeva was flawless, skated like the WC she is. :thumbsup:
I didn't like Jason's bodysuit. I don't like those colors on him, but I'm being shallow and I liked his program.
And good skate from Roberta!
Shoma is a smart guy going for that 4F at TCC. He's making sure we won't forget im over the summer! ;)

angecinth

Rinkside
Despite shoma's very first remarkable 4f, I think his 4f is under rotated, can a jump like this get a bonus on goe in the gp next season?