2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating | Page 632 | Golden Skate

2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Exactly! She deserves 75+ relative to what everyone else gets, but that will come in time. Judges aren't about to give a debuter that much as it'd give the skater no more room to grow. 72 is already WGM/OGM level PCS. It will come in NHK hopefully!

Sounds very reasonable and logical, every skater needs to be challenged into filling out that 'room to grow'. Still, for a debut, Alyona did excellent. The power of youth :)

Russia GP stage will be a display of 'home scoring'. Russian experts and media can whine as much as they want over 'foreigners' scoring their skaters in away matches, but will stay silent at their home event, shamelessly proclaiming loudly that they are entitled to wearing every crown without fighting for it.

Lunalovesskating

Moonbear power 🐻
Record Breaker
I love both Alena's and Alina's FS. Two of my favorite programs this season (Also there has never been an Alina program I haven't loved, POTO forever!). The joy both have for their programs is just addicting!
The amount of calls Alina got wow. I expected the call on the Loop as I saw the underrotation there (love that she really went for it, what a fighter!), but the other calls... were mind-boggling. Will have to rewatch the FS maybe I didn't pay enough attention.

PrayOrDie

Rinkside
Evgenia MEDVEDEVA 146.73

Alina ZAGITOVA 141.82

It's ridicoulus (and yes, you can hate me for that comparison)

Mishaminion

Record Breaker
Alyona is a goddess!

The ice was dangerous, so MAD at the French GP for allowing such poor ice conditions.

Alina struggled, I think the ice really unnerved her. Silver is nothing to be ashamed of, she did well to stay on her feet after the big stumble.

ruga

Final Flight
Congrats to Aliona! Now all 3A girls have won their first GPs. Not sure about 3F call, but since last season panels seem to be very strict about them. Or just got confused and wanted to put it on the lutz, who knows.

Alina's first mistake kind of put her off the timing, but she fought for every element. Jumps were not as great as in Japan Open, maybe just the nerves or French ice - a lot of skaters performed worse than they are capable of today.

starla16

Medalist
Alyona is a goddess!

The ice was dangerous, so MAD at the French GP for allowing such poor ice conditions.

Alina struggled, I think the ice really unnerved her. Silver is nothing to be ashamed of, she did well to stay on her feet after the big stumble.

well France always had the worst ice surfaces, she can forget about it now and skate at NHK the next time.

Lunalovesskating

Moonbear power 🐻
Record Breaker
Evgenia MEDVEDEVA 146.73

Alina ZAGITOVA 141.82

Ah yes, dragging Evgenia once again into things that have nothing to do with her, what a class act *sarcasm* Evgenia was clean at SC so I don't even know why you are dragging her into this.

icybear

Medalist
Evgenia MEDVEDEVA 146.73

Alina ZAGITOVA 141.82

Evgenia MEDVEDEVA 209.62

Alina ZAGITOVA 216.06

In case you didnt know you win by total points. And the comparison is totally pointless

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
You can not compare scores across competitions.

And I don't remember Evgenia having the jumping problems Alina did today. And her skate was very beautiful. Just because you don't like her doesn't mean she is not an excellent skater.

It's getting old how much trash talk some of you do about Evgenia. Most other countries would be thrilled to have such a lovely, talented, well spoken women representing them.

fabienne1996

Medalist
Country
Germany
Evgenia MEDVEDEVA146.73

Alina ZAGITOVA141.82

2 different competitions, and alina had a fall today, stop getting zhenya into everything, sh3 doesn't have anything to do with this. And zhenyas free skate was amazing for that matter, I didn't watch alinas yet but she will also have been great. So stop dragging zhenyas name into it every time something goes wrong with alina. Just stop it please

Mishaminion

Record Breaker
And still the complaining, underserved digs at other skaters and repetitive outcries...

Can't people just be happy?

Alyona deserved to win, Alina struggled but fought hard and got the Silver.
Mariah had two really excellent skates for the Bronze

Congratulations to three excellent skaters!

Lunalovesskating

Moonbear power 🐻
Record Breaker
You can not compare scores across competitions.

And I don't remember Evgenia having the jumping problems Alina did today. And her skate was very beautiful. Just because you don't like her doesn't mean she is not an excellent skater.

It's getting old how much trash talk some of you do about Evgenia. Most other countries would be thrilled to have such a lovely, talented, well spoken women representing them.

:agree:

fabienne1996

Medalist
Country
Germany
Please stop reacting to this kind of comparison that's useless
It just makes me so mad that in here certain people are allowed to again drag zhenyas name into it , what do they wish? That there is again a wave of hate against her.? Which would be nothing new in this thread, but this here is just so utterly ridiculous