Yuna Kim | Page 266 | Golden Skate

Yuna Kim

cooper

Medalist
I know this is Yuna's thread and that fact that her favorite Ice dance team won another OGM. Can anyone post links of Virtue/Moir's 2 programs? Or replay videos? Anyone?

rikaquegira

On the Ice
I know this is Yuna's thread and that fact that her favorite Ice dance team won another OGM. Can anyone post links of Virtue/Moir's 2 programs? Or replay videos? Anyone?
You can find it in the Olympic videos without spoilers (something like that) thread. I think most of them was in a website called rustube (or something like that)
Edit: it's rutube.ru

RABID

Final Flight
Some corruption that inevitably takes place in every Olympics. They're fools for specifically saying "dirty PyeongChang" and "worst Olympics ever", when most likely it just didn't affect them before.

Wish they'd stop tagging Yuna, not her fault. She knows first hand about corruption.

I find this head-slappingly ironic. I may be wrong but it is my belief that it is because of speed skating that Yuna had no support from her federation; that THEY are in the habit of saving all their influence, pressure and back room politicking for speed skating and (I'm going out on a limb here) that with a nod and a wink to the other federations they chose to deffer fighting for Yuna in favour of saving their ammunition for speed skating controversies of which there are way to many (can't stand the chaos of the sport; yuck). So essentially I am saying this is adding insult to injury to a sweet woman who doesn't deserve this kind of crap.

I find this head-slappingly ironic. I may be wrong but it is my belief that it is because of speed skating that Yuna had no support from her federation; that THEY are in the habit of saving all their influence, pressure and back room politicking for speed skating and (I'm going out on a limb here) that with a nod and a wink to the other federations they chose to deffer fighting for Yuna in favour of saving their ammunition for speed skating controversies of which there are way to many (can't stand the chaos of the sport; yuck). So essentially I am saying this is adding insult to injury to a sweet woman who doesn't deserve this kind of crap.

Agree with you. But I'm glad they didn't politick for her. Everything is her own. Everything. Nothing she's ever won can be accounted for by "politicking". She had to be perfect, and she was. Her drive is one for the ages.

Unfortunately it burned her out, and she never wants to skate again. Served them right.

The more I think about it, the more I am convinced that she is the best athlete ever.

lappo

Final Flight
Agree with you. But I'm glad they didn't politick for her. Everything is her own. Everything. Nothing she's ever won can be accounted for by "politicking". She had to be perfect, and she was. Her drive is one for the ages.

Unfortunately it burned her out, and she never wants to skate again. Served them right.

The more I think about it, the more I am convinced that she is the best athlete ever.

Amen to that! However, I haven't lose faith to see her in the Gala yet...I know, I'm helpless.

RABID

Final Flight

Areed. Any controversy surrounding ANY win by her was pretty much limited to how much she won by and nothing else and much of that was often little more than sour grapes.

jenm

The Last One Degree
Medalist

This. I can't blame Yuna for wanting out of FS forever. Sometimes your love for something can be overpowered by too many injustices. I blame corruption for draining one of the best athletes we have ever seen.

The reason why I hate Sochi results was not because Yuna won silver. If she would have won that in a fairer situation, it's more than okay. But the thing is, it was her last stage and they robbed her. It was more the injustice than the color of the medal. Seeing Hanyu and Tessa and Scott become two-time Olympic champions, I can't help but feel sad because Yuna should have been a two-time Oly champ as well and the first one in many many years at that.

Proxy

On the Ice
This. I can't blame Yuna for wanting out of FS forever. Sometimes your love for something can be overpowered by too many injustices. I blame corruption for draining one of the best athletes we have ever seen.

The reason why I hate Sochi results was not because Yuna won silver. If she would have won that in a fairer situation, it's more than okay. But the thing is, it was her last stage and they robbed her. It was more the injustice than the color of the medal. Seeing Hanyu and Tessa and Scott become two-time Olympic champions, I can't help but feel sad because Yuna should have been a two-time Oly champ as well and the first one in many many years at that.

Everyone knows the truth though. Some skaters have won more than one gold medal and it wasn't because they skated great, it was because the competition was a splatfest. Yuna had to be perfect every time she took the ice and she had 4 out of 4 clean skates in the Olympics. Nobody else does that.

Miss Ice

Let the sky fall~
Medalist
And thank you Yuna for bringing us a perfectly judged Olympics.

Yep, and also winning 2010 (and 2014, let's be honest) without any controverst or shade. <3

Someone posted that one of the TV coverages showed her in the audience??