2018-19 Russian Ladies' figure skating | Page 695 | Golden Skate

2018-19 Russian Ladies' figure skating

Fluture

Record Breaker
Can anyone explain why Stasya got the spot at Universiade? I mean I totally understand the Euros decision, it‘s absolutely fair. And Liza probably can‘t be at Euros due to her health issues and so will be at Universiade to get to compete before Worlds. But Stasya? She‘s already going to Euros. Why not give either Maria or Evgenia the chance who both struggle this season and would need some more competitive experience? Doesn‘t make much sense to me.

How is the WTT team assigned? By the fed or are skaters invited?

Vandevska

U don't have to build the end of the world out it.
Medalist
Kostornaia could have won gold, and that is great.
A while ago people were saying how she is the "loser" out of 3A and so on since she doesn't quad, but...
Also, she lost her 3A due to growth, and i suppose they didn't want to force it this season, but its very likely they will recover it for next season.

I don't think she lost it due to growth, I believe she said at gpf that the success rate was never too big to begin with, but there's definitely potential for it seeing as how huge her 2A is.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
And I agree that we saw that with Zhenya in France. But I was commenting on today's competition. Obviously it's not exclusive to Alina.
You say this as if we read negative things only about Alina and no one else.
I for example didn't agree with both Zhenya's and Alina's PCS.... I said it a few times, it's not fair to the other skaters.
I also saw your previous comment, and felt super attacked. The point is, most comments here are just recyclables of "Alina sucks she's done she should change a coach" and "Zhenya sucks she's done and she was wrong to change a coach", whereas no one else gives any other opinion. I watched the whole competition today and gave comments on most skaters (the others I really didn't know). Instead of telling me what I am, I'd like you to give an explanation of things you liked and didn't like about the programs and skates.

Well, that's exacly how I've read your post, just about the different person, therefore I felt that as an attack, considering that Alina was overwhelmingly attacked after the clean SP. The next statement is true and I hope it would not be considered as calling other users: during friday, even in Alina's fanfest appeared many attacks (doubting her PCS, technique or whatever you can think about), and really nearly exclusively from people with Zhenya's picture as an avatar. That's true, I'm not trying to provoke anything, just stating the facts. Even if most of them were deleted I just couldn't accept the version you wrote, at least how I read it, as if it was only Zhenya who was attacked. Esp. knowing that I see you in Alina's fanfest sometimes, therefore you had to read at least some of those posts and yet you wrote it as if only Zhenya was attacked. Under those circumstances I just couldn't let such statement unanswered. Yes, this second version of my response is much softer than the previous but personally I still do not see my original response somehow worse, more calling, more aggressive than your original post.

Again, I'm not looking for frays, what I've written is my explanation why my response was how it was.

EdRoz

Record Breaker
A wonderful championship, excellent Gala. I think the audience in Saransk heard nothing about the holy wars on the internet, the audience is very warm, all the skaters are well and warmly greeted ,thank you Saransk :points:

Vandevska

U don't have to build the end of the world out it.
Medalist
Well, that's exacly how I've read your post, just about the different person, therefore I felt that as an attack, considering that Alina was overwhelmingly attacked after the clean SP. The next statement is true and I hope it would not be considered as calling other users: during friday, even in Alina's fanfest appeared many attacks (doubting her PCS, technique or whatever you can think about), and really nearly exclusively from people with Zhenya's picture as an avatar. That's true, I'm not trying to provoke anything, just stating the facts. Even if most of them were deleted I just couldn't accept the version you wrote, at least how I read it, as if it was only Zhenya who was attacked. Esp. knowing that I see you in Alina's fanfest sometimes, therefore you had to read at least some of those posts and yet you wrote it as if only Zhenya was attacked. Under those circumstances I just couldn't let such statement unanswered. Yes, this second version of my response is much softer than the previous but personally I still do not see my original response somehow worse, more calling, more aggressive than your original post.

Again, I'm not looking for frays, what I've written is my explanation why my response was how it was.

Just gonna say this: Until last year I was strictly just a Zhenya fan. But all of those amazing Russian ladies turned me into a fan of the sport instead. I like many girls as you can notice. Just like Zhenya fans for you, Alina fans were too toxic for me which is basically 50% of why I have little interest in her now. I really love her ex program this year but not her competitive programs. I haven't read her thread ever since the last time I posted which wasn't competition related and was a longer time ago. So sorry that you felt triggered, but that's my opinion and if you don't like it I can't do anything about it. This is a public forum after all.

I need to take a break from this thread too I'm tired.

