2018-19 Russian Ladies' figure skating | Page 8 | Golden Skate

2018-19 Russian Ladies' figure skating

tars

Record Breaker
Anna Shcherbakova celebrates her 14th birthday today. :yay:

Time flies! :drama:

moriel

Record Breaker
Well... Hopefully this brings her PCS if nothing else. Although I really don't think Buyanova will be much of an actual improvement.

Yeah i dunno, it didnt look like Buianova brought any improvement to Elena Radionova.
IΒ΄m a bit meh about the move really, Chebotareva has more mushrooms to give

russianfan

Match Penalty
There was an interview with Lakernik, where among other things he said that he saw Kostornaya's 3A and he thinks that under new judging system that would receive +4 or +5 GOE

Tyranid

Final Flight
There was an interview with Lakernik, where among other things he said that he saw Kostornaya's 3A and he thinks that under new judging system that would receive +4 or +5 GOE
Russiafan, could you please find a link to that interview? I am trying to gather as much info. on A.R. Lakernik for translation. Since he's the "Big Boss" of figure skating, anything on him is important. Thanks!

Also:
http://www.sport-express.ru/figure-...vedeva-v-shou-lednikovyy-period-deti-1390030/

Translation:
Tatiana Tarasova has commended Evgenia Medvedeva for her tryout role as host of a new TV [skating] show "Ice Age. Children" on Russia's Channel 1. Today, on the 29'th of March, it became known that the 18 year-old, along with 2002 OGM Alexei Yagudin, will be hosting the show's new season which premieres on the 1'st of April, 17:15 Moscow time.
"Zhenia is a smart and wonderful girl. She communicates well with the children since she grew out of that age not too long ago. I like it very much but won't say anything more, it will be a surprise." - Said Tarasova
Earlier, the head of FFKR Alexander Gorshkov told "Sport-Express" that working on TV will not hinder Medvedeva's athletic career.

Nice, Radionova is doing a cooking TV show, Med is doing Ice Age. Money, money, money!

Sam-Skwantch

β€œI solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Radionova is doing a cooking show? Is there video?

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker

I mean, if that only gets +4, what gets +5?

alvina9894

Final Flight
I mean, if that only gets +4, what gets +5?

There are 8 positive GOE criteria in the current handbook, so +4 would be 7 criteria, +5 would be 8 criteria.
The last criteria that Kostornaya's 3A does not meet is
1) unexpected / creative / difficult entry
2) clear recognizable steps/free skating movements immediately preceding element
3) varied position in the air / delay in rotation
4) good height and distance
5) good extension on landing / creative exit
6) good flow from entry to exit including jump combinations / sequences
7) effortless throughout
8) element matched to the musical structure
because there is no music to match with.

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
Ah okay

Has anyone heard from puremagic?? It's been a really long time since he's been on here...

moriel

Record Breaker
As a side note, its not like judges really follow those criteria nowadays, so it is just more room for weird scoring.

Overall, they are working on a gold medal for kolyada lols, he was GOE king last worlds after all ;)