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
I know that based on nationals results and her season, Zhenya hasn't necessarily earned a slot to Universiade over Konstantinova, but I still think that she should be on the team: Liza could be using that to get practice for worlds, but Stanislava is going to Euros too. Last season, when she competed at JWC and WC, two weeks apart iirc, she did much worse at Worlds. This year, Universiade is two weeks before Worlds. I think that that is likely too close for them to be able to trust her to deliver at Worlds. So, if they are determined to have her at worlds - and by their criteria, she does deserve to be on the team - then she shouldn't be at Universiade. And it would also give another competitive experience to Evgenia, who right now, I think that's what she needs (considering she can put it all together in practice) - a lower stakes, but still important, competition for her to keep competing her programs.

I'm very glad that Sofia is at least going to Euros. She deserves it so much :luv17:

Fluture

Record Breaker
I know that based on nationals results and her season, Zhenya hasn't necessarily earned a slot to Universiade over Konstantinova, but I still think that she should be on the team: Liza could be using that to get practice for worlds, but Stanislava is going to Euros too. Last season, when she competed at JWC and WC, two weeks apart iirc, she did much worse at Worlds. This year, Universiade is two weeks before Worlds. I think that that is likely too close for them to be able to trust her to deliver at Worlds. So, if they are determined to have her at worlds - and by their criteria, she does deserve to be on the team - then she shouldn't be at Universiade. And it would also give another competitive experience to Evgenia, who right now, I think that's what she needs (considering she can put it all together in practice) - a lower stakes, but still important, competition for her to keep competing her programs.

I'm very glad that Sofia is at least going to Euros. She deserves it so much :luv17:

I agree with everything being said here! :) :thumbsup:

moriel

Record Breaker
Can anyone explain why Stasya got the spot at Universiade? I mean I totally understand the Euros decision, it‘s absolutely fair. And Liza probably can‘t be at Euros due to her health issues and so will be at Universiade to get to compete before Worlds. But Stasya? She‘s already going to Euros. Why not give either Maria or Evgenia the chance who both struggle this season and would need some more competitive experience? Doesn‘t make much sense to me.

How is the WTT team assigned? By the fed or are skaters invited?

Stasya is #1 senior at RusNats, like we or no. Rusfed actually tends to stick to rusnats order.
To be fair, this season Stasya did much better than last season, internationally.

WTT - skaters are invited afaik
Not sure if its a good deal for Zhenya, though - because right now, she can pretty much finish the season and start working on new stuff. If she gets WTT, she is still not going to major ISU comps like Worlds and Euros, but would still have to keep training her current programs and remain in competitive shape.

fabienne1996

Medalist
Country
Germany
That's great. How is the Eteri-Zhenya dynamics?
The dynamics seems to be are at the point of completely ignoring each other even if you are standing not even 2 meters from each other. But that was right after Alinas skate so I do think it had more to do with that cause Eteri also did not look at polina or anyone else the moment after Alinas result came in. Alina left through the strong of the other skaters and Daniil and eteri left to go to the juniors.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Just gonna say this: Until last year I was strictly just a Zhenya fan. But all of those amazing Russian ladies turned me into a fan of the sport instead. I like many girls as you can notice. Just like Zhenya fans for you, Alina fans were too toxic for me which is basically 50% of why I have little interest in her now. I really love her ex program this year but not her competitive programs. I haven't read her thread ever since the last time I posted which wasn't competition related and was a longer time ago. So sorry that you felt triggered, but that's my opinion and if you don't like it I can't do anything about it. This is a public forum after all.

I need to take a break from this thread too I'm tired.

I think Zhenya's attacker is not automatically Alina's fan. In my personal defence I would like to say that I don't think I've ever written anythig bad about Zhenya personally. The only things that maybe someone of her fans could not like was when I've written after JGP France (and in friday), that her PCS was "generous". Also I've written that I don't like the choice of music for her programs (Tosca is definitely better for SP for me), but I've also written that I'm not fan of POTO (therefore I don't find it as profanation what Daniil did with it, in fact in this layout I find it much more interresting :biggrin:). But for me personal taste of a viewer or fan should not be something with what people argue. There is music I like and there is music I don't, but that should not make me doubting the way judges reward the skate.

Obviously our feelings are very similar about the other side and we could probably took such exchange as in tennis. But we would not get anywhere by this. So I will end this just by statement that what made me to write my response was the feeling that only one side is portrayed as bad. If in original post was something like

Just like Zhenya fans for you, Alina fans were too toxic for me

I would read it as that you are aware that the attacks are from both sides and both sides see it different way, I would not write a single word.

BTW, I'm tired of it too, that's why I've written recently that I'm looking forward to season's ending as I hope in less fanwars.